cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family Plan: "Someone Else is Listening" Message

littlesu
Local Performer

This is happening to me.  What do you mean by "each member of your family will need to beloved into their devices using their own personal Pandora accounts?"  Can't they log into the family plan account from their own device?  I'm totally confused.  Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
72 Replies

kfrechman
Local Performer

I got the Family Plan in order to be able to have Pandora play at home through my Alexa devices when I'm not there to deter thieves while also playing either in my car through Android Auto or on my phone. So I have created an extra email address just for that. None of this has helped as I still get the "someone else is listening to Pandora" message. I can't figure out how to get this to work - it seems that both Alexa and Android Auto are always going to use the same email account. How can I get this to work? By the way, I also want to be able to use the Family Plan at my office for a third account, but I thought it would be a good idea to get it working on 2 accounts before trying a third.

I have 2 accounts with different email addresses on my Family Plan. When I try to change the email address in the mobile app, after entering the password, I get the message "An account already exists with that email address" and I cannot change it. What is going on? How do I change it?

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kfrechman I moved your post over to this existing thread: Family Plan: "Someone Else is Listening" Message

If that error message is popping up, then that means you are still logged into the same Pandora account on multiple devices.

You mentioned you receive a An account already exists with that email address error message on one of your devices when attempting to sign in. If that error message is popping up, then that means you are on the account creation page, rather than the sign in page.

You don't have to create a brand new account if you are attempting to sign in, rather you can sign in using the email address/password combination associated with the account you want to use.

If you continue to run into issues, I do see you've submitted a message to our support team through our help page previously.

You can reply back directly to the last email they sent you, and they will be happy to further assist as well.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos

EJfudd
Local Performer

How do I manage the family plan? I upgraded to pandora premium family and sent an invite to my wife. She accepted and when we are both listening simultaneously we get a message indicating someone else is listening and then one of us has to stop using the app.  There is no where under my subscription that indicates “manage plan” which has been indicated on other help sites that this function exists.  Any guidance would be appreciated.   

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@EJfudd I moved your post over to this existing thread: Family Plan: "Someone Else is Listening" Message

Someone else is listening error message:

If the Someone else is listening error message is still popping up, then that means your other family members are still logged into your account on their devices and are attempting to stream Pandora at the same time as you.

Each member of your family will need to be logged into their devices using their own personal Pandora accounts that are added to your family plan.

Have each of them sign out of Pandora on their devices, and then sign back in using their personal email addresses associated with the Pandora accounts you added to your plan.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Managing your Premium Family plan:

To make changes to your family plan, you'll want to visit the Subscription section of your account.

As the primary account holder you will select Manage Family to view and make any changes to your family plan.

If you're using a computer: 

If you're using a mobile device:

• Go to the Pandora website.
  • Select the menu icon (three horizontal lines) in the top left. Then tap Subscription. (Log in to your account if prompted.)

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

0 Kudos

Vhiner
Local Performer

I need help with this. I just upgraded to Premium Family. My wife responded to the invitation but it only allows her to log in using my email and password. When we listen we get the someone else is listening error message. Can someone help us get her set up with her own account access. I’m paying for this after all. 😉

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Vhiner She should be able to sign into her personal account on her device.

Have her sign out, and then sign back in using the email address associated with her Pandora account you added to the plan.

If she continues to run into issues signing in, please have her contact our support team directly for further assistance here.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Vhiner
Local Performer
Thanks for your response. ? OK so you’re referring to an account she has assigned. Is she supposed to sign in under my email as the administrator of the main account or is she supposed to sign in under her email? Am I supposed to do anything other than sent her an invitation? This process is absolutely not straightforward. I don’t normally have problems with memberships and accounts. All of this would be helped considerably if we had phone support when things get this complicated in any case she’s been using my email and password when I’m not listening I had her log out and delete the Pandora applications from her devices. I sent her an invitation. What else am I where is she supposed to do?

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Vhiner To clarify, she will need to sign in using her own email address (the email address that her personal Pandora account is registered under). 

If you need additional assistance, you can contact our support team directly here.

0 Kudos

danskerlane
Local Performer

I've had 2 single-user accounts for years - one for me, one for my wife.  We listen from our iphones and at home through sonos.  We have been getting annoying "someone else is listening..." messages.  I finally moved to a single family account to make that go away, but it won't go away.  Pandora keeps showing that my wife's invite is pending.  i've re-sent the invite email to her email and clicked "accept invite," but it continues to show her invite as pending, and we continue to get "someone else is listening" messages and have one of us lose what we were listening to.  I'm fed up with Pandora but want to know if anyone knows how to solve this before i cancel.  i've used help.pandora.com and followed the instructions in this FAQ question:

"I purchased a Family Plan so I could stream to multiple devices. Why am I receiving this error message?",

But, that didn't help.  I'd appreciate any advice.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@danskerlane I moved your post over to this existing thread: Family Plan: "Someone Else is Listening" Message

The reason that error message is popping up for you, is because your other family members are still logged into your Pandora account on their devices.

Upgrading to the Family Plan means that you and up to five other accounts can enjoy all of the benefits of Pandora Premium, while keeping your individual Pandora accounts.

So far I see you have sent one invitation - however there is no Pandora accounts registered under the email address that invitation was sent to.

If your wife would like to join your plan, she will first need to set up a separate Pandora account using her personal email address you sent the invitation to

Once that account is created, she can then accept the invitation she was emailed to join your family plan subscription.

If you run into issues with this after the new account is created and added to your plan, let me know.

0 Kudos

danskerlane
Local Performer

Hi Adam,

With your emailed help this morning I made a little progress, but still not
100% there yet. I was able to create a new Pandora account for my wife,
which I then was able to activate. It would have been helpful if, when I
sent the initial invitation to my wife's gmail account, Pandora would have
given me an error saying "Account not found" or similar. But, at least now
it's done, thanks to your explanation.

The next thing I tried is to test playing Pandora from the Pandora app on my
iPhone 13, and at the same time play Pandora through the Sonos app on my
iPhone (this is to simulate a typical scenario - my wife or I will play
Pandora at home through the Sonos app on our phone, while one or both of us
might subsequently play Pandora via the Pandora app on our phones as we're
out running errands or on a bike ride). In both test cases, I'm using my
xx@ Pandora account info. Within one song, I'm getting the "Someone else is listening to your
Pandora account." message. Do I have to create a separate Pandora account
for myself (and same for my wife) that I use to set up how Sonos interacts
with Pandora for each of us? That is, do I need 4 accounts total: i)
Pandora thru my iphone's Pandora app, ii) Pandora thru my wife's iphone's
Pandora app, iii) Pandora thru Sonos app on my iPhone, and iv) Pandora thru
Sonos app on my wife's iPhone? Or, do I need in invite/activate myself as
well (i.e. my xx@ Pandora account) in order for our Family Plan to work correctly?

I appreciate the help!

Best regards,

Lane

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Info

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @danskerlane.

In that scenario, yes - you would need to create separate accounts for each device you want to stream Pandora on.

Since you are only able to stream each account on one device at a time, you would need to create separate accounts for your Sonos devices as well.

Hope this helps clarify.

0 Kudos

tdiggs
Local Performer

It would be better to charge for the total number of devices users would like to have enrolled.  Per cell phone, per TV, web app, etc.... that could be audited through the app id's and also presenting the account owner with a full view of the deployed software clients in use, and option to deactivate as needed....  Charge a baseline for two devices, and additional charges per extra device and make it easier for consumers to manage the right to use per device activation.  There should only be 1 account per household, like electricity or gas..... charged by physical residence, not per user.  A typical household will have potentially 1-10 devices, so make the base plan cover the foundational revenue stream.  

0 Kudos