cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonos - Unable to add Pandora

Sam8311
Underground

Hi, I just upgraded my system and am having trouble adding my Pandora account to the ”new” Sonos app.

When I click on “Connect to Pandora”, I get a new screen/button that says “Authorize”, which I click and opens up a Pandora webpage asking for an activation code (as if I was adding Pandora to a smart TV).   

Anyone know the fix? I found a similar issue here from 2020 but they claim Pandora fixed it. 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Sam8311! Thanks for posting your experience.

I've passed this along to our engineering team for further investigation. I checked in with Sonos and they are currently investigating as well. You can check the status on the Sonos web page here.

In the meantime, please use the steps outlined here to submit a diagnostic to Sonos.

I'll add updates to this thread when they are made available to me.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

ENieman
Local Performer

How about when adding pandora to a sonos system with existing pandora account?

The first step of 3 is enter activation code that doesn't appear anywhere. I understand the creating new account will show a code but logging with a existing account is no bueno.

Please and Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @ENieman. 👋

Thanks so much for reporting this. I moved your post over to this existing thread: Sonos - Unable to add Pandora

Please check out @TannerPandora's message about this issue here.

Based on the status update page, this issue should be resolved. 

In the meantime, here's some information on how to add Pandora to your Sonos.

If the issue persists, please use the steps outlined here to submit a diagnostic to Sonos.

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Sam8311
Underground
Hi, thanks for your help!. I tried it again - doing the same thing I had
done before - and it worked. So I'm not sure what the issue was but it was
magically fixed.

Zink
Local Performer

Having a similar issue. Reset my sonos one and was setting back up. Same deal: add pandora, authorize and it takes me to the pandora log in page. I put in my info and it says it is now linked and to close the page. The sonos app says unable to add pandora.. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Zink Let's try some troubleshooting steps to see if they help.

First, confirm that your mobile device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Sonos.

Next, check for any updates to the Sonos and Pandora apps. To check for any necessary updates, visit the app store on your device.

If you continue to have trouble after you've done that, make sure that your Sonos' firmware is up to date.

To check for firmware updates from an iOS or Android device, open your Sonos app and tap on the More tab. Select Settings and then Check for Updates.

Once any necessary updates are complete, restart your Sonos device and try Pandora again.

Here's some information on how to add Pandora to your Sonos.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

norahcross
Local Performer

Pandora worked fine today, March 15, 2023 and suddenly tonight I had to re-authorize, which I did, and it said I successfully did so, but it still wouldn't allow me to add pandora to sonos. Is this a sonos issue or a pandora issue?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@norahcross I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps:

First, confirm that your mobile device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Sonos.

Next, check for any updates to the Sonos and Pandora apps. To check for any necessary updates, visit the app store on your device.

If you continue to have trouble after you've done that, make sure that your Sonos' firmware is up to date.

To check for firmware updates from an iOS or Android device, open your Sonos app and tap on the More tab. Select Settings and then Check for Updates.

Once any necessary updates are complete, restart your Sonos device and try Pandora again.

Here's some information on how to add Pandora to your Sonos.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Jamescarr89
Local Performer

Im having two issues (and I've confirmed devices are linked to the same wifi, checked for updates, restarted apps). 

1. Pandora isn't picking up Sonos when I try to cast. It's only picking up the Chromecast on my TV. 

2. When I try to play Pandora thru Sonos, it has ads even tho I have a plus account. 

0 Kudos