cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Devices: Requesting content plays songs in different languages

Cind20
Local Performer

When I ask my Google Hub to play Encanto on Pandora is plays EVERY Encanto version EXCEPT the action original movie version, I have cancelled my subscription and will be moving to spotify until this is fixed. I don't understand why it would play Mandarin Encanto, I have NEVER listened to anything in Mandarin or in that genre.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
12 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Cind20. 👋

Thanks for reporting this issue.

Could you provide the exact voice command you're using when this happens?

Let me know as I'd like to share this with our engineering team. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Cind20
Local Performer

Hey Google, play 'We Don't Talk About Bruno' on Pandora.

Or

Hey Google, play The Encanto soundtrack on Pandora.

Or

Hey Google, play 'Waiting on a Miracle' on Pandora.

Or 

Hey Google, play 'We don't talk about Bruno' in English on Pandora.

Or

Hey Google, play Encanto in English on Pandora.

The only English version Encanto song I can get to play is Surface Pressure...I fear that will take a turn soon...

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Appreciate you providing that information, @Cind20. It's helpful as we investigate what may be happening. I've gone ahead and passed this along to our engineering team for review. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Afail77
Local Performer

Hi, my toddler DEMANDS baby shark several times a day. When I say "OK Google, play baby shark on pandora" a non-English version of the song plays. Is there a way to play the English version? 

I promise this is a legitimate question and not a joke post. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Afail77! Thanks for posting! Baby shark is the jam, so I don't blame your toddler for wanting to hear it. 😉

I merged your post with an existing thread that is very similar: Google Devices - Requesting content plays songs in different languages

I've passed your experience on to our engineering team who is investigating. Unfortunately, I don't have any troubleshooting steps at this time. In the meantime, you should be able to cast Pandora to your Google device in order to play tracks. 

TannerPandora_0-1643826670865.gif

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

EmanEkaf
Local Performer

Same thing happens with all of the Moana songs. I ask google “play the Moana soundtrack” or “play shiny from Moana” and it is always played in a different language. Only way to get the correct one to play is by casting it from my phone. 

Same here, everytime my toddler wants to listen to the Moana soundtrack it plays all the songs in some weird language. We used to be able to get around it by asking it to play “Shiny from Moana “ but even now when we ask for that song in specific it will play it in a different language. Only way to get around this is to open the pandora app from a device instead of asking google home. This is very frustrating. 

This is the track that is played when we ask for “shiny from Moana”

https://pandora.app.link/KKUY96BSSqb

These are the albums that keeps playing when we ask for the Moana soundtrack  

https://pandora.app.link/ae4UUGGSSqb

https://pandora.app.link/VPZOPeKSSqb

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@EmanEkaf I've passed your experience on to our engineering team so they can further investigate.

Unfortunately, I don't have any troubleshooting steps at this time. In the meantime, you should be able to do as you mentioned, and cast Pandora to your Google device in order to play tracks. 

0 Kudos

EMartin92
Local Performer

Do we have any resolution on this topic? This issue does not seem to be limited to children's music. I experienced it today. I used the command "hey Google, play Kiss Me by Sixpence None The Richer on Pandora" and got a weird Japanese version. I've been having similar issues since setting up my Google assistant a couple months ago. It keeps playing weird live versions or remixes, almost never the most popular version of a song. Only time I get what I'm asking for is if no other version exists, and even then it's iffy. 

0 Kudos

Gjskakcirijr
Local Performer

Same thing.encanto plays in Hindi, and other songs I ask for play Acapella version or just some other random quirk that no body would ever listen to. And there is no option to thumbs down it to try and fix it. So lame.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

HI @Gjskakcirijr

I'm happy to report any tracks that may be playing incorrectly to our engineering team.

Can you clarify if you were using voice commands to request a song on a Google Home device or are you casting from your mobile device to a Google home device?

If you were using voice commands can you let me know the exact command you used to request the song, along with the name of the song.

Keep in mind that thumbs are only available on stations and not available for on-demand content such as playlists, albums, or songs.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Vmac
Local Performer

Just to let you know Pandora is way better than Spotify I used Spotify and was a premium customer I let my subscription run out and now I'm on Pandora and I believe you'll find out if you use Spotify

0 Kudos

filmmaker1999
Local Performer

Hello,

I came here today to investigate a similar problem.  When I voice request a specific song on my google home mini ("Hey Google, play Alexander Hamilton from the Hamilton soundtrack") I get an instrumental version.  This happens all the time with my voice requests on google home mini.  I may get the song I asked for, but some weird, non-standard version (live, instrumental, another language, etc.) It's almost as if the algorithm has been tweaked to play the non-standard version (to save money, perhaps?)  If it doesn't get more responsive I may drop my premium subscription.

0 Kudos