cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a new playlist

Counselorgram
Local Performer

How about playlists like Spotify offers? 
Also, please change the songs more often on the lists I create. I listen to them often and it's like they're on a loop.

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @puckiso playlists are currently a feature of Pandora Premium. If you are currently not a Premium subscriber, you would need to upgrade to receive this feature. You can check out @ErickPandora post here for more information about the different subscription levels and the features they offer. 

If you are currently a Premium subscriber and would like to create a custom playlist, you can use the following steps:

From a Mobile Device:

To create a new playlist, go to My Collection.

My Collection shows album art for all of your recently played tracks, but also allows you to sort your "Added" content – whether that might be radio stations, albums or songs.

To add a playlist, filter your Added content by tapping the downward arrow (or "carat") which appears below the album art.

Select Playlist from the menu.

Next, tap + New Playlist. Enter a name for your playlist and tap Next. Finally, use the search bar to find your favorite songs or albums to add.

Keep in mind that you can also create new playlists from the Now Playing screen, or by searching for a particular track. Just tap the ellipsis (...) below the album art, and indicate whether you'd like to add the track to a new playlist or an existing one.

Once you've created a playlist, you can harness the power of Pandora to recommend additional music you might want to add.

From the Web:

There are a number of ways to create playlists.

First, from your My Collection page, filter your collection by Playlists and select  + Create Playlist.

You can also do this from the Now Playing screen by clicking the ellipsis (three dots) below the album art to reveal a sub-menu. Hover over Add to Playlist and select New Playlist.

Finally, you can create a playlist from most songs or albums by clicking that ellipsis as well.

Thanks for being part of community! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

33 Replies

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Counselorgram

You're in luck! Pandora now offers 4 different tiers of service:

• Free ad-supported Pandora
  • Pandora Plus
  • Pandora Premium
  • Pandora Premium Family

• Pandora Premium includes all the benefits of Pandora Plus but also offers the ability to search and play songs on-demand. With Pandora Premium you can create fully customizable playlists, access as much of your music collection offline as your mobile device will allow, and you'll have higher quality audio and longer timeouts than Pandora Plus subscribers. Pandora Premium is $9.99/month or $109.89/year (when purchased directly from Pandora). To find out which devices support Pandora Premium features, see Minimum Specifications & Supported Devices. 

If you'd like to upgrade to Premium today, click here.

As for adding variety to your stations, I recommend checking out @AlyssaPandora's suggestions here.

I hope you find this helpful! 😁

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos

puckiso
Local Performer

The topic states "how do i create a play list" but there is still no direct answer on how to do it. Why does this have to be so difficult. A simple step by step set of directions would solve the problem!!

TannerPandora

Hi @puckiso playlists are currently a feature of Pandora Premium. If you are currently not a Premium subscriber, you would need to upgrade to receive this feature. You can check out @ErickPandora post here for more information about the different subscription levels and the features they offer. 

If you are currently a Premium subscriber and would like to create a custom playlist, you can use the following steps:

From a Mobile Device:

My Collection shows album art for all of your recently played tracks, but also allows you to sort your "Added" content – whether that might be radio stations, albums or songs.

To add a playlist, filter your Added content by tapping the downward arrow (or "carat") which appears below the album art.

Next, tap + New Playlist. Enter a name for your playlist and tap Next. Finally, use the search bar to find your favorite songs or albums to add.

Keep in mind that you can also create new playlists from the Now Playing screen, or by searching for a particular track. Just tap the ellipsis (...) below the album art, and indicate whether you'd like to add the track to a new playlist or an existing one.

Once you've created a playlist, you can harness the power of Pandora to recommend additional music you might want to add.

From the Web:

There are a number of ways to create playlists.

First, from your My Collection page, filter your collection by Playlists and select  + Create Playlist.

You can also do this from the Now Playing screen by clicking the ellipsis (three dots) below the album art to reveal a sub-menu. Hover over Add to Playlist and select New Playlist.

Finally, you can create a playlist from most songs or albums by clicking that ellipsis as well.

Thanks for being part of community! 🎧

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

NuDogD
Local Performer

I just signed up for Pandora Premium. How do I create my own playlist please?

mod edit: changing title for clarity

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @NuDogD Welcome to community! Hope you enjoy your new subscription of Pandora Premium. 

You can create a playlist either on mobile or web. Please see below for instructions for both. 

Mobile:

++

Web:

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. 🎧

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

foxfamily238
Local Performer

The only reason I signed up is because it said I can personalize my playlist. If I can’t I’ll cancel our subscription. Thx

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@foxfamily238 Nice to see you around the community. 👋🏽

As long as you are currently upgraded to Pandora Premium, then you should be able to follow the instructions provided in the accepted solution to this post to create a new customized playlist. 

If you continue to experience issues with this, let me know and I can escalate you over to our support team for further assistance. 

0 Kudos

dstruve
Local Performer

This stinks they took that away from us after we had the feature. makes me think of changing.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dstruve Nice to see you around the community.

It looks like your account is currently upgraded to Pandora Plus - not Pandora Premium.

To clarify, the ability to create customized playlists has never been an option with a Pandora Plus account. Pandora Premium was introduced as a new subscription tier to give our listeners the ability to do this. 

Were you having trouble creating new radio stations to your account?

Let me know.

Geoff
Local Performer

Just got on this and trying to figure it out. First thing is that tech and i are sworn enemies. Lol! Trying to make a playlist and am having trouble stopping songs to switch to another.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Geoff Nice to see you around the community! 👋🏽

Creating customized playlists:

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how you can create a new playlist from either your mobile device or a computer. 

Stopping songs to switch to another:

Have you tried pressing the Pause button, searching for a new song, and then pressing play on the track you just searched for?

If that isn't what you were referring to, can you please provide me with a little more information about what you need help with?

Thanks for your patience.

0 Kudos

maddj4321
Underground

Hi im new to this how do to make a playlist

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@maddj4321 I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to create a new playlist

To clarify, playlists are currently a feature of Pandora Premium. If you are currently not a Premium subscriber, you would need to upgrade to receive this feature.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for more information around this.

This being said, you do have the ability to create radio stations with your free account..

To create a station on the web:

1. In the Search tool at the top of your screen enter an artist, song, composer or genre.
  2. Then click the appropriate search result (it may help to filter your results by Station).
  3. From a source's backstage page click Start Station to add the station to your collection.

You can also use Browse to view station and playlist suggestions picked just for you.

You can find Browse next to My Collection on the home screen of our website.

To create stations on your mobile device or any other device:

Visit our related articles for information about how to create stations or use Pandora on iOS devicesAndroid devices, or other popular devices.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

maddj4321
Underground

thanks that was helpful

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy to hear that, @maddj4321

Enjoy the music! 😎

maddj4321
Underground

your  welcome 😀.

Pb57
Local Performer

Thanks for the info.  

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Always happy to help, @Pb57! 😁 

0 Kudos

rvt300
Local Performer

these instructions are terrible.  there is no filter - no create playlist - no add playlist.

nothing allowing a start point for a new playlist.

ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE!!!!!

0 Kudos