cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Altice One app - Not Playing Automatically

bloopeanut
Underground

On my Altice One app on my TV, the music used to start playing automatically after I select a channel, and continue without intervention until I stop it or choose something else.  Now, when I start a channel, I see the song information but it doesn't start playing.  I notice that in the slider that usually goes from "0:00" to the length of the song, where it would normally show the song length, I see dashes "--:--".  If I press the pause button and then the play button, the song will play and the dashes will be replaced by the song length, as normal.  However, when it goes to the next song, and each succeeding song, the same behavior happens each time.  This happens no matter which channel I select.  How do we restore the automatic play?

Labels (1)
81 Replies

EB_NY
Local Performer

We are also having the same issue .. I can replicate it on my desktop with Chrome, but there is no problem when using Edge.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@EB_NY To clarify, are you also running into this issue with the Altice One app?

Or is this only happening on your computer?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@IssuesInNJ @mccart36 I have added your feedback to the ticket we currently have open with our engineering team.

Thanks for your patience as they continue to look into this. 

0 Kudos

EB_NY
Local Performer

It happens with the Altice One APP, AND with Chome on my desktop.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @EB_NY! Thanks for the follow up. I've added you info to our ticket. Just one more clarifying question, is the Altice-One App on your TV or another device like a tablet?

In the meantime, I’ve enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what’s happening. Can you please try the following network troubleshooting:

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

Thanks for your help. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Craftt107
Local Performer

You can add me to the list. This has been going on since October for me and I saw this thread before never expecting it to take this long to fix. 

Ashleycoico
Local Performer

I am having the same issue!

0 Kudos

Dane2277
Local Performer

Have the same problem. Rebooting the Altice box doesn’t help. Altice rep says that this is not their issue and the signal is fine. Works fine on tablet and phone. Add me to the email with the solution. 

Mlou613
Underground

I have not heard back form anyone concerning this  auto play of pandora on the altice app on the tvs in my home.

I see plenty of others having the same problem with Altice connection. have the engineers come up with anything ? It always worked in the past, so it is frustrating?

I have rebooted several times no help. I have logged on and off pandora no help. I do not know how would take the app off of altice on and put back on as it comes already pre-programed.

As for now i just do not use it unless on phone or car or laptop.

Please up date me if there is one.

Thanks Mlou613

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos

Sdaley
Local Performer

Same issue same tv.  Been happening for months with zero solution 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sdaley Your feedback has been added to the ticket we have open with our engineering team as well.

We appreciate your patience as they continue to look into this.

0 Kudos

Jem9075
Local Performer

Same issue on the altice app. Very annoying. I no longer use the app because of this. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

I definitely understand your frustration, @Jem9075.

Your feedback has now been added to the ticket we have open with our engineering team.

Thanks for all your patience as they work to find a fix. 🛠

0 Kudos

ians2zuka
Local Performer

Same issue here with the Altice Pandora app. I have Vizio smart tv's with Pandora factory installed from vizio (not the altice pandora app) some tv's are wifi, some are ethernet connected. The vizio pandora app plays fine on all my tv's. when i close Vizio's pandora and open pandora through altice i get the same issue as others. definitely an altice issue

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @ians2zuka. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about your experience, and sorry for the continued trouble.

I've shared your feedback with our engineering team. We appreciate your patience while they investigate this issue. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

doct11787
Local Performer

I am having the same issue !!!  Ridiculous how this has been for months.  I want a refund of my premium subscription until you resolve this issue.  It plays fine off of my phone and in my car but have not been able to hear it on my home surround sound

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@doct11787 I definitely understand your frustration.

I went ahead and added your feedback to the ticket we currently have open with the engineers who are looking into this.

In the meantime, to request a refund for your subscription through Apple, please follow these steps from a computer or mobile device:

1. Visit this link.
  2. Select Billing and Subscriptions and then Subscriptions & Purchases.
  3. Select Request a Refund twice.
  4. Sign into the Apple ID account that was billed. You may have to complete a two-factor authorization to continue.
  5. Once you're logged in, find Pandora on the list and select Report.
  6. Choose I'd like to request a refund from the list, and hit Select.

For additional help with your purchase, go to Subscriptions and Purchases Support.

Even though it is Apple's policy not to issue refunds for subscriptions you've purchased through Apple, they will make an exception in certain cases. They should reply to your request within 24 hours.

I hope this is helpful.

0 Kudos

haschiller46
Local Performer

Pandora and Altice 1 - No longer have continuous play

I no longer have continuous play on Pandora on both my Samsung and Sharp TV's. Neither tv is a smart tv. House is wireless with no ethernet cables. It was working fine until recently. I see that others are having the same problem. Pandora works fine on my Samsung phone and on my Dell laptop. I see others on the forum have the same problem. Have your engineers come up with a resolution? Thanks.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@haschiller46 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Altice One app - Not Playing Automatically

Our engineers are aware of this issue and are currently looking into it.

In the meantime, I've added your feedback to the ticket we currently have open with them.

Thanks for all your patience as they work to find a fix. 🛠

0 Kudos

Craftt107
Local Performer

Still not working, I guess Pandora is still working on the problem? I have rebooted my Altice box, uninstalled and reinstalled the app. It simply doesn't play. It opens and shows a song loaded, but then nothing. 

0 Kudos