cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Unable to Download Offline Content with Premium

39Rivers
Local Performer

I have recently made the change from Android to IOS.  I have Pandora Premium.  I've been trying to download stations for multiple days without any luck.  The download icon shows but nothing is downloading.  I also have multiple stations that were downloaded on my Android but I get "This Station isn't available for Download" message on the IOS.

I have been connected to Wifi and also changed the setting to cellular download.  

I have turned on and off the offline mode.

I have 222GB of storage available. 

Please help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @39Rivers. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble downloading your offline tunes on your new iOS device.

Based on your message, it sounds like this isn't storage related.

I'd recommend signing out of the app and signing back in, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

If you continue to have trouble, check the download icon for the content you are attempting to download. The two rotating arrows indicate that the content is still in the download process and the highlighted downward pointing arrow means the content has successfully downloaded.

If the icon is not highlighted, try downloading the content again and keep the app in the foreground while the offline music downloads. Keep in mind that stations and large playlists take a longer time to download.

Lastly, if you are having trouble downloading stations, try downloading a single track for offline listening to see if that works.

++

Device Details:

If you still. have trouble, could you also provide the following so that I can report this on your behalf. It's helpful to know:

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @39Rivers. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble downloading your offline tunes on your new iOS device.

Based on your message, it sounds like this isn't storage related.

I'd recommend signing out of the app and signing back in, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

If you continue to have trouble, check the download icon for the content you are attempting to download. The two rotating arrows indicate that the content is still in the download process and the highlighted downward pointing arrow means the content has successfully downloaded.

If the icon is not highlighted, try downloading the content again and keep the app in the foreground while the offline music downloads. Keep in mind that stations and large playlists take a longer time to download.

Lastly, if you are having trouble downloading stations, try downloading a single track for offline listening to see if that works.

++

Device Details:

If you still. have trouble, could you also provide the following so that I can report this on your behalf. It's helpful to know:

• Carrier:

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Alice58
Local Performer

I have used Pandora’s premium services for years but now I can’t seem to download all the stations I want. Looks like everything is hung up. Also I usually download and go off line before an international trip so I have music but the last couple of trips show I have no music downloaded. Any ideas? Have they changed. I can’t find any instructions. Just messages that it should work ? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Alice58 I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS: Unable to Download Offline Content with Premium

To clarify, are you only unable to get offline stations downloaded? Or are you unable to download songs, albums, or playlists as well?

Let me know.

In the meantime, can you please try out the troubleshooting steps @AlyssaPandora suggested in her message above?

If that does not resolve the issue for you, please provide some additional details about your device so that I can report this to our engineering team:

• Carrier:
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

Alice58
Local Performer

I have been trying to download stations to be used offline but they all look like they are in the process but can’t be seen once I change to offline

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Info

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @Alice58.

Please follow up with the requested information in my message above if you are still experiencing issues. 

Thanks again!

0 Kudos

Tellio2558
Local Performer

I made a new playlist and downloaded it on to my iPad to play offline. It plays a song or 2 and stops. Interesting thing is that an older playlist works offline. I signed out, deleted the app, rebooted. Still unable to work.  Please help! 

• Device & Generation:  iPad Air (7th gen)
  • Carrier: Wifi 
  • iOS version: (16.6 Version)
  • Pandora version:  Premium Subscription

Revision to my above post.

The older playlist only played a few songs and then stopped. 

mod edit: merged comments

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Tellio2558. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble listening to your playlists offline.

First,  your offline collection will be removed if you uninstall or sign out of the Pandora app, or if you are unable to re-establish a connection with Pandora via a Wi-Fi or mobile network within 30 days. This will require you to re-download your offline tunes.

++

Could you share a bit more about what is happening?

• What's the name of the playlist(s) you're having trouble with?
  • Have you received any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say? 

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

Tellio2558
Local Performer

I made a playlist of 18 songs, downloaded the playlist to play if I don't have an internet connection. I can play the first 3 songs, then it stops. If I manually restart where it stopped, it skipped the next song and played one song and stopped again.

I can play the playlist offline on my iPhone, but not on iPad. Any suggestions???

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tellio2558 To clarify, have you tried out any offline troubleshooting steps yet?

If not, try removing the playlist from your downloads, and then re-downloading it to see if that helps.

You can also find our complete list of suggested troubleshooting steps here: Troubleshooting Offline Listening

Let me know if you continue to experience the same issues after completing the steps above.

0 Kudos

Tellio2558
Local Performer
Yes, I removed the playlist and re-downloaded it and also tried all the
other suggestions that were mentioned here. Nothing seem to help.
0 Kudos