cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DirecTV: No Sound

Franknovak
Local Performer

pandora goes thru all of the motions off playing but no audio on directtv stream

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

RWC
Local Performer

Figured it out! In Direct TV menu go to SETTINGS (icon of a gear). Press that gear. Go to AUDIO. Then choose STEREO or SURROUND SOUND, based on which one you have. Somehow, mine changed from STEREO to SURROUND SOUND. I reset it back to STEREO and it worked! Got my sound back on Pandora and You Tube also. This was a TV settings issue, not an app issue. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Franknovak! Welcome to community.

Checking the account associated with your community profile I don't see a DirecTV receiver associated. It sounds like the Pandora app may be located directly on the TV.

Can you let me know the make and model of your TV?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

RWC
Local Performer

Having same exact issue on Samsung TV 55”. Was fine for weeks, but no sounds, just everything else.

help! (email)

Moderator Edit: Personal Information

0 Kudos

RWC
Local Performer

Figured it out! In Direct TV menu go to SETTINGS (icon of a gear). Press that gear. Go to AUDIO. Then choose STEREO or SURROUND SOUND, based on which one you have. Somehow, mine changed from STEREO to SURROUND SOUND. I reset it back to STEREO and it worked! Got my sound back on Pandora and You Tube also. This was a TV settings issue, not an app issue. 

Janesca54
Local Performer

Doesn’t work. Tried switching to stereo, still no sound. 

0 Kudos

Ldavidal
Local Performer
  1. THE FINAL ANSWER. I have 2 Geminis. Pandora worked fine on one, but no sound on the other. I deleted the Pandora app. (https://www.directv.com/support/article/000091427) When deletion completed, it automatically reinstalled. SOUND!