cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family Plan: "Someone Else is Listening" Message

Seb
Local Performer

At home we listen to Pandora via Sonos / Alexa smart speakers. At the same time my wife as well as I like to listen through our phones. To avoid the "someone else is listening" issue we joined the family plan. Annoyingly this did not help, as we still got the same error msg. 

As a next step I created for my own use a new account and invited it into the family. But now I get ads. How do I change that?

Also, this setup also makes it cumbersome as I always have to change user on my phone. 

There must be a more elegant way, appreciate any help.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
95 Replies

Tarzen
Local Performer

I am having an issue with the family plan also.  Wife is authorized and has a separate account.  Pandora will not let wife listen on here account at home on Alexa and my account at work on my computer at the same time.  No one else is listening to our accounts.  We just tried it today.  She could not listen to here account on Alexa, so I logged out of my account and work and she could listen.  I statred my account at work and she got the account violation error.  When are you going to fix this Pandora?  Seems like a lot of people on here are having the same issues.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Tarzen As long as your wife is signed into her personal account on the Alexa device, while you are signed into your account on the device you are using at work, then you should be able to stream Pandora simultaneously.

My guess is your account is logged into the Alexa device that you have set up at home.

I recommend signing out of Pandora on that device, and then have your wife sign back in using her own personal email address.

Let me know if this helps. 

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

Tetejean
Local Performer

I have the family account but when I listen in the car and my daughter tries to listen to the echo at home I get the message that too many people are listening at once.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Tetejean I moved your post over to this existing thread: Family Plan: "Someone Else is Listening" Message

With a family plan subscription, each person should be able to stream their own accounts simultaneously.

If you are receiving that error message, then that likely means your daughter is signed into your account on the Amazon Echo device.

I see you also posted previously on this thread: Multiple on Pandora Family Account with Alexa/Sonos

A helpful listener has posted a solution that has worked for them - you can check out their post here to see if it will help. 

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Tetejean
Local Performer

Is there a way to talk to an actual person? I cannot play my Pandora in my car from my phone and also at home through my Alexa at the same time without getting this message. They are both on my account. I don't understand how I would have the Alexa signed in through a different account if it's through me.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Tetejean You won't be able to listen on two devices simultaneously using the same account.

If your daughter wants to stream Pandora on your Alexa device while you stream Pandora in your car, you will need to create a second account for her using a different email address.

Once that account is created, you can then add her account to your Family Plan.

After adding her to your plan, she can then sign in to her new account on the Alexa device.

This will prevent that error message from appearing when you both want to stream Pandora at the same time.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

KCav310
Local Performer

I had a problem with listening on multiple devices - but now it seems to be working!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@KCav310 If you are upgraded to the Family Plan, you and each of the other members you add to the plan should be able to listen on your separate accounts simultaneously.

How many devices are you currently attempting to stream at the same time?

Have you made sure each person is signed into their separate accounts on their devices?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

KCav310
Local Performer

For some reason it gave me the "Someone else is trying to listen - keep listening or let them listen" notification.  I think I have it sorted out now.  

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@KCav310 Sounds good - if this continues to be an issue down the line, feel free to reply back directly to this thread and we'll be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! 

0 Kudos

Lightningbolt73
Local Performer

this place makes all this money and there is no longer call support? Frustrating! I just upgraded to family plan but I got the notification that someone else (my husband) was using the account. Should I let them listen? It’s supposed to allow up to 6 people

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Lightningbolt73 If that message is popping up, then that means both you and your husband are still signed into the same account on your separate devices.

You will each need to sign into Pandora using your separate accounts with your separate email addresses in order to stream simultaneously.

This being said, I took a look at your plan, and it doesn't look like any of the invitations you've sent to join your plan have been accepted yet.

Make sure your husband accepts the invitation that was emailed to him from you, and accepts it so that his Pandora account can get added to your plan.

He can then sign into his Pandora account and enjoy the benefits of the subscription at the same time as you.

Let me know if you run into any issues with this.

mammawolf
Local Performer

I have the family plan i have added my family but when they log on it boots me off. are we not allowed to be on at the same time?

lori A Hoover
0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@mammawolf With a family plan subscription, each person should be able to stream their own accounts simultaneously.

If you are receiving that error message, then that likely means your other family members are still signed into your account on their devices.

After looking at your Premium Family plan, this is likely the case, as I see you've sent out 3 different invitations, however only one have them as been accepted so far.

Did you need help getting the other two accounts added to the plan as well?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Bohica4u
Local Performer

Hello. I have recently upgraded to a premium family account. I am getting a message that someone else is listening. How am I supposed to stop this? I have sent requests to my wife and my 2 daughters to join the family account. I have also changed the password on my account, but I’m still getting the message. Please help. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Bohica4u I moved your post over to this existing thread: Family Plan: "Someone Else is Listening" Message

If you are receiving the message, "Your Pandora Account is currently playing on another device," or "Someone else is listening," then that means someone else in your family is still logged into your Pandora account on their device.

Upgrading to the Family Plan means that you and up to five other accounts can enjoy all of the benefits of Pandora Premium, while keeping your individual Pandora accounts.

As long as each person on the family plan is on their own account, you can all listen to Pandora at the same time. However, you still won't be allowed to play music from a single Pandora account on multiple devices simultaneously.

After taking a look at your Premium Family subscription, I see you've sent three invitations out so far, however only one has been accepted.

It looks like the other two people you sent an invitation to haven't created their own Pandora accounts yet.

Have them create their own personal Pandora accounts using their personal email addresses. Once they get those registered, they should then be able to accept the invitations that you sent to them.

Let me know if you run into any issues getting those new accounts added to your plan once they are created.

0 Kudos