cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Family plan Farce

AdamPandora

@Ahampton30 Nice to see you around the community. 👋🏽

I'm happy to explain how exactly the family plan works.

While you are correct that you won't be able to stream the same account on multiple devices simultaneously with the family plan, you do have the option of adding up to five other accounts to the plan so that you can all enjoy the same benefits of Pandora Premium.

This means if you create a second account for your wife using her own email address and add her to your family plan, she too will be able to stream Pandora using her account while you stream your account simultaneously. 

As long as you add the account you create for her to your family plan, she'll also be able to listen commercial-free, as well as enjoy the full benefits of Pandora Premium.

If you'd like me to put you in touch with our support team directly so that they can help you get your wife added to your family plan, let me know and I'll be happy to do that.

Hope this helps! 

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

Family plan

SamuelBMote
Local Performer

I have set my wife and son up on my family plan yet this morning I had it playing and my wife kicked me off when she started listening. Why is that.

0 Kudos

Re: Family plan

AdamPandora

@SamuelBMote I moved your post to this thread since you are running into a similar issue: Family Plan: "Someone Else is Listening" Message

It sounds like the two of you are still logged into the same account on both of your devices.

While I do see you've sent an invitation to three different people to join your plan, only one of them has been accepted so far.

I am going to have someone from our support team contact you privately via email to help get those additional accounts added to your plan.

Please keep an eye out for their message. 📬

0 Kudos

Re: Syncing music across multiple devices

Curtxre
Local Performer

Terrible.  Pandora is being buried by better services.  What's the point of the "family plan" (what a misleading misnomer) if my wife can't listen to a device over there while I'm listening to something else over here...?  Pointless and silly.  You guys better catch up, or you'll be history.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Curtxre I moved your post over to this existing thread: Family Plan: "Someone Else is Listening" Message

With a family plan subscription, each person should be able to stream their own accounts simultaneously.

After taking a look at your account, it looks like you've sent a few invitations, however none of them have been accepted yet.

So what is likely happening is your wife is still logged into your account on her devices when you both attempt to stream Pandora at the same time.

I am going to have someone from our support team contact you privately via email to help get those additional people added to your plan so that you can each enjoy the full benefits of the subscription.

Please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 🤝

0 Kudos

Curtxre
Local Performer

Their own accounts... That's the key words, right?  They each need a separate pandora account to be able to listen at will, so everybody is paying for their own accounts, you cannot add to one central account and just add a tier fee... Right?    If so, your premium family pitch is deceptive marketing.

Do not reach out to my invitees at this point.  Do not.  I've already cancelled the "Family plan" because it isn't really a family plan in the usual sense of the word.  I'm actively exploring other streaming services with better service (and better audio quality too, btw.)

Curt

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos

Re: Listening on (TWO) devices at same time

lynnlorr
Local Performer

Good evening. 

We seem to be having issues with 2 of us listening to different music on Pandora at the same time. We do have & pay for the family plan. I just logged into my account to be sure that I wasn't logged in as my wife. 

We continue to get the "someone else is listening" message. 

Please help, this is frustrating. 

0 Kudos

Re: Listening on (TWO) devices at same time

AdamPandora

@lynnlorr It sounds like you may have an unauthorized user on your account if that error message is popping up.

I am going to have someone from our support team contact you privately via email to help secure your account.

Please keep an eye out for their message. 📬

0 Kudos

Re: Family Plan Issues

Tarzen
Local Performer

I am having an issue with the family plan also.  Wife is authorized and has a separate account.  Pandora will not let wife listen on here account at home on Alexa and my account at work on my computer at the same time.  No one else is listening to our accounts.  We just tried it today.  She could not listen to here account on Alexa, so I logged out of my account and work and she could listen.  I statred my account at work and she got the account violation error.  When are you going to fix this Pandora?  Seems like a lot of people on here are having the same issues.

0 Kudos

Re: Family Plan Issues

AdamPandora

@Tarzen As long as your wife is signed into her personal account on the Alexa device, while you are signed into your account on the device you are using at work, then you should be able to stream Pandora simultaneously.

My guess is your account is logged into the Alexa device that you have set up at home.

I recommend signing out of Pandora on that device, and then have your wife sign back in using her own personal email address.

Let me know if this helps. 

0 Kudos

Family

Tetejean
Local Performer

I have the family account but when I listen in the car and my daughter tries to listen to the echo at home I get the message that too many people are listening at once.

0 Kudos

Re: Family

AdamPandora

@Tetejean I moved your post over to this existing thread: Family Plan: "Someone Else is Listening" Message

With a family plan subscription, each person should be able to stream their own accounts simultaneously.

If you are receiving that error message, then that likely means your daughter is signed into your account on the Amazon Echo device.

I see you also posted previously on this thread: Multiple on Pandora Family Account with Alexa/Sonos

A helpful listener has posted a solution that has worked for them - you can check out their post here to see if it will help. 

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos