cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hearing out of place tracks on station

FrostLab
Diamond in the Rough

Station playing VERY wrong genre songs:

Sunday Appropriate(https://www.pandora.com/station/132923261364216789)

Out of place artists(or at least what's showing in the 'artist' spot) & Tracks:
The Grudge 2 (Film Score) - Track: Seme
Secession Studios & Secession Studios - Track: Dancing with Flames
Tadayoshi Makino - Track: FFVII REMAKE: The Drum
Adam Skorupa - Track: An Ominous Place
Wreck-It Ralph (Soundtrack) - Track: Rocket Fiasco (From "Wreck-It Ralph"/Score)
Yuka Kitamura - Track: Malenia, Blade of Miquella
Christopher Young - Track: Dead or Living?
Sean Aschafianski - Track: A Sacrifice
Gareth Coker - Track: Lost In The Misty Woods
Gavin Greenaway - Track: The Might of Rome
Two Steps from Hell & Thomas Bergerson - Track: He's The Giant
Jay Vincent & Michael Kramer - Track: Horns of Destruction
The Corpse Bride (Film Score) - Track: Casting a Spell
Assassin's Creed 2 (Original Game Soundtrack) - Track: Ezo in Florence
Benjamin Wallfisch - Track: Georgie, Meet Pennywise
Kevin Kiner - Track: Darth Maul Breaks Obi-Wan
World Of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Original Game Soundtrack) - Track: Depths Of Vashj'ir
The Lyndhurst Orchestra & Gavin Greenaway - Track: Am I Not Merciful?
World Of Warcraft: Wrath Of The Lich King (Original Game Soundtrack) - Track: Angrathar's Shadow
Ron Grainer - Track: Doctor Who 1987
Fallout New Vegas (Original Game Sountrack) - Track: Out of Business
Graeme Revell - Track: Rememberance
Spartacus: Blood And Sand (Film Score) - Track: Reunion Imminent/Tragic Reunion
Mark Ayres - Track: Main Theme (From "A Nightmare On Elm Street")
Natalie Holt - Track: TVA Inner Workings
Anthony Hopkins, Libera, The Lyndhurst Orchestra & Gavin Greenaway - Track: Zimmer: Dear Clarice

Yes, I was able to give these a Thumbs down. I refered to the stations thumbs-down list to give you this^.

As can be seen in the screenshots from my phone, these were all while listening via "My Station" mode

*ATTENTION*  I've also included some screenshots of songs that WERE supposed to be played & it played the piece from The Grudge 2 after playing many of the correct, Thumbs UP'd ones(visibly in the screenshots).  This is to give yall a quick idea of the kind of music the station is SUPPOSED to play.

Seriously guys, this screw up is almost as bad as listening to Christian hymns & then someone blasting Satanic Death Metal music over it.  COMPLETELY the opposite of what I've been led to believe is the point of the Music Genome Project. -_-

Screenshot_20221011-080202_Pandora.png<VERY Out of Place!

Screenshot_20221011-081202_Pandora.png<VERY Out of Place!Screenshot_20221011-090459_Pandora.png<SERIOUSLY SCARY MAN! W.T.H?!Screenshot_20221011-090526_Pandora.png<SUPPOSED TO PLAYScreenshot_20221011-090531_Pandora.png<SUPPOSED TO PLAYScreenshot_20221011-090534_Pandora.png<SUPPOSED TO PLAYScreenshot_20221011-090543_Pandora.png<SUPPOSED TO PLAYScreenshot_20221011-090547_Pandora.png<SUPPOSED TO PLAYScreenshot_20221011-090552_Pandora.png<SUPPOSED TO PLAYPandora Playing Ominous Among Hymns -_-.png<THIS one played WHILE I was constructing this post/response!

Labels (2)
108 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Always happy to help, @cseldon. 😎

Enjoy the music!

0 Kudos

burgertime
Opening Act

I'm getting Nightwish (a symphonic metal band) playing on my station that is based on the Howard Shore LOTR soundtracks, Misty Mountains, and Skyrim music. It's like a very chill, hanging out in a medieval/fantasy tavern station. Then suddenly METAL. I get it, your stations now cross the streams, but this is getting ridiculous. Yes, sometimes I listen to metal. I also often want some chill, quiet music like when I'm working. They should stay separate. I am also getting bands like Heilung and Danheim on this station which I would describe as Viking metal or folk but very heavy/aggressive kind of folk if that makes sense. I have a SEPARATE STATION for those artists. Why is this still a problem for paying customers? I've had metal bands show up on my Enya station too. ENYA. The most relaxing, soft music in the world. Screen Shot 2023-10-24 at 1.23.01 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-10-24 at 1.28.55 PM.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@burgertime I've passed your feedback along to our engineering team.

In the meantime, I recommend you continue to Thumb Down out of place tracks on that station, while also giving a Thumbs Up to tracks you do want to hear on that station.

0 Kudos

mturner71
Local Performer

Why did pandora mix all my music stations?

Go to all the trouble of creating stations based upon certain styles of music and pandora decides to mix them all up.  Now I have heavy metal playing on my classic 40's station.   **ahem**?   Completely removes all use of creating stations.    I think this was a terrible idea. 

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mturner71 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Hearing out of place tracks on station

The next time it happens, please give the out of place track that plays a thumbs down and write us back with the following:

• The name of the station you were listening to:
  • The date/time the out of place track(s) played
  • The name(s) of the out of place artist(s) on the station.
  • The title(s) of the out of place track(s) that played.
  • Were you able to give the out of place track(s) a Thumbs down?
  • Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?

Also if possible, please grab a screenshot of the out of place track that plays, and send that in a reply to this message.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

onionbarb
Local Performer

Hi.  My Christmas music station keeps playing Mexican music, which I do not like.  I keep thumbs-downing them and they seem to be playing all the more.  I love Pandora and my Christmas music station.  I've been very happy with it for years, but this is annoying me.  I do not have it on shuffle, as I see others having a problem with that.  What can I do?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@onionbarb I moved your post over to this existing thread: Hearing out of place tracks on station

took a look at your Christmas station, and can see the out of place tracks are being pulled from an additional seed that you've added: Felice NavidadCarlos by "Patato" Valdes

Here is a screenshot of where I am seeing the additional seeds that you added to your station: 

Screenshot 2023-12-03 at 4.36.27 AM.png

You can delete the bad seed by editing your station.

To delete that bad seed from a computer:

1. From My Collection, visit your station list.
  2. Click on the name of the station you'd like to edit. This will take you directly to the station's "backstage page." 
  3. Hover the mouse over the station seed you'd like to remove and select Delete.

To delete that bad seed from a mobile device:

1. From My Collection, visit your station list.
  2. Tap on the name of the station you'd like to edit.
  3. This will start your station, so tap the the Thumb icon in the upper right corner of your screen to continue to the station's backstage page.
  4. From the station's backstage page, tap on the Edit icon (the small pencil to the left of the play icon) to edit your station, and scroll down to Station Created From.
  5. Remove this "bad seed" by tapping the small (X) beside that item.

Hope this helps!

onionbarb
Local Performer

Adam, thank you so much!!  This worked well.  We're back to enjoying our Christmas music.  🙂

--OnionBarb

daphnie816
Local Performer
  • "who doesn't need a little lindsay Stirling in every single station I make?"

This. All this. Every. Single. Station. Classical? Lindsey. Metal? Lindsey. Station with 10 metal bands seed? Lindsey. Christmas? Lindsey. Celtic? Lindsey. Nightcore? Lindsey. I *think* maybe she's not on relaxation radio or ambient music radio.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@daphnie816 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Hearing out of place tracks on station

The next time it happens, please give the out of place track that plays a thumbs down and write us back with the following:

• Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?

Also if possible, please grab a screenshot of the out of place track that plays, and send that in a reply to this message.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy to hear it, @onionbarb😁

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos

aevans117
Underground

My jazz fuision station will throw in an odd Uriah Heap, AC/DC, Neil Young song ; My Bossa nova station kicks in a norah Jones, Grace potter, etc song every 8th song..

After a while it seems like all of my stations are playing the same songs no matter what genre I select. Why am I paying for this?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@aevans117 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Hearing out of place tracks on station

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

untamed_cowboy8
Local Performer

here is one. this artist shouldnt on my playlist. 

untamed_cowboy8_0-1702467528797.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@untamed_cowboy8 I do see you were able to give that track a Thumbs Down.

Continue to give tracks that play a Thumbs Down if you do not want them to play again on this particular station.

This will help teach your station so that it learns what type of music you want to hear vs. what type of music you don't want to hear.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Diamond in the Rough

Last night around 7pm-8pm, the Little Drummer Boy was playing on my Daryll Hall & John Oates radio station. Not acceptable to me during December and certainly not acceptable in January. Please fix your algorithms. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@378018 Thanks for reporting this.

It looks like that track was pulled as it is listed on the album Ultimate Hits: Rock And Roll Never Forgets (Remastered) by Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band.

I've passed your feedback along to our curation team for further review.

In the meantime, please make sure to give that track a thumbs down if it plays on your station again.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

3C
Opening Act

We should be careful about identifying threads as solved that aren't really solved. Surgically removing seed songs really is not a solution for the general issue of out-of-place songs. 

I suspect that part of the problem is that associations made on Station A are being allowed to influence song selections on Station B. Among my stations, I have a prog rock station and an electronic music station which are probably my two biggest go-to stations. If I start making song selections on the prog rock station, I will start to see those songs or similar come across my electronic station. I have two stations for a reason

One question I have for the moderators is whether or not you have any power to influence the algorithm. If you do, I would recommend correcting it so that it is station-specific and does not bleed over to other stations. I have made some other suggestions in another thread

One thing that really is not a solution is surgically removing seed songs. The reason I seeded that song is that it has elements related to the sound of my station. Clearly, the elements Pandora assigns to that song are not the same. Now if I could see what Pandora thinks the associations are, or even how song selections are tied to the seed songs, that would help. Bottom line is that what we think should happen when we seed that song and what is actually happening are not the same.

0 Kudos

FoxHan13
Opening Act

@AdamPandora So this artist https://www.pandora.com/artist/cheerleader/ARKr7zfJrJwfx96 has a profile with their full correct discography and similar artists that make sense, but when I make a station, instead of the band Cheerleader, it's basing the music played on the song "Cheerleader" by OMI. It plays a bunch of pop music, including "Girls Like You" by Maroon 5, which is a similar song for "Cheerleader", Jason Derulo, who's a similar artist for OMI, and OMI himself. This is an obvious glitch and I hope y'all can do something to fix it!

0 Kudos

Diamond in the Rough

My station was curated and programmed to only play Jewish music. I don't expect to hear out of place songs. I had alexa thumb down 7 songs that didn't belong on Klezmer Juice Radio.

0 Kudos