cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora Plus Downloading Less than 4 Stations

EmilyRose89
Local Performer

Please help! I have tried everything that has been posted on here. I am only able to download 1 station and it is really frustrating. I deleted ALL of my channels and tried adding some back and still only 1 is downloading. Don't get me wrong I love the David Bowie station....but I'd like some more variety for offline listening. Yes, I have enough storage on my phone. I am very close to cancelling my subscription because this service just doesn't seem to be reliable. 

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@EmilyRose89 I moved your post to the iOS space to keep the Community tidy.

I would like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Lastly, can you please send me a screenshot of what you are seeing when you toggle your collection to Offline Mode?

Thanks for your help with this!

0 Kudos

EmilyRose89
Local Performer

Device & Generation: iPhone 7

Carrier: Verizon

iOs version: 13.7

Pandora version: 2008.2

I am connected to wifi. I have also tried doing it over cellular just to see what would happen and it's the same thing. You can see in the screen shot just the one station is downloading. I will say just a  month ago the second station below the downloading one was downloaded for offline listening then it randomly  just kicked it out and won't download it again. 

IMG_7871.PNG

IMG_7870.PNG

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the info @EmilyRose89! I've passed this on to our engineers for further investigation. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

JewelMusic
Local Performer

Good Afternoon, 

I am on the spectrum and I find this app to be very ability-focused, which does not feel fair to people like me. I pay a decent amount of money relative to my income, even if I am "only" a Plus subscriber. I agree with OP; the apps/website need to be more user friendly, especially for people like me who get very frustrated and can melt down if I cannot have my rain radio downloaded, my calming tracks, my favorites, etc. 

I am sorry if this comes off harsh, but I too, am ready to cancel my subscription because I Simply Cannot Figure It Out. If you could help, it would save my life! Thank you. 

P.S. All research I have done (a lot) keeps saying I do not get to choose my downloaded stations. Thank you!!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @JewelMusic. 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble. I completely understand where you're coming from. We're happy to have you as a listener, whether you have a subscription or a free account. 

Offline Listening with Plus:

For Pandora Plus subscribers, we will automatically choose up to three of your most-listened-to stations along with Thumbprint Radio and add them to your offline listening stations.  You are correct - at this time, Pandora Plus listeners cannot add, delete or swap out which stations will be available for offline listening. 

Something else to note, Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage on your device, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit. 

++

Troubleshooting:

In the meantime, I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account in case we need to share this feedback with our engineering team. Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

• Are you able to download any of your stations for offline listening?
  • Is it possible that this might be occurring because there is not enough storage on your device?

If it doesn't appear to be storage related, I'd recommend disabling the offline listening feature and re-enabling it, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

To do that from a mobile device:

1. Tap the Profile tab and then the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  2. Toggle Offline Mode off, and confirm that you'd like to remove the content from your device.
  3. Toggle Offline Mode on again, to reset the download process.
  4. Keep the Pandora app in the foreground of your device while your offline stations re-download.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos