cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fire Devices: Slow response or freezes

zymurgypg
Underground

Hello,

Starting 7/4/23 the Pandora app on the Fire TV experiencing slow updates and delayed input. The music plays without an issue. When songs change onto the next the screen updates in about 4-5 seconds. Inputs are delayed the same amount of time. For instance, when you move left or right to choose next or thumbs up the screen is delayed 5 seconds before it updates. The functionality happens normally, though. Once you move, even though the screen hasn't updated, it accepts input on the control you are "on".

No other apps on the tv experience this issue. 

Any ideas? Thanks.

Labels (1)
119 Replies

zymurgypg
Underground

Hello,

I am the original poster and appreciate the update as to what is going on in the status. I am concerned that a solution has been tagged on an ongoing open issue. My concern is that it will dissuade others from sharing their experience, but more importantly their device information. 

Not once during the reports has anyone from Pandora asked others to share their device information such as type or software release numbers for the OS in use? I would think this would be important information to gather to help ascertain a possible cause of the issue. You have a group of customers who have taken the time to let you know about the issue and a subset who are willing to provide any information needed to help Pandora find a solution. 

Will there be ongoing updates as to the status of troubleshooting or should we consider this an issue that will be fixed when one day it works?

Thanks for your time. 

TannerPandora

Hi @zymurgypg 

Thanks for the follow up. I understand your concerns and I'm happy to edit our update. It's not our intention to dissuade any listener from posting if they are experiencing this issue with Fire TV devices. All listeners who post to the thread are added to our ticket with any relevant information. While at this time we are not seeking any specific information from listeners, if this changes we will follow up as necessary. Additionally, any updates that are given to the moderation team from engineering will be relayed in the thread with an update. Hope this helps to explain.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Tjdarnell
Underground

Just bought new fire cube and same problem. Let's just call it as it is. Amazon wants you to use their inferior Amazon Music product. Pandora has introduced me to so many great artists based on my tastes. Amazon can't figure out not to play my Christmas songs in July.

seanpcoll
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue. I have two 4k Firestick Max's and both do it. Rebooting seems to help temporarily. I just got the second and with a clean pandora install only it still does it after like the 4 or 5 song. It's almost like a memory hole issue where it just keeps either starting new processes or using more and more memory till it hits some limit and lags when it cant get more cause it can not release what it already used.

seanpcoll
Local Performer

Sudden thought that might apply....since it remembers the album artwork and has that repeat function for previously played songs could the issue be related to that? The longer it plays, the more songs it has to remember to be able to scroll back so it increases the memory required until device limit is reached. It would also explain why clearing the cache will help temporarily. You are forcing it to purge the backlog of already played songs.

0 Kudos

HamHox
Underground

I've had the same results as others with clearing the cache and app data on the Firestick. It helps for a few minutes then reverts back to the delay issue. I'm not ready to give up Pandora just yet, but this is frustrating to the point I'm looking at other options. We listen to Pandora around 6-8 hours a day in our household. I'm hoping a fix is coming soon. 

Tjdarnell
Underground
I'll give up amazon before pandora

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Get Outlook for Android<>
0 Kudos

1992BJM3
Local Performer

Same thing is happening to my Firestick. Pandora lags and has a big delay when trying to navigate to a new station or anything with pandora. Very frustrating because I use it at work and when I need a change of tempo or mood it takes a while to get where I want it because of the lag. Hope a fix comes soon

0 Kudos

ajnast
Local Performer

+1 I've been experiencing this as well. Only posting now to be added to the list.

0 Kudos

Local Performer

I’m also experiencing this exact issue on a different Fire TVs.  It happened while at old provider location and equipment.  Moved to new provider and equipment and yet it happens.

When my Fire TV service updated, it changed the playback on Pandora while Amazon music playback remains fine.  

Something broke in Pandora response time for sure and hope they fix it soon.

Always “listen to the music”.

0 Kudos

KeepItFree
Local Performer

I have several hardware versions of the firestick and this seems to only affect Fire TV Stick 4k Max that I know of. All my previous versions including earlier 4k are fine and all are up to date.

RajinSenretsu
Local Performer

I'm having this same issue on the Fire box. restarting the box seems to fix it for an indeterminate ammount of time.

0 Kudos

wolfy167
Local Performer

Things seem to have improved over the last week on my Omnifire TV. I haven't had any problems with sluggish response lately.

0 Kudos

Tjdarnell
Underground
I still have issues with skipping songs or thumbs up/ down. If its just playing it's usually fine

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Get Outlook for Android<>
0 Kudos

Dmmitchem
Underground

I’m seeing a few people commenting that they are seeing some improvement. I’m not seeing any at all on any fire sticks or my 4k fire stick. I have to be ready to go to whatever station, playlist etc. at the time I turn Pandora on. It works well for about a minute and then it goes back to lagging. Quite frustrating!

jvidmar
Underground

I tried my other 4k Fire Stick (non Max) and it had the same delay issues as the 4k Max

rgb3rd
Local Performer

I’m having this exact issue as well on the fire stick 
 I have tried uninstalling then reinstalling the app and it still lags

0 Kudos

diverminh
Underground

Same problem on Fire Stick attached to TLT tv. Was working fine for 2years until 07/2023

None of the suggestions works: reinstall/clear cache/clear data/reboot stick via power down/up.

Everything else is working fine: YouTube/Netflix/freeve/tubi/Kanopy

LH5
Local Performer

Same. So slow and delayed. Clear cache, clear data, uninstall works for like 30 seconds then slow again. Been happening for over a month now. 

zymurgypg
Underground

No. The latest from Pandora support was they are aware of the issue and are looking into it. There was confirmation the Pandora app wasn't updated. It doesn't appear there will be ongoing updates to their efforts; when it is fixed it will just work one day.