cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa - Pandora won't shuffle

HardcoreTurtle
Local Performer

Im having the same issue. It worked fine until I got a pandora premium account.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi all! Thanks for posting you experience. 

Sounds like there are 2 issues going on here. The first is for people who are asking Alexa to shuffle and Alexa plays something else, such as a station. The second issue is when asking Alexa to shuffle, Alexa responds with 'Playing ABC Quick Mix' or similar response. 

I've created a new thread to address the 'quick mix' response from Alexa here and merged those who appear to be experiencing this: Alexa - When shuffling Alexa says "Playing ABC Quick Mix"

For anyone that may asks Alexa to shuffle and Alexa plays something else, like a station or playlist, check out: Alexa - Pandora won't shuffle

In the meantime, I've passed on this experience along to our engineering teams, as well Amazon support. 

Thanks for your patience while we take a look. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @HardcoreTurtle! Thanks for posting to community. 😄 👋🏻

Can you tell me a little more about what is happening?

• What kind of Alexa device are you using?
  • Are you trying to shuffle stations or a playlist?
  • Do you receive an error message? If so, what does it say?
  • What phrase(s) did you say to Alexa? (Please be as specific as possible.)
    • What was the result?
  • Does Alexa having trouble hearing what you're saying?
    • To view your utterance history report, click this link from a computer and log into your Alexa account. Or from a mobile device launch the Alexa app, tap the Menu icon, select Activity and then More under Pandora activity.

From here you'll be able to view what Alexa thought she heard, as well as listen to a recording of what you said. If she didn't do what you wanted, be sure to let Amazon know by selecting No.

Thanks for the help!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

lgrube
Underground

I am having this issue. I am saying this, "Alexa shuffle pandora stations".  Alexa answers, "Cool Jazz Radio from Pandora". My goal is to have Alexa play a shuffle of my Pandora stations on every device I have connected.  Echo Dot (3rd Gen) - Smart speaker with Alexa - Charcoal and a Echo Dot (3rd Gen) - Smart speaker with clock and Alexa - Sandstone

0 Kudos

lgrube
Underground

I may have solved it. I said, "alexa play pandora shuffle stations everywhere". It seemed to work. I'll try again tonight. 

0 Kudos

mhf
Local Performer

Same problem on all Alexa devices

0 Kudos

Jurinko91
Local Performer

Having the same issue on all my alexa devices. Just started within the last few days. 

0 Kudos

Me13
Local Performer

Same problem on all Amazon devices 

0 Kudos

lgrube
Underground

It works if you say "Alexa, shuffle my Pandora stations on the everywhere group". The "everywhere group" should be selected in your Alexa app. 

lgrube
Underground

Darn. Have you tried contacting Amazon through the Alexa app or through the Amazon chat feature? I find they are great for helping with these issues. Is Pandora enabled in your Alexa app?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi all! Thanks for posting you experience. 

Sounds like there are 2 issues going on here. The first is for people who are asking Alexa to shuffle and Alexa plays something else, such as a station. The second issue is when asking Alexa to shuffle, Alexa responds with 'Playing ABC Quick Mix' or similar response. 

I've created a new thread to address the 'quick mix' response from Alexa here and merged those who appear to be experiencing this: Alexa - When shuffling Alexa says "Playing ABC Quick Mix"

For anyone that may asks Alexa to shuffle and Alexa plays something else, like a station or playlist, check out: Alexa - Pandora won't shuffle

In the meantime, I've passed on this experience along to our engineering teams, as well Amazon support. 

Thanks for your patience while we take a look. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Me13 @Jurinko91 @mhf 

Can you please confirm if you are receiving the 'quick mix' response from Alexa or does Alexa not shuffle when asked?

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @lgrube! Thanks for posting your experience. 

Does Alexa continue to play the wrong content when you ask to shuffle? Does your work around only apply to connected speakers?

Can you try shuffling from one speaker again and let me know if the same thing happens?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

lgrube
Underground

I believe I have it fixed. 

0 Kudos

GUP
Underground

Please let us know how you fixed it.

TKeith
Local Performer

Hi, I'm receiving the quick mix response on both my Echo and Echo Dot. I did not see a solution to this issue in the threads.

0 Kudos

JasonB
Local Performer

Using this phrase worked for me.  Had to say "everywhere group" at the end.  It's strange that sometimes my Amazon Alexa will state she's playing my "playlist" or will just play one of my stations.  Never had this issue until the last few months.

duanebduane
Local Performer

Thanks Igrube! I just tried this and it works! My Pandora stations are shuffling on my three Echo devices.