cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Ad Feedback - Repetitive Ads

Local Performer

Pandora please, cancel your Tide ad "coffee stain on my white shirt"

It is the most irritating ad I have ever heard in my life, I can't believe how ubiquitous it is in my car, on TV, and the internet.  Literally told my wife to stop buying Tide products because of it, and change channels to try to avoid that corny frustrating advert.  The actor/singer in it should be ashamed.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: tide commercial

Hey, @chrisgp. 👋

I moved your post over to this thread to keep the community organized.

If you're finding the advertisements distracting, we do have a couple of advertising-free subscription services to offer. Both offer higher quality audio streams, as well as higher quality audio and a number of other benefits you might find attractive.

Pandora Plus, for instance, includes unlimited skips, replays, and offline listening, while Pandora Premium boasts all of these features as well as a curated, on-demand library.

Of course, we're happy to have folks listen, whether they are paid or free.

We work very hard to deliver the best music discovery experience and hope you will continue to listen and enjoy Pandora. However, rest assured that we have noted your feedback for our advertising team, either way. 

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
37 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Don't Like Specific Ads

Local Performer
Why do I get the same WIC ad that has been constantly playing for months? I do not want to upgrade but do the ads ever change? I get it, Wisconsin helps out with children.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Don't Like Specific Ads

Local Performer

I get it, it feels like an attack because the ads are supposedly marketed to us based on info they have gathered.  I'm vegan and I only get Dairy farm and meat it's whats for dinner ads...

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Awful Xmas Advertisement

Local Performer

The Amazing Deals Xmas song is an aberration of the original...please take it down it is annoying

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Awful Xmas Advertisement

Hey, @guero

You are a valuable part of our listening audience, and we do respect your opinion.

We do our best to balance valuable ad space and the integrity of the listening experience. Each ad is carefully vetted and we only feature ads that meet our guidelines. We also hope you understand that occasionally there will be ads delivered to a wide audience at the request of the advertiser that may not be relevant to each listener who receives them.

Thanks for joining the community! 🎧

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Awful Xmas Advertisement

Local Performer

Dear Pandora. I have been listening to you for literally Y E A R S......but I have recently switched over to Amazon Prime Music. Why? Peloton Bike Commercials. I thought ok for November and December. Its the holidays, marketing, yada yada yada. But when it didn't end in January......I'm done. I loved Pandora. I was there for the wonderful music. But, Amazon Prime Music is where I am at now.

Highlighted

One repeating obnoxious ad, how to clear out settings/preferences?

Local Performer

I keep getting a particular ad on repeat CONSTANTLY.  Is there any way I can block one particular ad?  Or get it to stop coming up?  Do I need to delete and re-create my account?

Highlighted

tide commercial

Local Performer

Please stop playing that annoying tide commercial, if i hear it again i swear i will stop listening to Pandora. 

Thats it heard it again after 8 minutes!

Highlighted

Hey, @chrisgp. 👋

If you're finding the advertisements distracting, we do have a couple of advertising-free subscription services to offer. Both offer higher quality audio streams, as well as higher quality audio and a number of other benefits you might find attractive.

Pandora Plus, for instance, includes unlimited skips, replays, and offline listening, while Pandora Premium boasts all of these features as well as a curated, on-demand library.

Of course, we're happy to have folks listen, whether they are paid or free.

We work very hard to deliver the best music discovery experience and hope you will continue to listen and enjoy Pandora. However, rest assured that we have noted your feedback for our advertising team, either way. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Local Performer

Like others, I have thought about a subscription service to avoid the Tide ads but am wondering if Pandora is purposefully playing these absolutely horrible ads just to push us into subscriptions so am stubbornly refusing.

Highlighted

Local Performer

there is a 100% chance that Pandora sought (and has successfully found) the world's most annoying ads to push people to subscribe to the ad-free version. I'm just surprised Tide agreed to it...it's surely helping Pandora like crazy, but unclear how it's helping Tide

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Local Performer

You seem to be able to classify music to create a good listen experience.  Try classifying the ads.  I listen to classical, soft rock.  The Cory Carson streaming ad is horrid.

0 Kudos