cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equalizer for Free / Paid Subscription

pug39
Local Performer

Does Subscription have equalized music?   Free music goes up and down, am constantly adjusting volume, no matter what device I'm on!!!!!

mod edit: changed title for clarity

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @ViCiOuS_D. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about your suggestions. We have some existing feature requests that you may be interested in seeing implemented:

To upvote an existing feature request, click on the 💙 icon next to the title and feel free to leave a comment. You can also create your own suggestions here: Feature Requests

Hope to see you around the community space more often. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

9 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @pug39. 👋

We don't alter music equalization on Pandora from how it appears on the original releases unlike terrestrial radio, which may equalize or compress the entire broadcast. This can result in some volume differences between songs. 

If you'd like to use an equalizer, there are some third-party applications available for equalizing audio from any source on your computer or mobile device. However, Pandora does not officially support these apps.

We do have an existing feature request for an adjustable / visual equalizer feature for the Pandora app: Adjustable / Visual Equalizer -- you can click on the ❤️ icon to upvote this suggestion.

Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora Community! :pandora:

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

mggpatt
Local Performer

If you'd like to use an equalizer, there are some third-party applications available for equalizing audio from any source on your computer or mobile device. 

I can not find any that supports Pandora.

Any suggested apps that work on IOS?

Thanks

Rlawrence
Underground

Have you found any iOS apps that will work for EQ on Pandora?  I can’t find any so far 😞  

ViCiOuS_D
Local Performer
  • Can there possibly be added an Equalizer/Bass Booster w/ Spectral Visualizer that is all that is and ever has been missing from the Pandora app. Please and thank you. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @ViCiOuS_D. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about your suggestions. We have some existing feature requests that you may be interested in seeing implemented:

To upvote an existing feature request, click on the 💙 icon next to the title and feel free to leave a comment. You can also create your own suggestions here: Feature Requests

Hope to see you around the community space more often. 🎧

Pjd813
Underground

Why haven’t these requests been acted upon? There are no applications that I can find for IOS that will take Pandora as input and EQ the music from Pandora and output that to either the iOS device speakers or Bluetooth attached devices. 
Pandora keeps saying that 1) there are apps that will EQ anything on your device - that’s a lie and 2) upvote a product improvement request and wait for a response. These requests have existed for YEARS and nothing has happened.
I pay for this service. A useable EQ is a must.

pug39
Local Performer

W O W so many years of people asking for music to be equalized you would think Pandora would get the message for more paid subscriptions.!       To whom mentioned Spotify, thank you for the info.  Will give them a try, smooth listing without adjusting sounds Great.?🙃

Revman7
Local Performer

I've been a pandora premium member for many years.  I'm having second thoughts about continuing on if they don't implement a simple equalizer into their app.  It's 2023... come on now.  That's like not having a light bulb to see in the dark these days.

stixhellberg
Local Performer

If Spotify and YouTube can do this then so can you. Being able to change EQ to your liking is imperative for many reasons: 1) Listening on different speakers/ headphones/ear buds, or at home or car etc. 2) Being a professional musician with damaged hearing from many years of playing music or loss of hearing from other types of jobs or illness 3) Recording and mastering music of many different genres, the EQ changes pretty drastically.  Also, speed variation would be nice for many reasons, most of all I could use it for teaching music. Thanks!