cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family plan invitation is accepted but not applied to account

aliyallah
Local Performer

Hello all,

I am having difficulties inviting a family member to my Family subscription. I sent the invite, it was received via email and ACCEPTED. I then logged into Pandora using the person's email that was used in the invite. The person already has a Pandora account. The person logged in just fine but all he is seeing is the basic Pandora. On the master family account, it says INVITE PENDING. What am I doing wrong? Please help. 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
53 Replies

Baxterfe
Local Performer

I am having the same issue. Why is the family plan not working to add a family member?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Baxterfe It looks like this is due to a couple of issues.

So far, I see you sent out two invitations.

One person hasn't accepted their invitation yet - this would explain why they haven't been added to the plan yet.

The second person hasn't created their Pandora account yet. They will actually need to create an account first before they can accept their invitation.

I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Casanova106dj
Local Performer

I just recently upgraded to the Family Plan and I was under the impression that all Family members would get the same benefits as I would; i.e. unlimited skips, etc. When the invite email is sent, the family member accepts the invitation but it takes them to their account with no added benefits. 

Can you someone please look into this?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Casanova106dj So far, I see you've sent out two invitations to join your plan:

• One to a new account you created yesterday (07/14/22) - this invitation was accepted
  • One to an older account registered under a different email address - this invitation has not been accepted yet, so I've gone ahead and manually added them to your plan on my end right now

Please have these two users sign out of their devices, and then sign back in using the email addresses you sent out the invitations to.

Let me know if they continue to run into issues after doing so.

0 Kudos

Casanova106dj
Local Performer

One of my family members is not able to have full access to my family subscription. Can someone please look and see if their subscription is active.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Casanova106dj Yes - I do see you have two accounts that are currently added to your Premium Family plan.

As long as they are logged into the correct account that was added to the plan, then they should be able to receive the benefits of the subscription.

Please have them sign out of the app/website, and then sign back in using the email address associated with the account that you added.

You can always navigate to your subscription details page to view what email addresses you added.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

SSaw
Local Performer

I am having the same issue. I have the family plan and have 3 others added. When I try to add my husband<<<<invite accepted<<<< but still says pending in my account 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SSaw We've gone ahead and added him to your plan from our end.

No further action is needed on his end - just make sure he signs into his devices using the email address associated with the Pandora account that we just added.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Draculcrosse
Local Performer

I am having the same issue. Reset app, reset phone, logged out and back in. Accepted in email twice. Still not upgrading. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Draculcrosse I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

foxewi0652
Local Performer

Gosh, I wanted upgrade to the family plan but seems to be a problem.  I wonder should I for resolution of this issue?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@foxewi0652 If you ever run into issues, you can always post on our Community, and myself or one of my moderators would be happy to assist.

You can also contact our support team directly with any questions you have here.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

kaylamasonn
Local Performer

I have been having the same problem. i accept the invite but still shows pending on main users account. what can be done?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kaylamasonn It looks like you were able to accept the invitation shortly after posting your message.

Enjoy the music!

0 Kudos

bwbigney
Local Performer

I beyond frustrated.

I have watched my son accept the family plan invite no less than 3 times.  Everytime, it loads MY account.  Everytime it leaves the invite as pending when I check it.  I can't help but noticing how many people this has happened to.  What the heck do I need to do to fix this and WHY can you guys not address this bug if it such a pervasive issue???

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bwbigney Please have him sign out of your account on his devices, and then log back in using the email address associated with his personal Pandora account.

From our end it doesn't appear the invitation was accepted yet, so I went ahead and manually added his account to your plan.

As long as he logs in using his personal email address on his devices, he should now be good to go.

Let me know if he runs into any other issues.

0 Kudos

OasisJim
Underground

Looks like they don't care to lose you! I'm looking around trying to figure out for my mom just how to accept an invite. What email and password does the invitee use? The ones from the main account holder? Or do they create their own?

Cmon Pandora...make this easy for us!

It's easy for account holders to add invitees, but how do they accept and actually log in?

++

Hi @AlyssaPandora 

Yours was the best reply I've seen yet regarding this issue. I have pretty much the same issue, and I want to understand how the process for sharing is supposed to work so I know if I have a problem.

I am a premium family subscriber and it's almost time to renew. I joined so I wouldn't have to hear ads and so my wife could listen in the house while I listen in my shop or car.  Please explain below, and also tell me and your other subscribers where this information can be found in the Pandora universe.

1) Should family subscribers hear the "Someone else is listening to your Pandora account..." message? I occasionally hear this on a tv, car radio, or amazon echo device. I should be able to have it playing on the tv in my shop, jump in my car and run for a part and listen in the car, and my wife listen in the house all at the same time without hearing that message, right?

2) When I send an invitation to my mom to accept, what happens after that? She receives the email invitation, clicks on accept, then it prompts her for an email and password. What email and password is she supposed to use? Is it supposed to be my login credentials as the primary account holder? Or is she supposed to create her own? There are no instructions I've seen anywhere showing how to accept the invitation and start listening on my shared plan.

3) Is there a shared account detailed instructions page anywhere in the Pandora universe? If not, can you work on creating one right away?

Thanks in advance...

Moderator Edit: Merged posts and format

TannerPandora

Hi @OasisJim! Welcome to community.

Happy to help answer your questions.

1. The short answer is no, you should not receive the "Someone else is listening message...' if everyone on your Family Premium plan is using their Pandora account

Upgrading to the Family Plan means that you and up to five other accounts (6 total) can enjoy all of the benefits of Pandora Premium, while keeping your individual Pandora accounts.

As long as each person on the family plan is on their own account, you can all listen to Pandora at the same time. However, you still won't be allowed to play music from a single Pandora account on multiple devices simultaneously. Each Pandora account on your family plan can only stream from one device at a time. This is because Pandora sends a personalized stream of music based on your musical tastes to the device you're listening on.

2. Since each member of your Family Plan requires their own account, if your Mom does not have a Pandora account she will need to create one. When she receives the Family Plan invitation, she should be prompted to either log into an existing Pandora account or create a new one.

Personally, I've found that it's best, if the listener does not have a Pandora account, to first create a free account. Then, once the account has been created, to accept the family plan invitation.

Pandora accounts can be created on a web browser, from www.pandora.com, or through the mobile app.

3. You can find more information about the family plan on our Help Page, under Pandora Premium Family.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

OasisJim
Underground

Thank you Tanner, that helped me out tremendously. I can see my issues were a lack of understanding the process and capabilities for using the premium family account. I can't help but wonder if many of the other posts are simply the same thing. I hadn't seen any info detailing that the invitee should have their own personal account first. Maybe that needs to be put out there in bold everywhere the family plan is marketed.

Thanks again!

Oasis Jim

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your feedback around this, @OasisJim

Let us know if you need anything else to assist with your plan. In the meantime, we hope you're enjoying the tunes! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos