cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Alarm Clock Feature Not Working

Mayflower_0403
Local Performer

I’ve been using the alarm clock feature for years. It worked just fine over the weekend, but this morning I overslept. When I got back from work I’ve tried to set the alarm again multiple times, but it just won’t go off. I get the screen showing the alarm is set, but then the set time comes around, nothing happens. I’ve tried via data, and I’ve tried being on Wi-Fi, neither worked. I didn’t see any available updates for either pandora nor iOS.  please help! 

Labels (2)
81 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @guyhager @Rmanning07. 👋

I moved your posts over to this existing thread to keep everything organized: iOS: Alarm Clock Feature Not Working

Sorry for the continued trouble with the alarm clock issue. We're aware of this issue and our engineering team is working on it. When I receive an update, I will post on this thread. In the meantime, the most recent update from 06/08/22 can be found here and I've added your reports to the internal ticket we have open.

Thanks for your patience. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Ram54csu
Underground

I am still not able to use alarm and I’m now getting the following prompt to update my Pandora notifications settings. 
“Notifications must be enabled for your alarm to work. Go to settings >Pandora>Notifications to allow notifications.”
This does not work as there is no notifications setting option Pandora on iOs. Come on Pandora!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience, @Ram54csu. I have passed this along to our engineering team who is working on the alarm clock issue. In the meantime, we hope to have this resolved soon. Once I have an update, it will be posted on this thread.  Thank you for your patience during this process. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

emimeni
Opening Act

The alarm clock on my iPad isn't working. It won't go off at all when the time is up, and had an "alarm error" when I tried to use it for napping (of course, I over-napped).  I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I have the latest app and iPadOS.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @emimeni. 👋

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS: Alarm Clock Feature Not Working

Our engineering team is currently aware of this issue and they're working on it. Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon. Once I have an update, I will post it on this thread.

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

Lalee
Local Performer

I’m having the same issue, just started last week. 
Carrier ATT

SE2022iPhone, latest ios, latest Pandora ios. 
This is why I hate updating things, it just puts a bigger and bigger footprint on your phone using up all your memory and creates problems. Don’t make an update unless it’s absolutely necessary or you have some new feature that is so amazing it makes the old version look terrible. Please. Stop the madness. 
I miss the alarm, haven’t been on time to work since it stopped and I feel tired and off all day.😣

JoshBranJones
Diamond in the Rough

Good morning Pandora team; I have a genuine question. I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way.

It's been a month since this issue was first brought to attention: a small software glitch (the alarm doesn't play), with real lifestyle implications (waking up on time).
Pandora is a multi-billion dollar company. How does it take so long to fix a single bug? What causes the holdup for the millions of users? Unfortunately this isn't the first time, and I'm not sure I understand. Thanks

johnnymadrid
Underground

I'm right there with you JBJ.  This just can't be that difficult.  I've been using this feature for years because it's such a pleasant way to wake up.  When it didn't work it caused me to miss my flight because my alarm never went off.

Alyssa, I'm at the point that I'm likely going to drop my subscription if this isn't resolved quickly.  While I'll really miss the conveience and functionality of the feature, there are other options.

Please elevate to defcon 1!

Ku
Local Performer

Is there an update on the alarm clock issue?

Matthewod
Local Performer

Same as everyone else.  My alarm stopped working before I updated to IOS 15.5 and before I updated Pandora.  

I just updated to 15.5

pandora 2205.1

AT&T

it looks like this issue has been going on for over a month for most people.   I’be been using with subscription for over 10 years. 

please fix it! 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Matthewod I definitely understand your frustration.

Your feedback has now been added to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Pgeorge2
Local Performer

It’s been a month since this problem appeared.  About time to get it fixed or get new engineers.  

johnnymadrid
Underground
👍

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

Matthewod
Local Performer

I was reading through previous versions and updates.  You guys may need to go back to version 2108.1 and see what happened from there.  

This issue is taking very long to fix. 

Is the problem when the bug fixes to watch?  I have an Apple Watch and will see about removing Pandora and from my watch to see if that fixes it.  

0 Kudos

Stockerden4four
Underground

Is there a fix for this? I notice this was posted back in June. I am having the same trouble as everyone has described. I was using a different alarm for a bit. I want to return to using Pandora but it’s not working. I have used this option for years. Very frustrating to do everything correctly and now oversleeping. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Stockerden4four Please provide more details about your device so that I can share this on the ticket to help out engineers:

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

We appreciate your patience while they investigate and work on this issue.

0 Kudos

Snlfam
Local Performer

No watch of any type hooked up to my phone but still having issue.

0 Kudos

Ram54csu
Underground

F5D98AB8-5F2B-408E-8F65-E57FC6DA64F6.png

I have disconnected my watch, deleted and reinstalled the application, rebooted my iPhone 13Pro (with the most recent iOS update), plugged in the device, had it on home Wifi; and as you can see in my screenshot, Pandora’s alarm still is not working.

Pandora: Where does this stand in the queue of IT service tickets? Seems like such a simple bug after almost 10 years of normal function. Come on already. 

Ram54csu
Underground

Alyssa: Any queue status for this ticket you submitted?

0 Kudos

johnnymadrid
Underground

Couldn't agree more.  This must not be a priority.  Come on Pandora - do better!

0 Kudos