cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yamaha Device: "Access Error" Message

YamahaMCuser
Underground

I'm experiencing  the same "Access Error" across all (3) of my Yamaha devices all of a sudden - I can play Pandora fine on my PC through web page, and on my phone with Pandora app.  This just started happening for no apparent reason.  Network access from my Yamaha's is fine as they can play Internet radio stations just fine. I can't even log back in/or out - the Yamaha just refuses to even try to connect with "Access error" . I find it difficult to believe all three of my Yamaha Musiccast devices failed at the same time, this must have something to do with my Pandora account?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
368 Replies

Abg911
Underground

Hello Tanner,

Please can you disassociate my Pandora account from my Yamaha RX-V671 receiver?

I am facing the same connection issue as noted above.  Router and receiver resets did not help.  Receiver is on firmware 1.80

Paandora account: Abg911@hotmail.com

Please let me know when complete.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sure thing, @Abg911.

I've removed the Yamaha connection from your Pandora account - can you now please sign back in to see if that will helps?

If you're till having trouble, I would power cycle the receiver by unplugging it for at least 5 minutes, then trying once more.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Abg911
Underground

Hello Adam,

I am still getting access error when I launch Pandora.  Going into add account I get the same error.  I am able to access the receiver from the Yamaha app on my mobile phone so network connectivity is there... But not sure what is going on with Pandora.  I don't have Sirius or Rhapsody subscription so I cannot try those.  I unplugged power for over 10 minutes and the results were the same.  I had also tried resetting the unit to factory configuration yesterday before posting my initial message.

To summarize:

1.  Receive following message when launching Pandora:

You are not connected to the network.  Plead connect and try again.

2. Receiving "Access Error" when trying to configure Pandora on the receiver.

3. Can control receiver from mobile phone.

4. Network tab under settings shows same IP address as when connecting from mobile app (expected).

Network settings have DHCP enabled as well as Network Standby.  Tried setting network standby to OFF but that did not help with the issue.

MAC address filtering is disabled.

5. Cannot test any other internet apps (no Sirius or Rapsody.  Internet Radio is deprecated I believe so cannot launch that either.

6. Restarted router/modem prior to resetting receiver.  That did not help either.

Pandora app had been working just fine for years without any issue.  Nothing changed on my home network when this issue began.

Any other ideas/things to try?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Abg911! Sorry for any trouble with your Yamaha. Sounds like you've tried many steps already. Unfortunately, by your post, it looks like you've exhausted all our known troubleshooting steps.

I don't have any additional steps at this time, however I can pass this along to our engineering team for further review.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Abg911
Underground

Thank you for the update, Tanner.

please keep me posted on what you hear from engineering.

I am also curious to know if any others have run across this issue and what they’ve done to resolve.

I am using a Bluetooth adapter with the Yamaha receiver for now but audio quality is not as good plus limits my control distance when listening in my backyard with my wired landscape rock speakers.

0 Kudos

Killfast11
Local Performer

I seem to be having this issue also.  I have gone and changed my password, forced logout of all devices from pandora website. Pulled the power from my yamaha also.  It always shows logged in and get the access error .

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Killfast11 - welcome to community.

Sorry to hear those steps didn't help. I do see that all devices have been removed from your account. My only other recommendation is to to perform a factory reset of your Yamaha and then try again.

Let me know how it goes.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Abg911
Underground

Quick update and hope this helps someone as well:  my issue turned out to be my TP Link Deco M5 network had for some reason the Yamaha blocked from gaining internet access (parental controls).  Once removed Pandora worked like a charm.  May want to check this if above steps don't help!

Thank you Adam and Tanner for your assistance.

Enjoy the music everyone!

kev55hen
Local Performer
I had an error message tried everything ,I mean everything, in the end it
was just slow internet as the problem
0 Kudos

aayala
Underground

I am also having the exact issue with my yamaha multicast, pandora is not authenticating.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @aayala! Thanks for posting, sorry for any trouble.

I've gone ahead and removed your Yamaha device connection from your Pandora account. When this takes affect, you should be automatically logged out.

Once this happens, try logging back in. If you're still having trouble, I would also recommend power cycling your Yamaha by unplugging it for at least 5 minutes.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

aayala
Underground
Thanks, that seems to fix my issue!!

TannerPandora

Glad to hear it, @aayala! 🎉 🙌

Let us know if you run into trouble again. If you do have the same problem, try power cycling to see if that will help. Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Crecruiternow. 👋

Thanks for your post around this.

I've gone ahead and removed your Yamaha device connection from your Pandora account. You should be automatically logged out of your account soon. 

Once you're signed out, please try logging back in. To help with the process, we recommend power cycling your Yamaha by unplugging it for at least 5 minutes. 

I hope this helps. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

weparty
Local Performer

Hi there, 

I can not access my Pandora on one of three Yamaha receivers.  Two of them can access the service and all three are connect to the internet.  I can not figure out how to "reset" Pandora on the receiver (RX-V773) that is not working.  Can you help me with this.  

Thanks 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@weparty I've removed the Yamaha connection from your Pandora account - can you now please sign back in to see if that will helps?

If you're till having trouble, I would power cycle the receiver by unplugging it for at least 5 minutes, then trying once more.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

republicchop
Local Performer

I'm having the same symptoms and would like to try this resolution. Please remove my Yahama device from my account.  I'm hoping to  try to re-add it later today  Thank you!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@republicchop I don't see any Yamaha devices associated with this Pandora account.

My guess is you are signed into a different Pandora account on that device.

Please contact our support team directly for further assistance with this here.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos

republicchop
Local Performer

Thank you very much

hemauerb23
Local Performer

Please disassociate my account from any yamaha musiccast devies

0 Kudos