cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to dismiss notification symbol

Rooonthecoo
Local Performer

Hello all. I have a simple free Pandora account. The app shows 1 notification all the time and I cannot figure out how to get it to disappear! I have opened the app and gone through the entire thing (my account/stations/messages etc). I find nothing yet the notification stays. I have turned my phone off and on and even reset the app. Any help? I'm sure it's a simple fix and this has been driving me crazy lol

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
40 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Pieflyer I moved your post to this thread since it sounds like you are experiencing a similar issue.

Our engineers are aware of this issue and currently working on a fix. I have passed your feedback along to them in the meantime so that they can take a closer look.

Thanks for your patience.

0 Kudos

Derekfinn07
Local Performer

I’m having the same issues! I don’t use pandora as much as I used to but when I do I love it! I have a folder and it has the symbol at the top, if you can help thanks if not it’s ok. 

Phone: IPhone XR 

IOS:13.3.1

APP VER: 2003.1

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Pieflyer. 👋

I completely understand how frustrating this must be. However, it sounds like you were able to update your payment information successfully.

Please try disabling Badges for Pandora in your iOS Notification Settings while they continue to look into this. 

Let me know if this helps with the notification.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos

Smckernan
Local Performer

I’m not sure where to put this complaint, but I have gone through the entire app on my IPhone, and cannot figure out how to get rid of the 1 that shows up on the app.  This is very annoying to me,and I will delete the app if this is not addressed.  The only fix I will accept is when a. number shows up, and I click on the app I will immediately see what it wants.  If I have do dig I will delete.  You have 24 hours to fix this and send out the new version or I will permanently remove myself from your community.   Thank you.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Rooonthecoo. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're running into this issue.

I've taken a look at your Pandora account, and it appears that you have iOS devices so I moved your post over to this thread.

Please try disabling Badges for Pandora in your iOS Notification Settings while our engineering team continues to look into this.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you continue to have trouble.

0 Kudos

hconst
Local Performer

I tried all the suggestions as well (turn off notification, delete the app, check profile, etc) and it didn't help. I was however able to turn off notifications and then logout from the app. That finally got rid of the notification. I have logged back into the app and turned notifications back on. So far, the badge has not come back (it has been 5 minutes).

tammycox990
Local Performer

It shows that I have a notecation showing on my apt I can’t find it so I can see it

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the update @hconst. Let us know if it returns. 👍🏻

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @tammycox990 thanks for posting! I've moved your message to an existing thread on this subject: Unable to dismiss notification symbol

We are aware of this issue and believe it has been fixed. Would you mind signing out and then back in again. Let me know if you're still seeing the notification pop up. Thanks! 👍🏻

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Bcdglass
Local Performer

I had the same problem, & your suggestion fixed it !!! Thank you SO much!!!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Glad to hear it, @Bcdglass. Thanks so much for letting us know. 

Happy listening! 🎹

0 Kudos

920NickJames
Local Performer

I am also having the same issue with 1 red notification being displayed In my iOS app folder.. I have tried the usual hard shut down, uninstall reinstalling, log out log in and it STILL mocks me. Next step is to just delete the app and move on.. I’m a pretty aggressive clean notification person and this is super frustrating to me.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @920NickJames. 👋

I completely understand where you're coming from. I'm the same exact way when it comes to notifications for my apps.

Please try disabling Badges for Pandora in your iOS Notification Settings while our engineering team continues to look into this.

If you still have trouble after, please let me know.

0 Kudos

rgsingle11
Local Performer

Iphone 10

verizon

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @rgsingle11. 👋

Thanks so much for providing your device info. I moved your post over to this thread as you're using an iOS device and it appears that you're having a similar experience. 

Please try disabling Badges for Pandora in your iOS Notification Settings for now.

In the meantime, I've gone ahead and shared your device / account info with our engineering team. 

0 Kudos

Halzie
Local Performer

I have a message alert on my IOS Pandora app that I cannot clear because I can't find it!  Any thoughts?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Halzie. 👋

I moved your post over to this thread as others are experiencing the same issue.

Please check out my message about this here. In the meantime, your feedback has been shared with our engineering team.

Thanks so much for posting! 🎶

0 Kudos

Sweeney
Local Performer

I’m having the same issue on my iPad, 6th generation.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Sweeney. 👋

Thanks for sharing your experience. 

Feel free to check out my message about this here.

Thanks for your patience! 

0 Kudos

Iamhondo
Local Performer

The badge on my Pandora app in my iPhone XR shows a frustrating “1”. 

Why?? I’ve browsed every menu and option. 

It’s a pet peeve that an app gropes for my attention with a badge but makes it impossible to find the source of the badge. 

Also the white cursor used to compose this message is unhelpful on a white background.