cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora Premium: Where to find downloaded content

Garza7133
Local Performer

Where does the downloaded music go? Or do I have to download a music app? Please help

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Garza7133 The tracks you download will continue to live within the Pandora app, but you may listen to them offline with an Android or iOS device.

In other words, Pandora Premium allows subscribers to take individual songs, albums, or stations offline for listening within the Pandora app. However, it's not possible to transfer your Pandora music collection to an external music source. If you're outside of our app, or you're accessing Pandora from our website or another type of device, you won't be able to view those downloads.

If you'd prefer to download music for your personal collection with a file you can access elsewhere, we recommend buying it from an online music store or authorized retailer.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Are you a premium customer? If you are then you can create your own Playlists as well as collect stations in your personal collection. If your not a premium customer then Pandora offers you music to listen to but with ads, and if my memory serves me right you cannot collect music such as a personal Playlist or station's. 

If you need further information or assistance then here are the right people who will help you. 

@AlyssaPandora, @AdamPandora, @TannerPandora, @ShannonPandora and @ErickPandora one of these great people will be more than happy to help you with your questions and or problems. 

Take care and stay safe.

MOHLovesAlaska

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Garza7133 The tracks you download will continue to live within the Pandora app, but you may listen to them offline with an Android or iOS device.

In other words, Pandora Premium allows subscribers to take individual songs, albums, or stations offline for listening within the Pandora app. However, it's not possible to transfer your Pandora music collection to an external music source. If you're outside of our app, or you're accessing Pandora from our website or another type of device, you won't be able to view those downloads.

If you'd prefer to download music for your personal collection with a file you can access elsewhere, we recommend buying it from an online music store or authorized retailer.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

brooke13
Local Performer

Android: Where are downloaded Pandora songs? Not w/audio or downladed files?

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @brooke13!

Nice to see you around the community and thanks for the post.

Please check out @AdamPandora Accepted Solution on where to find your downloaded songs on Pandora.

Offline Mode and Downloads (How it works)

Offline Listening is available to Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium subscribers. When you lose your mobile connection, Pandora will alert you with a notification to let you know that we are switching you to one of your offline stations. This way you stay connected to your music without major interruptions.

For Pandora Plus subscribers, we will automatically choose up to three of your most-listened-to stations along with Thumbprint Radio* and add them to your offline listening stations. Pandora Premium subscribers, on the other hand, can choose which additional stations, albums, songs, or playlists are downloaded.

Both Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium listeners can also switch to Offline Listening at any time, so you can save your data and take the music you love wherever you go.

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

Sweetpea0932
Local Performer

I have several questions. The first being when I download songs where do they go?  Isbell years now and I have never been able to find them. Also how do I change where things are stored. Also I don't listen to Spanish music nor do I speak Spanish but yet my recommended music is always full of either Spanish music or thug music, neither of which I listen to.  Why is that? SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING CANCELING MEMBERSHIP IF THIS CANT BE FIXED

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sweetpea0932 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Pandora Premium: Where to find downloaded content

Where to find downloaded content:

The tracks you download will continue to live within the Pandora app, but you may listen to them offline with an Android or iOS device.

In other words, Pandora Premium allows subscribers to take individual songs, albums, or stations offline for listening within the Pandora app. 

To switch to Offline Mode and view your downloaded content:

1. Tap the Profile tab and then the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  2. Toggle Offline Mode on.

Once Offline Mode has been enabled, you will see only the content in your collection that has been downloaded for offline listening.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hearing out of place tracks on your stations:

I'm happy to look into your additional issue.

The next time it happens, please give the out of place track that plays a thumbs down and write us back with the following:

• The name of the station you were listening to:
  • The date/time the out of place track(s) played
  • The name(s) of the out of place artist(s) on the station.
  • The title(s) of the out of place track(s) that played.
  • Were you able to give the out of place track(s) a Thumbs down?
  • Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?

Also if possible, please grab a screenshot of the out of place track that plays, and send that in a reply to this message.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

Menejpads
Local Performer

I'm going on a cruise (Carnival). The wifi plans they have say you cant stream music. Does that include playlists I have downloaded to listen within the Pandora app offline?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Menejpads We can only legally offer Pandora services to listeners located in the United States at this time.

This applies equally to free and paid accounts, as well as Pandora on all computers and supported devices, including offline.

That said, if you are a Pandora Plus or Premium subscriber, you will be able to play your downloaded music while traveling outside of the country temporarily.

Please note you will need to download your offline content prior to leaving our service area. Android users must also manually set the Pandora app to offline mode before leaving.

Also, your offline collection will be removed if you uninstall or sign out of the Pandora app, or if you are unable to re-establish a connection with Pandora via a Wi-Fi or mobile network within 30 days.

Keep in mind Premium subscribers can download Stations, Playlists, albums and songs for offline listening and Plus subscribers will be limited to only four stations.

Visit the Pandora website to view your subscription options.

Hope this is helpful.

0 Kudos

Melissabelleme
Local Performer

I have headphones that have memory and want to transfer the music files I downloaded from my Pandora premium membership to the headset. What folder in my phone has the mp3 files? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Melissabelleme Due to our licensing, downloading or stream-ripping is not permitted.

The tracks you download will continue to live within the Pandora app, but you may listen to them offline with an Android or iOS device.

In other words, Pandora Premium allows subscribers to take individual songs, albums, or stations offline for listening within the Pandora app. However, it's not possible to transfer your Pandora music collection to an external music library. If you're outside of our app, or you're accessing Pandora from our website or another type of device (such as a computer), you won't be able to view those downloads.

For more information on Offline Mode and Downloads, you can refer to this article.

Hope this helps explain. 

0 Kudos