cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: App Shuts Down after Incoming Call

Hijo0108
Underground

Whenever I pause my station the app closes if I exit the app it doesn't resume plying the song . Also if I answer a call it will close and restart the station 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@lorileann Nice to see you around the community. 😄

Please try running through our suggested Troubleshooting for iOS Devices, and if you continue to experience issues, please follow up with some additional information about your device:

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 7 Plus, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or 3G/4G (cellular data) when this is happening?
  • If you are using a bluetooth device when this happens, what is the make and model of that specific device?

Thanks for all your help with this! 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
41 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Hijo0108.

Welcome to the community!

Are you using a bluetooth device (such as headphones) when this happens?

Also, have you tried our troubleshooting steps for iOS devices? 

If not, please try the steps listed here.

Let me know how it goes.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Hijo0108
Underground

I am using Bluetooth sometimes but it does close it either way . I've tried all the listed steps on there and none work 

CPhT92
Local Performer

I'm having the same exact issue! I've gone through all of the troubleshooting, reboot, uninstall and reinstall, and it keeps happening. Pandora is the only music app on my phone I'm having this issue with so I don't think it's an iOS issue. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Hijo0108 @CPhT92 

Thanks for providing those details.

Would you mind telling me more about your device and your experience?

• Carrier:
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • If you are using a bluetooth device when this happens, what is the make and model of that specific device?

Let me know.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

Hijo0108
Underground

iPhone 8plus 13.1.2 updated pandora yesterday . It happens under all circumstances . Bluetooth , headphones and the speaker. I have let4g  and I've tried over WiFi . 

@AlyssaPandora wrote:

Hi @Hijo0108.

Welcome to the community!

Are you using a bluetooth device (such as headphones) when this happens?

Also, have you tried our troubleshooting steps for iOS devices? 

If not, please try the steps listed here.

Let me know how it goes.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you! @Hijo0108 

This info has been passed along to our engineering team. 

Your patience is appreciate while they look into this.

0 Kudos

Hijo0108
Underground

Did they find out anything ? @AlyssaPandora 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Hijo0108 This issue is still being investigated by our engineers - thanks again for all your patience. 

0 Kudos

PyroEagle96
Local Performer

Same issue here. Tried deleting and reinstalling and same issue. I'm running iOS 13.3 on an 11 Pro Max. Carrier is Verizon 40.0, pandora version 1911.2 and it happens when connected to my JBL Flip4 and always via cellular. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @PyroEagle96👋

Could you try re-pairing the Bluetooth connection between your device and the phone?

To remove the pairing, please go into the Bluetooth settings menu on your phone, find the appropriate connection, and select "Forget this device."

Once you've done so, refer to the owner's manual for your device for how to reconnect to your phone.  📲

Let me know if this helps. 

0 Kudos

Noonkah
Local Performer

What you're asking us to do won't work. It's not a problem with our Bluetooth, nor our phones. It's a problem either with the Pandora app, or the way the Pandora app is interacting with iOS. This issue has been going on for months without resolution, it would be great if the people at Pandora took this seriously. Everyone that I've spoken with that uses Pandora is experiencing the same thing.

Pfred
Underground

So I've been waiting patiently for Pandora to fix the bugs it has after the iOS 13 update. My phone's updated to the current 13.3 as well as my Pandora update. This has happened ever since the original 13 update: after taking a phone call, the song will not continue playing and after physically pushing play again, it skips to the next song.
I use AirPods and do pay for Pandora Plus- if this info helps any. 
A little help and understanding would go a long way here. Let me know please. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your feedback, @Noonkah.

I completely understand your frustration, and I'm happy to report your experience.

Please provide the following so that I can share this with our engineering team:

• Carrier:

Let me know, and I can definitely pass it along for you.

Thanks for your help with this!

TannerPandora

Hi @Pfred thanks for posting to community and sorry for any trouble with this! We are still working hard at this issue. Please keep an eye out for an update that should be coming soon. 

I definitely understand how frustrating this experience can be. We want all our listeners to be able to listen whenever and however they choose, so we are working as hard as we can to resolve this.

Thanks again for your patience in the meantime. 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

dibojrab2
Local Performer

SAME PROBLEM, so frusturating when working out. I use air pods and if i pause the music for a short time (less than 1 minute) pandora is no longer on my home screen and I have to go find the app to hit play.  VERY frusterating (I work out basically every day and this has become extremely annoying) and I am considering cancelling my subscription and switching to another app for my music 

• Device & Generation: iphone X
  • Carrier: verison
  • iOS version: iOS 13.3
  • Pandora version: 1912.1
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or 3G/4G (cellular data) when this is happening? Either, happens with both
  • If you are using a bluetooth device when this happens, what is the make and model of that specific device? Air pod gen 2, bose sport and bose q3

TannerPandora

Hi @dibojrab2 - sorry for the frustration with this and thanks for providing this info, it's very helpful. I've passed this along.

We apprecaite your patience in the meantime. 👍

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Hijo0108
Underground

When will this be getting fixed the issue is not resolved and we are all waiting for a response it is not an issue with the app or phones EVERYONE using Pandora that I've talked to has the same issue 

bsjeepster
Local Performer

Any fixes yet????? I have had the same issue for some time and it is so frustrating! App closes after every call. I am canceling my account and trying another service soon.

lada1jm
Local Performer

I am also having the same issue as everyone else. The app pauses when I get a phone call but then completely restarts when I am done with the call instead of just unpausing and starting from where I left off. It's pretty sad, especially as a long-time premium member, that this issue has not been resolved yet. I don't think an app is worth $10 a month if it can't even handle pausing and then unpausing after phone calls. Shows lack of customer care from all of the posts in this thread.

• Device & Generation: iPhone 10X MAX
  • Carrier: Verizon
  • iOS version: 13.3 
  • Pandora version: 1912.1
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or 3G/4G (cellular data) when this is happening? wi-fi but it happens on the regular cell phone network too.
  • If you are using a bluetooth device when this happens, what is the make and model of that specific device? not using bluetooth