cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fire Devices: Slow response or freezes

zymurgypg
Underground

Hello,

Starting 7/4/23 the Pandora app on the Fire TV experiencing slow updates and delayed input. The music plays without an issue. When songs change onto the next the screen updates in about 4-5 seconds. Inputs are delayed the same amount of time. For instance, when you move left or right to choose next or thumbs up the screen is delayed 5 seconds before it updates. The functionality happens normally, though. Once you move, even though the screen hasn't updated, it accepts input on the control you are "on".

No other apps on the tv experience this issue. 

Any ideas? Thanks.

Labels (1)
119 Replies

wolfy167
Local Performer

Same problem here with my Omnifire TV. The behavior is nearly impossible to deal with, especially when I want to thumbs down something that is playing, or when I need to stop to take a phone call or for some other reason. I hope this gets fixed soon. It's been happening for more than a week.

0 Kudos

jsettecase
Opening Act

Yes, my Firestick started doing this recently. All other apps buttons respond immediately so its just a Pandora issue. I have tried clearing the cache, restarting and rebooting the Firestick. I thought Rebooting had solved it but with each button press, the delay creeps back in. This is VERY frustrating. There must have been a recent update to Pandora that screwed this up.

0 Kudos

Dmmitchem
Underground

We’ve been having the exact same issue. We have also tried every troubleshooting method mentioned. Nothing works. It is quite aggravating.

Hopefully Pandora will figure out a fix for this. With so many affected, it has to be the app. 
Other music streaming sources are looking pretty good right now! I don’t enjoy paying for media that doesn’t work properly!

G2K
Underground

Going on a month now and just crickets, I use pandora everyday and as people have said the issue is only on firestick. Would like to hear something is being done. Please 

zymurgypg
Underground

@G2K wrote:

Going on a month now and just crickets, I use pandora everyday and as people have said the issue is only on firestick. Would like to hear something is being done. Please 

I am the original poster. To clarify, it isn't only happening on the firestick, but also Fire TVs. Just wanted to make sure people finding this thread understand it affects more than 1 platform. My best guess is an app update from Pandora or a system update to the Fire ecosystem caused the issue. 

I, too, would like an update concerning the status of the technical team looking into the issue. 

jvidmar
Underground

I guess they can’t spot the issue or identify the cause?

Moderator Edit: Format

inline_phil
Underground

Same issue here, same length of time experiencing it, same attempts to resolve it, same REALLY long delays between remote control button pushes, same attempts to reset and reinstall with same [zero] results. Love Pandora, can't wait until the fix is rolled out.

Scott571
Local Performer

I've had this problem with Pandora on both of my TVs for quite a while. I tried to fix it with every suggestion in this thread, but nothing worked. I finally fixed it by switching to Spotify. 

inline_phil
Underground
Yes, that's one option and BTW I read your embedded hint in your earlier
response. However, my wife prefers the Pandora presentation plus we're
premium members streaming 16-44. I'd prefer to move to Qobuz for it's truly
higher res offering but despite numerous side-load attempts, I have not
been able to make it work. Their display driver thinks it's an Android cell
phone and creates a portrait version. Then the Fire TV Cube stretches that
version into landscape. It's not pretty. Tried the Amazon music High Res
and abandoned it after 2 days on the free trial. My wife hated it. Love the
cube.
0 Kudos

DPBrungo
Local Performer

We have the same issue. We tried all recommended steps -- didn't work.  Uninstalled and reinstalled, signed out then back in -- nothing worked.  It's really annoying and our delays can be up to 8-10 seconds when navigating in Pandora now with our Fire Cube.

0 Kudos

jvidmar
Underground

Looks like the Moderator just edited my post to remove the hint. Too bad they can’t get the issue fixed or provide a reasonable timeframe for the resolution.

0 Kudos

jam19
Local Performer

I am having the same lag/delay issue with Pandora on Fire TV. I have tried all the above options and works for first 30-seconds and lag always returns. Driving us crazy at work.....Please find a fix....Thanks

0 Kudos

TheSysEng
Underground

Come on Pandora.  Get your **ahem** together and fix this **ahem** problem.

0 Kudos

TheSysEng
Underground

I'm gone.  Cancelled my subscription.  You guys have taken too long to solve this.  Its apparent you do not want to support fireTVsticks or other streaming devices.

lori6268
Local Performer

Glad (?) to know I’m not the only one experiencing the same navigation problems on Pandora! I’ve done all the steps mentioned to try and fix it, but nothing. Not gonna complain too much cause at least it plays my music! Hopefully an update fixes it! 😀😀

0 Kudos

zippyshoe
Underground

I have also been experiencing this issue on an Amazon Firestick for the past few weeks when navigating. I also noticed that the small graphic to the right of the "My Station" text no longer "bounces" to the music like it did previously.

0 Kudos

Dunford
Local Performer

I've been with Pandora I'm guessing around ten years, and have my lists and preferences where i like them, and don't want to switch to spotify. BUT this seems to be a good example of we're so big we don't care. The last moderator comment was 7/14, and I read it as "we'll get around to it, keep sending money though."  I see you're editing posts, 7/25, so even more "yeah yeah, keep sending money." 

Hey, no more sending money, don't worry about fixing mine

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

BillStinkwater
Local Performer

Fix this!

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos

G2K
Underground

So just curious to see if this is happening everywhere I am in Texas. Sad that so many of us have been long time users and not a peep to let us know something is being done. Customer service is a thing of the past. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Pandora Update: 11/16/2023

Note: This message has been accepted as the Solution to flag the current status of this thread. This post will be updated with more information as it is provided to the moderation team.

The community team would like to thank everyone who has shared on this thread. We understand how frustrating this experience can be and we appreciate your continued patience.

Our engineering teams have been investigating this matter with the help of the Amazon team. Unfortunately, there are no new updates to share at this time. Our team continues to work diligently on this matter.

The community team will continue to keep you informed of any developments as they are shared with us.

Thank you for your continued support and understanding.

Pandora Update: 8/10/2023

Note: This message has been accepted as the Solution to flag the current status of this thread. This post will be updated with more information as it is provided to the moderation team.

Hello!

Thank you all for posting your experience with slowness on your Fire TV Devices. We understand that this is a frustrating issue and we are currently investigating.

While our teams have some theories as to what may be happening, the cause is still be investigating as there have been no changes to the Pandora app on Fire TV from our end. As a result, they have reached out to Amazon for further assistance in their efforts to determine what may be happening.

If you're new to this thread and have been experiencing this issue with Fire TV devices, feel free to post on this thread. Your information will be added to our internal ticket. All other listeners who have previously posted have already been added.

Thank you for your continued patience while this is being looked into.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport