cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing with Sirius/Pandora subscriptions

genealogylady65
Local Performer

A while ago pandora and sirius merged. I understood I had to pay sirius in order to keep pandora which I had a premium account. My question is do I have to keep paying sirius $6.07 a month to keep pandora. I do not like serious at all and I never listen to it. I just want pandora.

Moderator Edit: Format, Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@genealogylady65 To clarify, a SiriusXM subscription is not required to keep a subscription with Pandora.

SiriusXM and Pandora currently operate as separate services with their own subscription products and user agreements. Each service requires its own account and billing method, and subscribing to or canceling either service is independent of and has no effect upon the other.

Therefore, you'll need to manage your Pandora subscription through your Pandora account or by writing to us directly.

For help with SiriusXM services, you'll need to contact their support team here.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Hope this helps explain.

View solution in original post

17 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@genealogylady65 To clarify, a SiriusXM subscription is not required to keep a subscription with Pandora.

SiriusXM and Pandora currently operate as separate services with their own subscription products and user agreements. Each service requires its own account and billing method, and subscribing to or canceling either service is independent of and has no effect upon the other.

Therefore, you'll need to manage your Pandora subscription through your Pandora account or by writing to us directly.

For help with SiriusXM services, you'll need to contact their support team here.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Hope this helps explain.

jacquelineburke
Local Performer

Please call me.  We pay for Sirius and I am wondering if pandora is included?  Jacqueline 

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Info

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jacquelineburke I moved your post over to this thread to keep the community tidy.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for more information around SiriusXM and Pandora subscriptions.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Um_do_i_know_u
Local Performer

Sirius xm sent me an email saying that pandora is free with my account but yet I am still paying for it can someone please help me because I don’t understand what went wrong for me.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Um_do_i_know_u I moved your post over to this thread to keep the community tidy.

Billing for SiriusXM and Pandora subscriptions:

To clarify, SiriusXM and Pandora currently operate as separate services with their own subscription products and user agreements. Each service requires its own account and billing method, and subscribing to or canceling either service is independent of and has no effect upon the other.

So you don't actually get Pandora Plus or Pandora Premium as a combined package if you are also paying for a SiriusXM subscription.

Features of Pandora that are offered with a SiriusXM subscription:

This all being said, we are pleased to offer Pandora Now. This is a new station that SiriusXM listeners can access on Channel 3. It is an ad-free hip hop and pop hits station featuring the most Thumbed Up songs on Pandora. (You can also add it on Pandora; just search Pandora Now to add it as a station.)

Additionally, SiriusXM listeners can now add Personalized Stations powered by Pandora to their Favorite Channels in the SiriusXM app. While these stations will not be linked to your Pandora account, Thumbing Up or Thumbing Down will improve them and make them unique to your preferences.

Pandora is also featuring select SiriusXM shows in a podcast format. These podcasts can be found in the For You section (through our mobile app) or Browse (through our website and selected devices), and will have a SiriusXM banner in the artwork. Click here to see the full list of podcasts available on Pandora.

For future updates, I'd recommend following our blog, or find us on TwitterFacebook or Instagram. We'll release more information there as we have it.

For other related questions, check out this FAQ.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

prisellajr
Local Performer

so i'm late to the game.. what service am I paying SXM for regarding Pandora when I renewed my subscription on SXM. I thought I was paying for Pandora ad free service. I don't listen to hip hop or pop. I could care less about ch 3 on Sirius XM. I wanted ad free service so I can listen to pandora while jogging.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @prisellajr - thanks for posting to community and sorry for any confusion. 

For SiriusXM subscribers, Pandora offers Pandora Now. This is a new station that SiriusXM listeners can access on Channel 3. 

Additionally, SiriusXM listeners can now add Personalized Stations powered by Pandora to their Favorite Channels in the SiriusXM app. While these stations will not be linked to your Pandora account, Thumbing Up or Thumbing Down will improve them and make them unique to your preferences.

Pandora is also featuring select SiriusXM shows in a podcast format. These podcasts can be found in the For You section (through our mobile app) or Browse (through our website and selected devices), and will have a SiriusXM banner in the artwork. Click here to see the full list of podcasts available on Pandora.

I checked the Pandora account associated with your community profile and it is not currently upgraded to an ad-free subscription. 

If you're interested in learning more about Pandora subscription, please visit our Help Page here

Hope this helped answer your questions. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

camiloanaya
Local Performer

Hello,

I have an account with sirius xm, do you offer a discount or what does your upgrade entail? I understand there is a merger happening and would like some insight.

0 Kudos

camiloanaya
Local Performer

Hello,

I actually have a sirius account and was wondering if there a promo or something going for pandora?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@camiloanaya I moved your post over to this existing thread: Billing with Sirius/Pandora subscriptions

SiriusXM and Pandora subscriptions:

Available discounts for Pandora:

To see if you're eligible for any trials to Pandora, you can visit this page

You can also always contact our support team through our help page so they can take a closer look at your account, and verify what trials you are eligible for. 

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

rouxmatthew1
Local Performer

I'm a life time member with current and active subscription to siriusxm, is pandora part of this?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rouxmatthew1 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Billing with Sirius/Pandora subscriptions

Check out the accepted solution for more information around SiriusXM and Pandora subscriptions.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Lcs716
Local Performer

I signed up for the free premium subscription through Sirius xm but I don't have the premium version! Am I supposed to do something in order to get the premium?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lcs716 SiriusXM and Pandora currently operate as separate services with their own subscription products and user agreements. Each service requires its own account and billing method, and subscribing to or canceling either service is independent of and has no effect upon the other.

Hope this helps explain.

RNeyrey
Local Performer

I had a free promotional Platinum XM subscription for 3 months that came with my car and loved the Pandora channels for example the King Crimson channel. I just purchased a XM plan for $60 for the first year and I do not see the King Crimson Pandora channel or any others that are a genre and I give thumbs up or thumbs down the songs I like or don't like.

Does anyone know if I have to get XM Platinum to get those channels, or, does anybody have a good deal with XM and they are getting those channels? 

@RNeyrey here are the ones that you can contact for the info you are seeking.

@AdamPandora@AlyssaPandora@TannerPandora@GeraldPandora@ShannonPandora, and @ErickPandora. One of them will help you. Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RNeyrey I moved your post over to this existing thread: Billing with Sirius/Pandora subscriptions

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for more information around SiriusXM and Pandora subscriptions.

Hope this helps!