cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Drop Playlist keeps showing up

Alchron
On the Rise

I am always seeing the drop playlist and I keep deleting it, yet it keeps showing up everytime I restart Pandora on my device, is there a way to make it stop adding itself to my collection?

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
35 Replies

Savageman5
Local Performer

I'm having a very similar problem but for me I cant delete it altogether, I remove it from my collection and it says it's been deleted but it's still there

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Savageman5! Welcome to community, thanks for letting us know. 

Can you let me know if this is happening on a particular device, like your mobile, or multiple devices?

In the meantime, I've made a small change. Let me know if you're still having trouble. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Savageman5
Local Performer

Sorry it's on my Note 9, still there and still cant delete it

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for following up @Savageman5.

I checked on the web, and I don't see the playlist on my end. There may be cache issue on your Note. 

I'd like to try clearing the app data to see if this will help. 

*Please note: Pandora Premium listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after clearing the app data. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after, please let me know.

You can clear the app data from your Android Settings:
  1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

You will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

Let me know if you run into any issues clearing the app data or if The Drop is still present. 

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

ammoss110291
Underground

So Pandora created this playlist of songs I don't want or even like and filled it with artists I don't care about. I have been trying for 30 min this morning to delete it from the app. I have restarted my phone, logged out and back in, uninstalled and reinstalled the app and nothing seems to work. I hit delete and it never deletes despite the message saying it has. I wish Pandora would give the option to turn off the feature of them creating playlists or stations because it is really annoying.

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @ammoss110291. 👋

Sorry for any trouble you've experienced. Sounds like you're referring to a featured playlist.

Some Featured Playlists may have been added to your music collection based on your listening history or to make you aware of playlists you might enjoy. Featured Playlists are unique song collections that are crafted by Pandora and personalized based on your music tastes.

You can use the following steps to remove Featured Playlists from your music collection.

To un-collect a playlist from a mobile device:

1. Go to My Collection
  2. Press and hold the name of the playlist you'd like to remove.
  3. Tap the highlighted Collected icon to the left of the play icon. 

To un-collect a playlist from your computer: 

1. Go to My Collection.
  2. Hover over the playlist's album art and click the ellipsis (three dots) 
  3. Select Remove from your collection. 

If you'd like to re-collect these playlists later, you can find them through For You. You can also search for them by name.

At this time, the option to turn off all featured playlists isn't a feature of Pandora. If you'd like to see this implemented, feel free to create a feature request here as other listeners may be interested in this too.

++

If you still have trouble with this, please let me know the exact name(s) of the playlist(s) you're having trouble with. A screenshot would be helpful too, if you're able to send one.

Thanks so much for posting on the community! 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

ammoss110291
Underground

I appreciate your response, but I have already tried that multiple times and it still will not remove from my collection. Is there something else I can try?

0 Kudos

ammoss110291
Underground

TempScreenshot_20200429-090033_Pandora.jpg

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ammoss110291 Thanks for sending over the screenshot.

I checked in with User Support and they made a small change to your account.

Could you try exiting the app and then relaunching it?

Let me know if the playlist still appears. 📲

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

ammoss110291
Underground

Thank you. It is now gone. I appreciate your help very much. Have a great day.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting me know, @ammoss110291.

Glad to be of help. If you run into anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know. In the meantime, enjoy the tunes 🎶

0 Kudos

AmmynS
Local Performer

I am having the same problem. I try to delete it, it says it is deleted, yet it is still there. There are two "The Drop"  playlists that I don't want there.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AmmynS You should be able to delete that playlist from your collection with the instructions I provided in my message above.

If you continue to run into issues, could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Can you provide me with a screenshot of the two "The Drop" playlists you're seeing in your collection? 

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Reaj2008
Underground

Having the same issue in one plus t 7 pro. I am a Pandora paid subscription and this stupid drop playlist keeps showing up. Two of them! We don't want and did not ask for you to make us a drop playlist. So just get rid of it all together! Tell that to your engineers! You can delete it and it says deleted but it is still there! Fix it! These messages have been ongoing for a year here! I tell you one delete that will work is when I delete my paid account here! Get rid of this drop! We pay and we can make our own play lists!

Screenshot_20201005-025018.jpg

 look at this **ahem**! You in collect not and delete it and it is back right away! So annoying!

Screenshot_20201005-024939.jpg

 yessss delete! Delete the whole playlist! Get rid of this Pandora! 

Screenshot_20201005-025447__01.jpg

 removed from your Device!  

Screenshot_20201005-025455__01.jpg

5 seconds later! It's back! 😖😖😖😖😖 And the same for all your other created playlists! What gives! We don't want it!

Yes these are the annoying drop play lists they keep adding and won't let us delete!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Reaj2008 Thank you for taking the time to report this.

I went ahead and escalated your feedback over to our engineers so they can take a closer look.

Keep an eye on this thread as I will be providing you with an update here as I hear back from them.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Reaj2008 Our engineers have made a small change that should have helped to remove that playlist from your collection.

Let me know if you continue to run into issues with this. 

0 Kudos