cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Altice One app - Not Playing Automatically

bloopeanut
Underground

On my Altice One app on my TV, the music used to start playing automatically after I select a channel, and continue without intervention until I stop it or choose something else.  Now, when I start a channel, I see the song information but it doesn't start playing.  I notice that in the slider that usually goes from "0:00" to the length of the song, where it would normally show the song length, I see dashes "--:--".  If I press the pause button and then the play button, the song will play and the dashes will be replaced by the song length, as normal.  However, when it goes to the next song, and each succeeding song, the same behavior happens each time.  This happens no matter which channel I select.  How do we restore the automatic play?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (03/02/2021): Thank you all for your posts and device details.

Our engineering team is working with Altice One on this issue.

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

81 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bloopeanut  This issue is usually specific to the network you're using to access Pandora, or due to an error on the device itself.

First make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

If you're still having the same problem, then please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.
  • Try removing and re-adding the app (if this is possible on your device).

You can also contact the manufacturer directly to troubleshoot your specific device and settings.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

steveg
Local Performer

will no longer play automatically thru Optimum on TV. Works on Android, and PC. Used to work on TV nowI have to click on each song

mod edit: changing title for clarity

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @steveg! Thanks for posting.

I checked your account and it looks like you've also emailed our User Support team. To avoid any confusion or duplicate troubleshooting steps I recommend following up directly with them via their email. 

Thanks again for being part of community! 👍🏻

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

walterg
Local Performer

I am having this same issue described by "bloopeanut" in this thread for 4 days now - Pandora works fine on my desktop but not on the Altice app on any of my 5 TVs.  I called Optimum Cable/Altice One and they said it was Pandora's issue and not theirs.  Optimum gave me the Pandora customer service number to resolve.  

I need help.  how do I fix this???

TannerPandora

Hi @walterg! Thanks for posting to community. 

I see that you've also emailed our User Support team. To avoid any confusion with support, I'm going to let them know that I've followed up with you here on community. 

I'd like to report this issue to our engineers for further investigation. I'll be updating this thread as updates are made available to me. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Aloha105
Underground

I am also having the same issue.  Noticed it on Tuesday and still having problem this morning.  Also was told by Suddenlink/Altice One that it was a Pandora problem.  Any update on a solution?

TannerPandora

Hi @Aloha105! Thanks for posting your experience. 

I checked in and our engineers are still investigating this. However, I'll be making updates in this thread as they are made available to me. 

In the meantime, I've added your report to our ticket. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Mlou613
Underground

I am having same problem on both tvs with the pandora app just started last week. Cant play continously have to select two times for next song to play ! Altice one says it is pandora problem... please help!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Mlou613. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble listening. We have received other reports about a similar issue. To keep the community space organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Altice One app - Not Playing Automatically

I'd like to report your experience over to our engineering team.

• What is the make and model of your TV devices?
  • Have any error messages popped up? If so, what exactly does it say?

Let me know, and I can follow up with you. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

Mlou613
Underground

Alyssa thank you for your quick response!

They are both Samsung tvs ( not smart tvs and are at least 5 years old.)

They have been working fine for about 10 months since i moved and installed altice one.

As of a few weeks ago it stopped advancing when playing any stations on pandora app.

Altice one has the pandora app on there box along with a few others like netflix.

I listen on echo dot no problem, my phone,  lap top no problem,  or in my car no problem.

So not sure how to remedy this problem.

Are you thinking it is an issue with the altice interface. I have tried rebooting to no avail.

Regards,

Mlou613

mod edit: removed personal info

0 Kudos

Mlou613
Underground

Alyssa: also no error pop ups! 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mlou613 Thanks so much for the follow up. I completely understand how frustrating this must be.

In the meantime, our engineering team is currently investigating this issue. We have an internal ticket open and I've shared your report/experience with our engineers. 

We appreciate your patience while they work on this! 🎧

0 Kudos

mel188881
Local Performer

You can add my name to the problem. I have a Samsung smart tv, fairly new (within the last year).

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mel188881 I have added your info the ticket we have open with our engineering team as well.

Thanks for all your patience with this as they continue to investigate. 🔎

0 Kudos

Bmastur
Local Performer

Hey was a fix ever found for this? 

0 Kudos

JLynne77
Underground

I'm wondering the same because I'm also having this issue. I'm using the Altice One on an older Samsung TV (not a smart TV) with Optimum.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Bmastur and @JLynne77! Thanks for posting your experience. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. 

We are aware of this issue and are engineers are continuing to investigate the cause. I've added your info to our ticket. 

I'll be making updates in this thread as they are made available to me. 

Thank you for your patience in the meantime. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

IssuesInNJ
Local Performer

same issue 

0 Kudos

mccart36
Local Performer

Same here! Been happening for about a week now. Any updates on this?

0 Kudos