cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In-Home Devices - Still hearing ads

andygee302
Underground

I subscribe to SiriusXM and pandora and getting commercials. Why is this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @andygee302 thanks for posting to community!

We don't provide support for SiriusXM accounts, subscriptions or devices. You'll need to contact their support team for help.

You can find their contact information here.

++

For your Pandora account, could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model?
  3. Could you confirm that's the account you are logged in with? I see the email used for community is currently upgraded.
  4. Can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are seeing? Is it for a specific brand or artist? Are you hearing them while listening to podcasts?

*Keep in mind, if you're requesting to listen to a specific artist or band, you may be triggering an advertisement to listen to on-demand content. On-demand content is a feature of Premium only, not Plus. 

Let me know! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @andygee302 thanks for posting to community!

We don't provide support for SiriusXM accounts, subscriptions or devices. You'll need to contact their support team for help.

You can find their contact information here.

++

For your Pandora account, could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model?
  3. Could you confirm that's the account you are logged in with? I see the email used for community is currently upgraded.
  4. Can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are seeing? Is it for a specific brand or artist? Are you hearing them while listening to podcasts?

*Keep in mind, if you're requesting to listen to a specific artist or band, you may be triggering an advertisement to listen to on-demand content. On-demand content is a feature of Premium only, not Plus. 

Let me know! 🎧

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

andygee302
Underground

Listening on Alexa using Pandora. 
(Email)

mod edit: personal information

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@andygee302 Can you tell me a bit more about the advertising? Is it for a specific brand or artist? Are you hearing them while listening to podcasts?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Annlobdell
Local Performer

I use a MacBook Pro to access my Pandora account through my SONOS system.  After a few songs, a commercial radio ad plays.  I have used Pandora for years and this is the first time this has happened.  Can you help me please?   

0 Kudos

Annlobdell
Local Performer

Frankly I haven't paid attention.  I don't think it is for a specific brand, just a regular radio commercial.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Annlobdell! Thanks for posting. 

I checked your account and I see that you've connected your Sonos to Pandora recently and that you're upgraded to a 60-day trial of Pandora Premium. 

Can you let me know which station you are hearing ads on? When you say regular radio commercial, do you mean, it's an announcement from an artist or a product being sold?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

belvacook
Local Performer

It appears ya may have me listed under two emails.  I just logged in under [Email] 

and changed my password.  I think you also have an account under [Email] ? I need an (800) to call for help tomorrow.  I want pandora music and am paying for no commercials but in the car I keep hearing commercials very agravating.

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Information

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @belvacook! Thanks for posting to community. 

I checked the emails you provided and it looks like you have two Pandora accounts under two different email addresses. 

However, neither account is upgraded to a paid subscription at this time. We don't offer phone support, but I have escalated  this to our User Support team to further help. They will be responding to you via the email associated with your community profile. 

Please be on the look out for their reply.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

MusicFan0283
Local Performer

I am currently listening on HP PC, but this still happens when I listen on google nest, bose blue tooth ect....

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @MusicFan0283! Welcome to community. 

I checked the email address associated with your community profile. It's currently not upgraded to a paid subscription of Pandora. 

Have you recently upgraded your Pandora account or is it possible you have another account under a different email? 

If you believe so, I can follow up with you in a private message to gather more details. Please avoid posting personal information (like email addresses) in the public spaces on community. 

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

sshaw
Local Performer

I pay 14.99 a month and still get commercials

Used not to.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sshaw The account connected to your Community profile appeared to have been upgraded to an individual Pandora Premium account at the $9.99 (plus tax) monthly rate - not the $14.99 rate.

It looks like we were not able to automatically renew your Pandora subscription, so the subscription expired. For more information, please contact your bank or credit card company. 

This being said, it sounds like you may have also been paying $14.99/month as well? If that is the case, then you may have a second account registered under a different email address that is also upgraded.

I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos