cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming Stops on Control 4

jeffandpaulVT
Local Performer

We stream Pandora through a Control 4 system and over the last month we have had continuous issues, where one or two songs will play then it will just stop and the Pandora app is locked up and i have to go through a whole restart process which takes longer than the one or two songs i just listened to.  Of course the Control 4 dealer says it's a Pandora problem since it doesn't happen when we stream Sirius XM or Amazon through Control 4.  No issues with internet strength here.  Any ideas about how to troubleshoot or resolve this would be most appreciated! 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Thanks for calling that out  @jeffandpaulVT and @TTraut! 👍🏻

For anyone else that may be running into this issue. If you're already tried the suggested troubleshooting below:

• First make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

If you're still having the same problem, then please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.
  • Try removing and re-adding the app (if this is possible on your device).

Please include logging out of the Control4 app and/or the Pandora app, then signing back in. 

If you continue to run into trouble, please let us know! 👍🏻

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
22 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jeffandpaulVT Thanks for sharing your experience on the Community.

This issue is usually specific to the network you're using to access Pandora, or due to an error on the device itself.

First make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

If you're still having the same problem, then please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

11Socail11
Local Performer

I have experienced this same issue. We have two accounts on the same processor and one account continues to lock up while the other will play fine. This results in a reboot or logging out and logging back in. I have run a network test during the time that the pandora account locks up and there are no issues. I see in the control4 logs that it is stuck in a perpetual loop stating it cannot log into the pandora account. Control4 seems to think this is an issue with IPV6 DNS, however, it is on an IPV4 public network. Hope you can shine some light on this. Thanks. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @11Socail11! 👋🏻 Thanks for posting your experience on community. 

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what is happening. At your convenience, can you please replicate this issue on your Control 4 and let us know the date and time it happened. I'd like to take a closer look. 

Thanks for the help!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TTraut
Underground

I am experiencing similar issues.  I had my Control4 dealer run updates and I have rebooted the network.  I have no issues with Amazon Music and SiriusXM, just Pandora.  I don't get any song info (title of the song is simply Pandora) and it only plays one song at a time.  Help please!

0 Kudos

jeffandpaulVT
Local Performer

I ended up logging out of my Pandora account then logging back in and the problem went away.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TTraut I recommend running through the suggested troubleshooting steps I provided in my message above.

Let me know if you continue to run into issues with this.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jeffandpaulVT Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for listening! :pandora:

0 Kudos

TTraut
Underground

My Control4 unit is connected via Ethernet cable.  I have rebooted the modem, router and controller.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Contol4 app. I am still having issues. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TTraut Thanks for running through the recommended troubleshooting steps. We've opened an internal ticket with our engineering team for this issue. I've shared your information / feedback with them on your behalf. 

Appreciate your patience while they look into this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

TTraut
Underground

Hi - did you log out of Pandora on the Control4 app?  If so, how did you do that?  

0 Kudos

TTraut
Underground

I found where to log out in the C4 app.  I did and it seems to have solved my issues as well! That tactic should be added to the troubleshooting list.

TTraut
Underground

I logged out and back in to the Control4 app.  It seems to have solved my issues!  This tactic should be added to the troubleshooting list.  Thank you, 

TannerPandora

Thanks for calling that out  @jeffandpaulVT and @TTraut! 👍🏻

For anyone else that may be running into this issue. If you're already tried the suggested troubleshooting below:

• First make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

Please include logging out of the Control4 app and/or the Pandora app, then signing back in. 

If you continue to run into trouble, please let us know! 👍🏻

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Tomc990
Local Performer

I am having this exact issue and have tried all of the provided solutions and the error still occurs. Would upgrading to version 3 fix this? I've already put in the request for upgraded with my installers.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Tomc990! Thanks for posting. 

Some listeners have said that logging out and back in again on the Control4 app has helped resolve this issue for them. 

If you haven't tried this yet, would you mind and letting me know how it goes. 

If it doesn't help, I'm happy to pass your info along to our engineers so they can investigate further. 

Let me know. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Tomc990
Local Performer

I tried that, first, and it did not help. My Control 4 installer tried some changes in my software, but still no go. I may need them to come out to check my system.

musicfan0095
Local Performer

Adam,

I have had the same problem for two months.  I did the steps like suggested above and I had to reset my password every time.  It corrected the problem for two weeks and now the same problem. (Turns off after one song, no info in the queue, etc.)

Thanks

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the follow up @Tomc990!

I've gathered your info and reported this to our engineering team for further investigation. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @musicfan0095! Thanks for posting your experience. 

It's interesting that the problem returned after two weeks. I've included this update in our report to our engineers who are looking into this. 

Thanks for your continue patience. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos