cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still getting ads with subscription through Apple

mrsjayme
Local Performer

Pandora App shows cancelled Pandora Plus subscription, but App Store still shows active. Was working this morning, but around 145pm I opened Pandora app and it says my subscription has ended. I didn’t cancel it.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
114 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sendpainbelow23 It appears that there was a communication error between the Apple billing system and our system. The error seems to have been resolved and your subscription has returned to your account.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

0 Kudos

izziefrick
Local Performer

I pay for my subscription through apple billing. It came out of my account yesterday. It shows my subscription is solid through September 27th, but I am hearing ads and have no access to my playlists on pc or phone. I normally don't complain, but, I have spent countless hours orchestrating these playlists to get me through my days. I felt like giving it 12+ hours to catch up would be enough. But, it is still down. Can someone please help me and get this fixed? Or at least provide me with a refund? 

Thank you! 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @izziefrick. 👋

Thanks so much for providing these details, and sorry to hear that you're having trouble.

Your Account + Subscription:

It appears that there was a communication error between the Apple billing system and our system.

The error seems to have been resolved and your subscription has returned to your account.

I apologize for any inconvenience. Let me know if you have any other questions. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

AmeriMom
Local Performer

I have been a no-ads, first level paying customer for some time now.  I can find no history of my purchase.  I am looking for this because suddenly today I am having my listening interrupted by ads. Please assist? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AmeriMom I moved your post over to this existing thread since I do see you were previously upgraded through Apple: Still getting ads with subscription through Apple

I do see you were able to successfully activate your subscription through Apple shortly after posting on the Community.

Was there anything else you needed help with?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Worldgongood
Local Performer

Out of no where after years of Pandora Plus  I’m getting ads. Why?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Worldgongood I do see your account was previously upgraded through Apple.

If you were charged within the last month for a subscription to Pandora through Apple and are still hearing ads, you should be able to use the following steps to get your subscription activated and returned to your account:

1. Start by opening the Pandora app on your iOS device, and going to the Profile tab.
  2. Select Upgrade.
  3. Scroll to the very bottom of the screen and tap Retrieve Your Subscription. You may need to enter your iTunes password to confirm.

This should reapply your subscription to your account.

If you continue to experience issues with this, you will need to contact our support team directly for further assistance. 

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

robiejean2
Local Performer

I am having adds and  talking , I have pandora  add free subscription. Listen to one song and two adds play. What can I do about this.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @robiejean2! Thanks for posting.

I checked your Pandora account and see that you have been upgraded through Apple.

If you were charged within the last month for a subscription and are still hearing ads, you should be able to use the following steps to activate and return your subscription to your account. 

1. Start by opening the Pandora app on your iOS device, and going to the Profile tab.
  2. Select Upgrade.
  3. Scroll to the very bottom of the screen and tap Retrieve Your Subscription. You may need to enter your iTunes password to confirm.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

cmatt6
Local Performer
  • Why am I still getting commercials with my subscription?
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cmatt6 I do see you were able to successfully restore your subscription through Apple to your account shortly after posting on the Community.

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Ma7
Local Performer

I’ve paid but not receiving the subscription 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ma7 I do see you were able to successfully activate your subscription through Apple shortly after posting on the Community.

Let me know.

0 Kudos

euphrus
Local Performer

My subscription will not upgrade - already paid/subscribed to premium via iPhone.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@euphrus I do see your account was previously upgraded through Apple.

If you were charged within the last month for a subscription to Pandora through Apple and are still hearing ads, you should be able to use the following steps to get your subscription activated and returned to your account:

2. Select Upgrade.

If you continue to experience issues with this, you will need to contact our support team directly for further assistance. 

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

kktansill
Local Performer

When I signed up with Pandora it was because there were promises that the service was ad-free and now my sleep is disrupted all night so I want my money back!! 

0 Kudos

hsquared
Local Performer

cancel your account its not that serious lol

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kktansill I moved your post over to this existing thread since I do see you were previously upgraded through Apple: Still getting ads with subscription through Apple

2. Select Upgrade.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Misty887
Local Performer
  1. Why am I getting ads when I  paid 12.99
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Misty887 

Welcome to community!

I moved your post over to an existing thread: Still getting ads with subscription through Apple

I checked your Pandora account and see that you've upgraded through Apple in the past. If you're currently receiving ads, then I would recommend trying the troubleshooting steps found in the Accepted Solution here. 

Let us know if you continue to have trouble. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos