cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Alexa: Linked account shows as unlinked

Jefflmck
Underground

My Pandora stations no longer appear in the Alexa app. It says the skill needs enabled but it already is. I tried unlinking and relinking and unabling and enabling but that didn't help. Also uninstalled and reinstalled Alexa and Pandora apps. Alexa will play my stations when given the voice command, the stations just don't show in the app. It worked fine for years so something must have happened with a recent update. 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

nicocizik
Local Performer

Same problem. It has to do with the “personalized skill” feature added for Alexa. Disabling that feature solves the problem. Hope this helps. https://www.amazonforum.com/s/question/0D56Q0000AQBWiLSQX/how-can-i-fix-the-pandora-skill

View solution in original post

42 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jefflmck I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more.

This issue is usually specific to the network you're using to access Pandora, so let's start by rebooting your modem and router.

If you're still having the same problem, then please try the following steps:

1. Check to see if there are any updates available for your Alexa and Pandora apps. Update both as necessary.
  2. Restart your Alexa device by unplugging the power source and plugging it back in.
  3. Try unlinking and relinking your Pandora account via the Alexa app.

Let me know if this helps.

Jefflmck
Underground

Thanks for the reply. Nothing helped, the problem is still there. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for trying that out, @Jefflmck.

Can you please send us a screenshot of that error message you're seeing as well?

(Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

Thanks again for the help!

0 Kudos

Jefflmck
Underground

Screenshot_2022-11-05-23-24-47-52_141309a7379982865806771bd175c1f6[1].jpg

It shows this but the skill is actually enabled. It shows the recently played Pandora stations. But I am not able to browse my stations.

Jefflmck
Underground

Did the trace find anything? Do you have any suggestions on how to fix this? 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Jefflmck! Thanks for the screenshots.

Since this appears to be happening within the Amazon app, I don't have any further troubleshooting steps to provide. However, I've passed this along to our engineering team for further investigation.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

evergreenlily89
Underground

I have had the same problem, and have followed all the steps you listed above, and none of it works. I've checked for updates, unlinked and relinked, uninstalled and reinstalled, then linked again...none of it works. 

I have this same problem. I hope they fix this soon!

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

skibunny
Underground

I have the same problem.  Where is the resolution to this problem.  I haven't been able to use my pandora via Alexa app for weeks now.  This is inexcusable that a resolution has not been posted by now.  

Anyone else notice in their Alexa App, the Pandora skill says it needs to be updated but there is no option to update?  My Alexa App, Pandora App, Google Play Store App, and Phone software is all updated.  I think it's an issue with the "Pandora Skill" not being able to update.  The "Pandora Skill" is broken.  Where is the Alexa and Pandora engineer team on this?  Did they even bother to look at the skill itself?  

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

Jefflmck
Underground

I agree. They should fix this soon. I haven't got any confirmation that anyone is even looking at it yet. Check out the reviews for the Pandora skill. There are a whole bunch of people with this issue. 

Vinc2
Local Performer

Unable to browse Pandora stations within the Alexa android application. I am linked and can play any Pandora station by voice. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Alexa app. Linked and unlinked Pandora account. On the entertainment screen within Alexa, it says Pandora skill is not enabled even though it is enabled. The recently played songs are shown from Pandora but unable to browse my Pandora stations. This just started happening within the last two months. 

0 Kudos

Red11light
Local Performer

User with the same problem. It's unfortunate b/c I just updated the entire house and now have 10+ dots though out the house. (Thinking a different sound system was the better play.) Not that it helps but I noticed the problem around that same time that Amazon Music changed. Not sure but it could be a way to try and push Pandora out of there platform slowly. At least something to consider with the timing of all the recent issues.

0 Kudos

FroznFire
Local Performer

I have enabled the pandora skill and linked it via the pandora mobile app (iOS), but it still shows as not linked. I had done this in the past and it was never an issue, but now it won’t work.

I can successfully yell at Alexa and she will play what I ask, but I want to be able to control from my phone.

0 Kudos

Jefflmck
Underground

Pandora: Please let us know whether or not someone is working to fix this and when we can expect a solution. Those is this thread are not the only ones with the problem. Look at the comments under the Pandora skill, many others have the same issue. 

0 Kudos

Lee_Frank
Local Performer

I also have the same problem.

0 Kudos

Gar
Underground

A funny story. I had one station that wouldn't play via voice, but I could play via the app.

I would say, "Alexa play my Gar Station on Pandora" and she would say, "there is no Gar Station on Pandora". So then, I would open the app and click "Gar Station" and she would play it.

I thought to myself, "Ok, I'll just disable and re-link the app in Alexa". So, I did.

Now she won't play via voice and the app has the infamous "skill not enabled". But, I know it is enabled because I can tell her to "shuffle all my stations" and it works just fine. Now, the Alexa app is useless. 😞

Hopefully someone is working on this.

0 Kudos

Winelion
Local Performer

I have the same issue. The skill shows enabled, but the app says it's not. I've tried all the suggested fixescand still have an issue. This is across all my devices- iphone, ipad, Kindle fire, etc. Definitely an app issue. 

Vinc2
Local Performer

I'm sure Amazon Echo (Alexa) is crippling the Pandora skill on purpose to get users to use their "Amazon Music" application. (Trying to improve their numbers before the end of the year).

0 Kudos

PE3
Local Performer

Same issue for months. Would be great to get a solution soon. If not, my solution will involve a different music service, which I would prefer not to do. 

0 Kudos

Lobotagle
Local Performer

I hate that these so called "Engineers" don't care and never look into these issues. I've been having this same issue with Pandora and Spotify.

Pandora app cannot cast to echo devices from the app itself is also an issue. It's very frustrating. Paying for a service and not being able to use it fully. 

0 Kudos