cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch: Syncing / Offline Mode Doesn't Work

dyoung1930
Underground

I've had the Apple Watch for over a month now and can't get offline Pandora to work. The iPhone and Watch are paired and they change side by side each night so it should have sync'd by now. I've tried everything in this article but nothing has worked.

How to make offline work?

1. iPhone 12 Pro
  2. iOS 14.2.1
  3. Pandora app (latest version)
  4. Apple Watch Series 6
  5. watchOS v7.1 (18R590)
  6. Pandora background app refresh is On
  7. 23.3 GB available storage on Watch

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
35 Replies

dyoung1930
Underground

@celdredge Are you on Pandora Plus or Premium? I'm on Plus so I don't get to choose which stations to sync. Wondering if that's a common thread for Engineering to debug.

0 Kudos

celdredge
Underground

I’m on premium

0 Kudos

Lici13
Local Performer

I’ve been having this issue as well. I’m also on Pandora Premium. Apple Watch series 5, OS 7.2. iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14.3. Background app refresh is on. Memory on watch is 23gb. Pandora app is up to date. Same message: Pandora will sync when located near phone.
Ive tried all the troubleshooting all day and nothing had worked. It was frustrating because I had downloaded stations but downloaded more and noticed my watch wasn’t picking up the newly downloaded stations. Thinking I had done something wrong, I went forward and started the troubleshooting, which was to uninstall the app..after reinstalling all the downloaded stations were gone. Again, feeling as I had done something terribly wrong I continued searching for a solution. It has been troublesome but in a way I’m glad I’m not the only one out there struggling with this. I hope a solution is found soon. I as well have been on Pandora for a long time and would hate to switch but I do need the music for work..no cell reception and phones are not allowed after a certain point. Again, I’d hate to end it for an issue that wasn’t an issue a few months ago. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Lici13. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about your experience, and I'm very sorry for any trouble you've run into with this.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback as well as your device information. I've gone ahead and posted this info on an internal ticket we have open with our engineering team. They are aware of this issue and currently investigating to determine what is happening.

Thank you for your patience while they work on this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

RebeccaTx
Local Performer

It worked fine all year ! I had dumped Napster due to the same issue and now Pandora wont work unless it's by the phone. 

Any solution.. ??

0 Kudos

runforlife21
Local Performer

With lot of displeasure had to cancel PLUS subscription. As this would not work with Apple (non WiFi mode). Albeit downloading the music. 

Switched to Apple Music as this works like a charm. Unless Pandora fixes the issue shall stay with Apple.

Yes, Pandora is EZ to use and loved it !! Fix the root cause - TEAM !!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @runforlife21! Thanks for posting your experience. Sorry to hear you're having trouble with Pandora on your Apple Watch.

I've moved your post to an existing thread here, to keep things organized. 

Can you tell me a little more about your experience and your watch?

• Do the stations not download to your watch?
  • Do they download but they are incomplete?
  • Do they download but you're unable to play them?

• What iPhone model do you have?
  • What Apple Watch model do you have?
  • What version is your Apple Watch on? (Open the Watch app on your phone and go to General > AboutVersion)
  • What Pandora version? (If you need help finding this, let me know.)

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Mtnclimbernc
Local Performer

I’m having this same issue with my apple phone and watch, both running the latest software. Please fix this. Extremely frustrating!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Mtnclimbernc. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this. I'd like to share your feedback / experience with our engineering team on your behalf.

Could you please provide the requested information?

• Do the stations not download to your watch?
  • Do they download but they are incomplete?
  • Do they download but you're unable to play them?
  • What iPhone model do you have?
  • What Apple Watch model do you have?
  • What is the exact version that your Apple Watch is on? (Open the Watch app on your phone and go to General > AboutVersion)

Let me know. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

maxxmilo
Underground

Hi, I was having this same exact problem and was so frustrated. This may not work for you, but here's what worked for me: In the Pandora app on the Apple Watch, I scrolled all the way to the bottom and selected "Playing from..." and then selected "Watch". It had been set to "Phone" before and I was experiencing the same frustrating problem where my watch wouldn't play music when it was not near my phone. For reference, I have a 2020 iPhone SE and an Apple Watch SE.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for sharing that helpful tip, @maxxmilo. 👍

0 Kudos

Eileenkelleher
Underground

Also having the same problem. I’ve tried all the solutions above. The only reason I have a premium subscription is so I can have multiple stations to my watch and not have to take my phone with me on a run. Is there an estimate time for a fix for this?

Downloading and reinstalling gives me anew group of 10 songs but it’s just the same issue.

0 Kudos

Eileenkelleher
Underground

I’ve tried all this as well and the only thing it does is give me another set of 10 or so songs with the same problems. Is there an eta on a fox?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Eileenkelleher. 👋

Thanks so much for letting us know about your experience. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble.

First, you'll need to keep your offline content downloaded on your iPhone within the Pandora app. If your offline content is removed from the Pandora app on your phone, it will be automatically removed from your Apple Watch.

If that does not appear to be the issue, is it possible that this might be happening because there is not enough storage on your Apple Watch?

To check how much space is available on your Apple Watch, from your iPhone go to the Watch app then General > About > Available.

++

It sounds like you've already run through the steps here: Apple Watch Troubleshooting

If the issue persists, would you mind providing more details about your devices?

• Device & Generation: 
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • What version is your Apple Watch on? (Open the Watch app on your phone and go to General > AboutVersion)

Thanks so much for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

Eileenkelleher
Underground
Thank you.
I do have the stations I want downloaded to my iPhone.
There is currently 21.3GB free on my iwatch and it is version 7.6.2
My I phone is an 8plus and is running 14.8

Thanks for your help

Please excuse spelling errors, this message was sent from my iPhone

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the follow up, @Eileenkelleher. I'll be reporting this over to our engineering team for you. 🎧

0 Kudos