cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still getting ads with subscription through Apple

mrsjayme
Local Performer

Pandora App shows cancelled Pandora Plus subscription, but App Store still shows active. Was working this morning, but around 145pm I opened Pandora app and it says my subscription has ended. I didn’t cancel it.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
107 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jklhaskins I moved your post over to this existing thread since I do see you were previously upgraded through Apple: Still getting ads with subscription through Apple

If you were charged within the last month for a subscription to Pandora through Apple and are still hearing ads, you should be able to use the following steps to get your subscription activated and returned to your account:

1. Start by opening the Pandora app on your iOS device, and going to the Profile tab.
  2. Select Upgrade.
  3. Scroll to the very bottom of the screen and tap Retrieve Your Subscription. You may need to enter your iTunes password to confirm.

This should reapply your subscription to your account.

If you continue to experience issues with this, you will need to contact our support team directly for further assistance. 

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

BP33
Local Performer

I paid for pandora premium and don’t have it.

0 Kudos

Bubbaschmutzer
Local Performer

I paid for the Pandora plus October 22 2022 and am still getting ads. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BP33 Could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device?

Sometimes, it may help to sign out of Pandora, and then sign back in using the email address associated with your upgraded account.

If you are still seeing ads after confirming you are logged in with the correct address, can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are seeing?

Is it for a specific brand or artist? Are you hearing them while listening to podcasts?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Bubbaschmutzer I moved your post over to this existing thread since I do see you were previously upgraded through Apple: Still getting ads with subscription through Apple

If you were charged within the last month for a subscription to Pandora through Apple and are still hearing ads, you should be able to use the following steps to get your subscription activated and returned to your account:

1. Start by opening the Pandora app on your iOS device, and going to the Profile tab.
  2. Select Upgrade.
  3. Scroll to the very bottom of the screen and tap Retrieve Your Subscription. You may need to enter your iTunes password to confirm.

If you continue to experience issues with this, you will need to contact our support team directly for further assistance. 

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Murphslaw88
Local Performer

I paid for the upgrade to plus but it’s still saying I need to upgrade

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Murphslaw88 I moved your post over to this existing thread since I do see you were previously upgraded through Apple: Still getting ads with subscription through Apple

I do see you were able to successfully activate your subscription through Apple shortly after posting on the Community.

Was there anything else you needed help with?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Kingb1267
Local Performer

I reactivated my premium subscription but my account is not updating. I’ve logged out and back in, redownloaded the app, and my account has been charged. When is it supposed to renew?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kingb1267 I moved your post over to this existing thread since I do see you were previously upgraded through Apple: Still getting ads with subscription through Apple

If you were charged within the last month for Pandora Premium through Apple and are still hearing ads, you should be able to use the following steps to get your subscription activated and returned to your account:

2. Select Upgrade.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

7sanfordd
Local Performer

I'm having the same problem. Given how long you've been working on this, guess it won't be resolved and I'll need to find another platform for my music. Too bad. Don't like paying for something I'm not getting.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@7sanfordd I do see you were able to successfully restore your subscription through Apple to your account shortly after posting on the Community.

Was there anything else you needed help with?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

7sanfordd
Local Performer
Yes i was! Ive had pandora for years and never had this problem. It
might help others to know…after submitting your payment, you have to go
back and scroll down thru the fine print terms of service and find the
activate your upgrade link.
0 Kudos

Mariloufmfather
Local Performer

There is nothing that says "retrieve your subscription" at the bottom of the Upgrade page. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mariloufmfather It looks like your account is already upgraded to Pandora Plus, so no further action is needed on your end to activate it.

Could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device if you are still hearing ads?

Sometimes, it may help to sign out of Pandora, and then sign back in using the email address associated with your upgraded account.

If you are still seeing ads after confirming you are logged in with the correct address, can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are seeing?

Is it for a specific brand or artist? Are you hearing them while listening to podcasts?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

TinyDancer
Underground

Still hearing ads on Premium subscription billed via Apple

Why am I hearing MANY ads even though I upgraded from Plus to Premium?????

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TinyDancer Could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

fjbloom
Local Performer

Premium Subcription upgrade not showing up on my computer or iphone

How can I resolve this?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@fjbloom Could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

fjbloom
Local Performer
Problem resolved by Support, apparently a communication issue with payment/upgrade. Thanks for responding!

Get Outlook for iOS<>

TinyDancer
Underground

I didn't hear ads during streaming for a few weeks, but today those ads started again!  It is more than annoying!

0 Kudos