cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Downloading Older Version of App

Nurse_bigdog
Local Performer

I have a 5th gen iPod that I have used Pandora on since day one. Lately, I've started having issues with Pandora suddenlink stopping and having to be restarted and sometimes the iPod itself had to he restarted. I have deleted the app and reinstalled with no change. I uninstalled the app last night and went to reinstall and I get an error message saying Pandora Music is not compatible with this iPod. I don't understand this issue. Someone please help!

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (3)
43 Replies

OZ
Local Performer

SEARCH HOW TO DOWNLOAD OLD VERSION OF IPHONE & IPAD FROM APP STORE -- MACWORLD UK.  

READ:  Open the App Store on your less-than-spritely iPad or iPhone.  Find Purchased tab > My Purchases > Type "Pandora" in search.  After some deliberation, the App Store will recognize that your device can't run the latest version and offer to install an older one.  Consent to this by tapping Download.  

Hope this helps.  

0 Kudos

OZ
Local Performer

Yes.  See OZ Reply below.  Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

Kaptinn
Local Performer

Nurse_bigdog/All,

I have good news.  I'm in the exact same boat and I discovered there is a way to install the latest compatible app version.
I used this method and it worked perfectly for my iPhone 4S running iOS 9.3.6

Apple Community: Redownload apps and games from Apple 

Excerpt from that site:

Redownload apps and games from Apple
You can redownload apps in the App Store.

How to redownload apps on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

• Open the App Store app.
  • Tap the sign-in button ios13-login-inline-icon.png or your photo at the top of the screen.
  • Tap Purchased.
  • If you use Family Sharing, tap My Purchases or choose a family member’s name to see content that they purchased.
  • Tap "Not on this [device]."
  • Find the app that you want to download, then tap the download button macos-big-sur-icloud-download-icon.png.

delliedog
Local Performer

One note - i did have to click the tiny right arrow (to right of "Purchased") to see the actual list of apps i had purchased in past

0 Kudos

maryjn
Local Performer

This worked!!!! Thank you so much, @Kaptinn!!

mod edit: format

reegeemon
Local Performer

am a paid subscriber, have been for YEARS!

I would like to know why you discriminate against older Ipods ?

Have Ipod touch gen4, runs latest update available ios 6.1.6,

ALL Ipod was ever used for was a music player (itunes & pandora)

was running pandora one (unknown version)

started working erratically, (stopping etc)

looked up solution, was to delete & reinstall pandora

did that - now says incompatible with device.

researched with apple - 6.1.6 is the latest update can use.

researched with pandora in chat - no way to do.

Why is it that I cannot find an earlier version of app that is compatible?

Why is it that I cannot use a perfectly good device, just because it is old?

was working before, why do you choose to exclude me from using because I don't have the latest and greatest?

Am feeling like my paid subscription is in jeopardy because of this.

But then again, am sure that pandora doesn't care.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @reegeemon. 👋

I moved your post over to this thread to keep the community space organized. I completely understand where you're coming from.

Please check out @AdamPandora's message about Pandora on older devices here.

If you'd like to see the ability to download older / previous versions of Pandora, feel free to check out this existing feature request. You can upvote ideas by searching for the title on the main feature request page and clicking on the ❤️icon next to the title of any given suggestion.

++

In the meantime, other listeners have shared their workarounds for this this post, and this one.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

JoeKempton
Local Performer

Spotify and the rest of the music apps are the same and will not install either, so I am stuck with an expensive paperweight I only use it for music running sheet music reader and pandora/ youtube for backing tracks.

The older version can be installed by connecting to your iCloud account and reinstalling the backup version.

If pandora is not interested in us using their app I guess we should find some other app that wants us as part of their community and will make a version that will work on old or new iPads and iPods

0 Kudos

reegeemon
Local Performer

come on guys, why cant you make older versions available?

0 Kudos

scottjfla
Local Performer

I’m currently setting up my old iPhone 6 to stream music for my mom who’s in hospice care. Even though she’s basically comatose, whenever there’s music on, she’ll start tapping her feet, wiggling her hands and bobbing her head to the beat. 

I’ve updated the iOS software to 12.5 (the highest update it’s allowing), but am unable to download Pandora. It tells me that “This application requires iOS version 13.0 or later to download and use this application.”

I was able to download Spotify, but prefer Pandora. Looking for any help from the Pandora community. 

Thanks - Scott 

Zzaller
Local Performer

So I have an iPad mini 2 and can’t install pandora because it’s capped out at os 12 and pandora currently is os13.... can I use the older versions somehow?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Zzaller. 👋

You can check out @Kaptinn's post about this here for a possible workaround.

If that doesn't help, please check out our message about Pandora on older devices here.

If you'd like to see the ability to download older / previous versions of Pandora, feel free to check out this existing feature request. You can upvote ideas by searching for the title on the main feature request page and clicking on the 💙icon next to the title of any given suggestion.

Hope this helps. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

PierreP
Local Performer

I have an older iPhone with iOS 12 that I want to use just for Pandora. Is there a way to get an older version of Pandora that will work with this phone and iOS? I am doing this already with another old iPhone with the old Pandora app that I just have not updated.

Thanks!

Pierre

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @PierreP. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this. I moved you post over to this existing thread to keep the community space organized: iOS: Downloading Older Version of App 

As you may know, the current version of Pandora for iOS requires iOS 13.

To confirm the iOS version you are running on your device, open your device's Settings, go to General, About, and Version. 

• If you are running a version older than iOS 13, you will need to update your device's operating system (OS). Please refer to this article on how to do that
  • Otherwise, I'm afraid you won't be able to download the current version of the Pandora app on that device. Previous versions of the Pandora app are not available for download. 

++

In the meantime, you can check out @Kaptinn's post about this here for a possible workaround.

If you'd like to see the ability to download older / previous versions of Pandora, feel free to check out this existing feature request: Downloading Previous Versions of Pandora

To upvote this feature idea, click on the 💙icon next to the title of the request.

Hope this helps. 🎧

WinterSession
Local Performer

I have an IPhone 6 that works perfectly. The pandora app now requires IOS 13, but I can only install IOS 12. I have been a user for 10 years. I switched to spotify because they allow me to use IOS 12, but loved Pandora. Won't be coming back.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @WinterSession. 👋

Thanks for posting about this. I completely understand where you're coming from.

Please check out the accepted solution of this thread for a possible workaround. 🎧

0 Kudos

kyobisaccount
Local Performer

Thank you SO much!!  That worked for me too.  So appreciate the tip to get my old ipad from 2012 working again for just playing music.  Mine is iOs 9.3.5.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Glad to hear that you were able to get back up and running again on your iPad, @kyobisaccount.

Enjoy the tunes! 🎧

0 Kudos

bstevens33
Local Performer

As on May 2022 Pandora will not load on my iPhone 5s that I use for just this purpose. It has no cell data, just internet. The highest IOS in accepts in 12.5.  Is there a way to use as earlier Pandora version?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @bstevens33. 👋

Thanks for your message. I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS: Downloading Older Version of App

As you may know, the current version of Pandora for iOS requires iOS 13.

In the meantime, you can check out @Kaptinn's post about this here for a possible workaround in order to re-download a previous version of the Pandora app.

++

If you'd like to see the ability to download older / previous versions of Pandora, feel free to check out this existing feature request: Downloading Previous Versions of Pandora

To upvote this feature idea, click on the 💙 icon next to the title of the request.

Hope this helps. 🎧

0 Kudos