cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gapless playbacks/equalizer

_gh1
Local Performer

just upgraded to premium, and no equalizer function or gapless playback, am I missing something here, this is premium ? audio quality is really sub-par compared to Spotify. also, every time I edit or change functions or screens I get a break in whatever track I'm listening to, absolutely ridiculous, I mean come on, are you kidding me ? 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@_gh1 Thank you for your feedback.

Equalizer and higher audio quality:

To express your interest in getting an equalizer as well as higher audio quality added to Pandora, I recommend giving a ❤️ to these two feature requests:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Gapless playbacks:

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot/screen-recording of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
18 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@_gh1 Thank you for your feedback.

Equalizer and higher audio quality:

To express your interest in getting an equalizer as well as higher audio quality added to Pandora, I recommend giving a ❤️ to these two feature requests:

Gapless playbacks:

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot/screen-recording of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Alex_6
Underground

Gapless feature request is here if you want to vote for it:
https://community.pandora.com/t5/Feature-Requests/gapless-audio-please/idi-p/5427

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Alex_6 Thank you for sharing that. 👍🏽

Chokonen
Local Performer

It would be nice to have an equalizer that we can adjust to improve the quality of the sound.

Robert Chokonen Anthony Van Fleet

Natasha8811
Local Performer

Suggestion was made to go to new feature requests to ask for equalizer for the volume of songs.  Some are very soft and some very loud so I am constantly adjusting volume.  This is especially a problem when I plat Pandora at night to go to sleep.  I see that other listeners have written about the same problem.

Tapn69
Local Performer

Right on. Come on Pandora! This was and is a big reason people won’t subscribe.  If I switch to Spotify without using their equalizer on the app it sounds clear and louder. Pandora definitely has issues with sound

Ramen
Local Performer

I am wondering why does Pandora lack some basic features that was requested way way way back such as gapless playback
Controlling where you want the song to be
Better UI
Better Desktop/Website application
On the iPhone you can't even disable accessory mode! How is that intuitive to the consumer at all

I find myself liking Pandora recommendation but services that came after Pandora have these "basic features" that stray me completely away from Pandora. Pandora is being left behind and Pandora doesn't seem to be trying what so ever.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ramen I moved your post into this existing thread: gapless playbacks/equalizer

While this is not currently a feature, I recommend upvoting this existing feature request with a ❤️if you'd like to see it added to the service: Crossfade / Gapless Audio Playback

Additional feature requests:

I recommend creating new feature requests for your additional feedback regarding the UI for our Desktop App/website, along with your feedback regarding accessory mode on iOS here.

Thanks so much for being a part of the Community! 

0 Kudos

adimango9
Local Performer

Absurd that this feature has been on request for years now.  What's the story Pandora?  Too much competition to sleep on items like EQ and gapless playback.

jab6string
Underground

Yes, please add gapless playback!  This is a basic feature that people have been used to since the days of records, tapes, CDs...

Why does online streaming with Pandora have less quality when it comes to this basic feature of the music listening experience that we've had for decades?

sdneidich
Underground

Pandora's lack of gapless pandora is the reason I am changing my subscription to a competitor who offers this feature. There is little more irritating than listening to an album, especially a musical soundtrack, and having a fraction of a beat disruption to the flow of the music. Ruins the transitions and immersion in the music, and Pandora doesn't have a workaround whereas other services do.

Fume0121
Local Performer

Nope, just got put of a chat with support. I thought I was insane or inept. I vote they put one in. An equalizer is essential for amazing sound!

0 Kudos

Spencerlarimore
Local Performer

How do I play albums front to back without sound breaks between songs?

Can't listen to a Tool or Pink Floyd album properly on this app.  Pandora should offer every album as a one track as well as the individual track.  I've been on here since 2014 and it drives me nuts.  Maybe udate your playlist app and allow us to move an entire album into a playlist.  Maybe I'm missing some kind of trick or even something obvious.  But I swear nothing has changed in the past 9 year's with your playlist app.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Spencerlarimore I moved your post into this existing thread: gapless playbacks/equalizer

While this is not currently a feature, I recommend upvoting this existing feature request with a ❤️ if you'd like to see it added to the service: Crossfade / Gapless Audio Playback

Thanks for being a part of the Community! 

sdneidich
Underground

Adam, the decision to merge this feature request in underscores the problem with Pandora today. Crossfade/Gapless audio has been an open idea requested since at least 2019, and it's been a feature on other platforms for ages. The refusal of Pandora to implement gapless playback completely destroys the ability to enjoy albums as the artists intended, and is the reason I stopped using Pandora years ago. 

And having jumped the fence, I can say with complete certainty that the grass really is greener with Spotify.

Topdjhere
Underground

I would love the option of an equalizer and gapless playback. ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Thanks,
G Lee

Ha2
Local Performer

So is their an equalizer where I can program my tones to my tastes? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ha2 I moved your post into this existing thread: gapless playbacks/equalizer

While this is not currently a feature, I recommend upvoting this existing idea with a ❤️ if you'd like to see it added to the service: Crossfade / Gapless Audio Playback

Hope we continue to see you around the Community! 

0 Kudos