cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Skips with Premium

Jbail33
Local Performer

I have pandora premium and I still have skip limits. Very annoying! I thought I premium allows unlimited skips 

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @Jbail33! Sorry for any confusion over this. 

There is no hourly or daily skip limit for Pandora Premium stations and in that sense you will receive unlimited skips.

Though the majority of the songs in our collection will be eligible to be skipped without limits, you may encounter a portion of songs that are not eligible to be skipped due to our current licensing agreements. Since we're bound by our existing license to stream many of our tracks in a radio format, this option may not be available for some tracks.

Pandora is transitioning away from operating solely under statutory licensing and moving toward special agreements (direct licensing) with record labels and music publishers. Under statutory licensing, listeners are limited in the number of times they can skip songs on our stations or cannot replay certain tracks. By working directly with record labels/music publishers, we're allowed to operate with more flexibility -- including the ability to provide additional skips and replays for our listeners.

We know it can be frustrating to have to listen to a song you'd rather skip. When this happens, we suggest scrolling through your recently played tracks and selecting a song to replay. Or, as a Premium subscriber, you can create custom playlist that are not subject  to these licensing restriction. 

We are continuously working on increasing the amount of songs which can be skipped on our stations. Our intention is to provide enough music you enjoy to avoid any inconvenience around this.

Thanks for being part of community!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

11 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Jbail33! Sorry for any confusion over this. 

There is no hourly or daily skip limit for Pandora Premium stations and in that sense you will receive unlimited skips.

Though the majority of the songs in our collection will be eligible to be skipped without limits, you may encounter a portion of songs that are not eligible to be skipped due to our current licensing agreements. Since we're bound by our existing license to stream many of our tracks in a radio format, this option may not be available for some tracks.

Pandora is transitioning away from operating solely under statutory licensing and moving toward special agreements (direct licensing) with record labels and music publishers. Under statutory licensing, listeners are limited in the number of times they can skip songs on our stations or cannot replay certain tracks. By working directly with record labels/music publishers, we're allowed to operate with more flexibility -- including the ability to provide additional skips and replays for our listeners.

We know it can be frustrating to have to listen to a song you'd rather skip. When this happens, we suggest scrolling through your recently played tracks and selecting a song to replay. Or, as a Premium subscriber, you can create custom playlist that are not subject  to these licensing restriction. 

We are continuously working on increasing the amount of songs which can be skipped on our stations. Our intention is to provide enough music you enjoy to avoid any inconvenience around this.

Thanks for being part of community!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

John460
Local Performer

I have the same issues thinking about canceling my subscription 

Jessica1
Opening Act

I pay for premium pandora on a family plan. Today I started getting messages that I wasnt allowed to skip songs due to licensing issues. That's part of the reason I pay for premium, and I havent had this issue before. Its happened 3 times today on the same station, even after closing out the app. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Jessica1. 👋

Nice to see you around the community. To keep the community space organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Unlimited Skips with Premium

Please check out the accepted solution regarding skips on Premium / Premium Family here.

Hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Finchfry
Local Performer

agreed.  the response from pandora used a lot of words to not say very much.  just one long winded excuse.

dlron700
Local Performer

So I just signed up for premium but I still do not get unlimited skips. Premium is supposed to allow unlimited skips. I get the error "this song cannot be skipped".

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dlron700 I moved your post over this existing thread: Unlimited Skips with Premium

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for more information on how skips work with Pandora Premium.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

dlron700
Local Performer

Thank you.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Always happy to help, @dlron700. 🤝

0 Kudos

bluestreakbthr
Local Performer

This isn't a solution. PLUS subscription IN WRITING offers unlimited skips. Why would Premium take that feature away? I see this as false advertising and bait & switch tactics for a higher-cost subscription.

0 Kudos

Lisa38815
Local Performer

Then you should be more careful about the songs that are categorized on a radio station.  Meat Loaf Radio Station has Bee Gees, Country Western, Dolly Pardon. 

0 Kudos