cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonos and iPhone

Julzdawn
Opening Act

I use sonos at home with my pandora account. When I leave the house I like to use Pandora in the car. However... Unless I remember to stop Pandora on my sonos system (which never happens) I get continual error messages saying “someone else is listening to your pandora account” To bypass the message I have to open the pandora app and clear the error. I like to observe the hands-free laws and I find it incredibly frustrating. Please help.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Julzdawn. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're accidentally triggering this message. I completely understand how frustrating this can be.

Your subscription to Pandora Plus, Pandora Premium, or Pandora Premium Family will only cover the cost of one stream to one device (per Pandora account).  Please keep in mind, your Pandora account can be used on as many devices as you like, they just cannot be playing at the same time. As long as you press pause on one device before you listen to Pandora on another, you should be fine.

Based on your message, the simultaneous streams warning was tripped on accident, which may happen from time to time when switching from one device to another. You can go ahead, and disregard that message.

You can also find out more information about this error message in this community post: "Someone Else is Listening" Message 

*Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Julzdawn
Opening Act

I’m happy to pay more to license both my sonos and my phone. That way I won’t be riddled with frustration when I forget to pause pandora as I leave the house. 

Is this an option you can provide? 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@Julzdawn Each internet-connected device used to access Pandora receives its own unique stream of personalized music. Similar to other online streaming services, our music licenses limit our ability to stream from a single account on more than one device at a time. As a result, a subscription to Pandora Plus, Pandora Premium, or Pandora Premium Family will only cover the cost of one stream to one device (per Pandora account).

I hope this helps to explain.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos