cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DirecTV: No Sound

Franknovak
Local Performer

pandora goes thru all of the motions off playing but no audio on directtv stream

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

RWC
Underground

Figured it out! In Direct TV menu go to SETTINGS (icon of a gear). Press that gear. Go to AUDIO. Then choose STEREO or SURROUND SOUND, based on which one you have. Somehow, mine changed from STEREO to SURROUND SOUND. I reset it back to STEREO and it worked! Got my sound back on Pandora and You Tube also. This was a TV settings issue, not an app issue. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Franknovak! Welcome to community.

Checking the account associated with your community profile I don't see a DirecTV receiver associated. It sounds like the Pandora app may be located directly on the TV.

Can you let me know the make and model of your TV?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

RWC
Underground

Having same exact issue on Samsung TV 55”. Was fine for weeks, but no sounds, just everything else.

help! (email)

Moderator Edit: Personal Information

0 Kudos

RWC
Underground

Figured it out! In Direct TV menu go to SETTINGS (icon of a gear). Press that gear. Go to AUDIO. Then choose STEREO or SURROUND SOUND, based on which one you have. Somehow, mine changed from STEREO to SURROUND SOUND. I reset it back to STEREO and it worked! Got my sound back on Pandora and You Tube also. This was a TV settings issue, not an app issue. 

Janesca54
Local Performer

Doesn’t work. Tried switching to stereo, still no sound. 

0 Kudos

Ldavidal
Local Performer
  1. THE FINAL ANSWER. I have 2 Geminis. Pandora worked fine on one, but no sound on the other. I deleted the Pandora app. (https://www.directv.com/support/article/000091427) When deletion completed, it automatically reinstalled. SOUND!

RWC
Underground

Unfortunately, Direct TV has changed their settings and the above fix no longer works.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@RWC I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

If you have any additional questions, please make sure to reply back directly to the email they sent you, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos