cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still hearing ads while on a free trail

Joe0616
Local Performer

I signed up for a 30 free trail but am still hearing ads. I recieved a notice from Google play that the trail started on January 1 and I was signed in with Facebook. I no longer use Facebook because they have me all mixed up with different accounts. They use my phone number with some girls account. Anyway what is purpose of having a free trial when you going to listen to ads doesn't make any sense how do I activate the free trial with ad free music

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Joe0616 Our support team has taken a look and have informed me that the Pandora account your community profile is registered with is not currently signed up for any subscription.

If you signed up for Pandora Premium, then it is possible you did so on a Pandora account registered under a different email address.

I recommend signing out of Pandora on your device, and then signing back in using the email address the upgraded account is registered under.

In the meantime, our support team mentioned they will also be sending you a separate message via email to help make sure this gets resolved.

Keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for being a part of the community! 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
23 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Joe0616 Our support team has taken a look and have informed me that the Pandora account your community profile is registered with is not currently signed up for any subscription.

If you signed up for Pandora Premium, then it is possible you did so on a Pandora account registered under a different email address.

I recommend signing out of Pandora on your device, and then signing back in using the email address the upgraded account is registered under.

In the meantime, our support team mentioned they will also be sending you a separate message via email to help make sure this gets resolved.

Keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for being a part of the community! 

0 Kudos

MMJ
Local Performer

Hi, I signed up for 30 days and I am still getting commercials. Using my ipone

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @MMJ, thanks for posting!

I checked the email associated with you community profile and it doesn't appear upgraded on my end.

Can you let me know if you upgraded via Apple on your iPhone or directly through Pandora?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

eggbo1
Local Performer

On 9/20/20 I started Pandora plus free trial but I’m still hearing/getting ads.

blownsteeda1
Local Performer

same here, I had to cancel but didnt want to

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@eggbo1 It looks like you already have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

Please keep an eye out for their email reply, and they will be happy to look into this further with you.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@blownsteeda1 I took a look at the Pandora account connected to your Community profile, and it does not appear to be upgraded.

I am going to have someone from our support team contact you privately via email to help make sure this gets resolved.

Please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience! 

0 Kudos

nutdriver
Local Performer

I updated to Pandora Plus Trial yesterday.  For the next few listening sessions everything seemed to be ok.  No ads. 

1. Last evening, I noticed that I was again getting ads and asked me if I wanted to upgrade my account.  I did not spend much time looking at this yet but this is confusing.  

2. After upgrade, my Android Pixel 4XL (Android 11) is now sometimes draining the battery.  I went to bed with my phone at 50%.  Checked the phone at 2 am to look at the time and the phone reported battery was at 5%.  Pandora was listed as the huge batter life consumer when I checked in the settings, Battery.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @nutdriver. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. Thanks so much for posting about this on the Pandora Community. 

Since you're having trouble with multiple issues, I've escalated your issue to our User Support team. Someone will be reaching out to you via email very soon. 📬Don't forget to check your spam / junk folder if you don't see the message shortly. 

Thanks so much for your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

nutdriver
Local Performer

I appreciate the quick reply.  I am now working with the User Support Team.  

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@nutdriver We're always happy to help.

Hope we continue to see you around the Community! 😁

0 Kudos

lisacooke14
Local Performer

I am having the same issue. Can you help me ?

0 Kudos

Kimberlee_
Local Performer

i did the one month free. i entered my card information and i haven’t been able to access any of the features. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@lisacooke14 Could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device?
Sometimes, it may help to sign out of Pandora, and then sign back in using the email address associated with your upgraded account.

If you are still seeing ads after confirming you are logged in with the correct address, can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are seeing?

Is it for a specific brand or artist? Are you hearing them while listening to podcasts?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kimberlee_ After taking a quick look, it doesn't appear that the Pandora account connected to your Community profile has been upgraded yet.

Someone from our support team will be reaching out to you privately via email to help look into this further.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 🤝

0 Kudos

kevinjconner74
Local Performer

I signed up for the trial period, but don't know how to get it started?!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kevinjconner74 Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

After taking a quick look, it doesn't appear that the Pandora account connected to your Community profile has been upgraded yet.

Someone from our support team will be reaching out to you privately via email to help look into this further.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 🤝

0 Kudos

xTCxCarnage6075
Local Performer

I had got a did the 90 day trial email and signed up for it but now when I got to play music it's not the trial I signed up for on my Pandora app, it's just plain Pandora music 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@xTCxCarnage6075 It doesn't appear that the Pandora account connected to your Community profile has been upgraded yet.

If you signed up for a 90-day trial, my guess is that was done so on a Pandora account registered under a different email address.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 🤝

0 Kudos