cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

07/01/2020: Unable to Edit Playlists on 2006.1

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 07/01/2020: Hi everyone! Listeners have reported that changes made on their playlists aren't saving. Our engineering team is aware of this issue and are currently working on it. All updates on this issue will be posted to this thread.  Thanks for your patience during this time. 🛠

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Pandora Update 07/20/2020: Hey folks! Please try updating to the newest app version 2007.1.

Here's how to update the Pandora app on your Android device:

1. Open the Google Play Store app.
  2. Touch the menu icon in the upper left and select My apps & games.
  3. Apps with available updates are labeled Update.
  4. Choose any appropriate apps and tap Update.

Tip: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.

If you're still experiencing this issue after updating, feel free to let us know so by creating a new thread so that we can share this information with the Android engineers ASAP. 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
45 Replies

Richmond99
Opening Act

Here is the attachment (screen shot):

20200625-232305_Pandora.jpg

0 Kudos

Richmond99
Opening Act

Also, the "Add Similar Songs" function (which I really like) did not work within the Playlist Edit function--it added them but even though I clicked SAVE the changes vanished.  However when I used the same function within the Currently Playing playlist, I was able to add ten (but only ten) songs to the playlist which is not 238 songs instead of the 228 I'd been stuck with before. 

*now 238, not 'not' 238

Moving songs within a playlist also does not 'stick'.  I move a song (in this case Bobby Timmons' "So Tired" up several spaces so that it precedes my other Timmons tunes, and it stays there, I save the playlist, and when I return to it the song hasn't moved.  Hmm.

mod edit: format

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Richmond99. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble editing your playlists, and posting on that original thread. 

Other listeners have mentioned similar issues, and it sounds like your issue is related to this existing thread: Unable to Edit Playlists on App Version 2006.1 

I moved your post over to the thread above to keep the community space organized. 

Our engineering team is aware of this playlist editing issue, where the changes aren't saved. They are currently investigating and working on a fix.

In the meantime, I've shared all of the helpful information you've provided on the ticket we have open with them for this issue. 

Thanks for your patience while they work on this! 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

MusicFan0061
Opening Act

I'm having the exact same experience. They give me a bot to talk to, I couldn't type my actual issue I could only choose from a vague menu of canned replies, and it was circular until it offered to put in a ticket for me. That was 2 days ago and no one has emailed me. I also have premium and it is A WASTE OF MY MONEY since no one helps me, it keeps crashing, and the only solution these idiots ever have for me is "can you please uninstall and reinstall the app?"  If one more useless moron tells me to uninstall their app, I'm not reinstalling it at all. I'll take my money and my time over to SPOTIFY which actually has worthwhile customer support and an app that doesn't  break every few weeks. 

Does your engineering team ever actually talk to anyone paying them? I've been waiting TWO DAYS on a premium account which doesn't even work right now and this looks like you've been fumbling with this very simple bug since the beginning of the YEAR. 

Anyone gonna actually HELP me, or am I going to have to just blow up  replies on your pathetic support server all day until someone cares? Yup, same. And now it's late June and it's still going on. Can't even get a ticket put in and no emails from support. 

@AlyssaPandora  How do I get a ticket put in correctly? The chat bot took forever to not help me and then told me it had submitted a support ticket. It's been 2 days and no email or anything. 

Looks like this issue hasn't been touched since April and it's almost July. What's the deal here? I'm paying you people every month for something that only works when it feels like it and resolution seems to take forever on every issue. Am I just wasting my time and money here, or is someone actually going to fix this? Same, also on an Android. And also doesn't work on my tablet either. Yup, same. And now it's late June and it's still going on. Can't even get a ticket put in and no emails from support. 

mod edit: format

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @MusicFan0061

I moved your post to this thread to keep the community space organized. The previous thread was resolved in May 2020. However, some listeners have mentioned seeing this issue pop up again in app version 2006.1. 

We did receive your email, and someone from our User Support team has responded. If you don't see the email yet, please be sure to check your spam / junk folder to make sure it didn't end up there. You can respond directly to the message you receive with the requested information. 

In the meantime, our engineering team is aware of this issue, and they are working on it.

Thanks for your feedback regarding the chat process, and for sharing your experience on the community. 

0 Kudos

Meltdown81
Underground

As the title suggests, changes made to the order of songs in any of my playlists do not roll over. The only thing about my playlists that I'm able to change are the title. Hitting save does not save the order of songs. Following the steps on troubleshooting and even reinstalling does nothing. It seems like other users are experiencing this problem as well. I'm seriously considering switching to Spotify if this problem isn't solved.  A lot of people are having the same issue. A temporary solution I've found for this is to downgrade to a later version until it's fixed.

MusicFan0061
Opening Act

Same. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Meltdown81. 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into this issue. I moved your post over to this existing thread: Unable to Edit Playlists on App Version 2006.1

I've shared your feedback with our engineering team as we have a ticket open for this issue now.  They are working on it. If you'd like, I'm happy to provide your exact device information to post on our internal ticket as well.

• Model: 
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 07/01/2020: Hi everyone! Listeners have reported that changes made on their playlists aren't saving. Our engineering team is aware of this issue and are currently working on it. All updates on this issue will be posted to this thread.  Thanks for your patience during this time. 🛠

0 Kudos

Snowlox91
Local Performer

I got a playlist set up from liking a specific station so much and decided to add alot of my favorites to it from particular artist. I went in to organize them and spread them out so it's not the same artist playing over and over but every time I hit save it puts them all right where they were before. Why won't it save the way I want it? 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Snowlox91. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing thread as it looks like you're using an Android device: 07/01/2020: Unable to Edit Playlists on 2006.1 

All updates will be posted on this thread. In the meantime, I've shared this information with our engineering team. Thanks for your patience while they work on fixing this issue. 🎧

0 Kudos

Denise78
Local Performer

Hello! I am having the same issue. I cannot add songs to my playlists. 

Thank you so much in advance!

Denise

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Denise78. 👋

Sorry for the continued trouble with this issue.

It sounds like you're experiencing a similar issue so I moved your post over to this existing thread: 07/01/2020: Unable to Edit Playlists on 2006.1

I would recommend checking out my update on this thread here.

In the meantime, I've shared your feedback with our engineering team as they're currently working on a fix for this. 

0 Kudos

arianabaker17
Local Performer

I am trying to delete and rearrange songs on my playlist. I press edit, move them around and delete some songs, then I press save, and none of the changes save. This has happened before, but it usually goes away after a couple days, but I would like to know how to fix if forever. It usually happens after I update it, which I did yesterday. I have an android, the app is updated (July 1st), I already tried clearing the data on the app, I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, I am using premium, it is my playlist, but I did ask it to add similar songs (which are the songs I want to delete off the playlist), it is not on my SD card, I turned off battery optimization, I changed the quality to standard, I tried everything that they told me to, but it still isnt working. Can someone actually help instead of telling me to do those things?

TannerPandora

Hi @arianabaker17, thanks for posting to community! I moved your message over to an existing thread on this: Unable to Edit Playlists on 2006.1

Sorry for any trouble with this! We are aware of this issue and are currently working on it. 

@AlyssaPandora posted this yesterday:

Pandora Update 07/01/2020: Hi everyone! Listeners have reported that changes made on their playlists aren't saving. Our engineering team is aware of this issue and are currently working on it. All updates on this issue will be posted to this thread.  Thanks for your patience during this time. 🛠

We will be posting updates to the thread as they are made available to us. Sorry again for the inconvenience and thanks so much for your patience! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Xiregulatorix
Local Performer

I am having the same issue on my Pandora for Android (I am a Pandora Premium user). Any changes to a playlist (either changing the order of the songs, or deleting songs from the playlist) does not stick even after hitting "save". This only happens on mobile - the desktop website works normally

• Model: Samsung Galaxy S8 (unlocked)
  • Carrier: Verizon
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone): 9
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone): PPR1.180610.011.G950U1UES7DTC1
  • Pandora version: 2006.2 (ANDROID-TUNER 2006.2RC4)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? Confirmed that it happens on both Wifi and Cellular data

TannerPandora

Thanks for providing that info @Xiregulatorix! I've added this to our report.

Thanks for your patience! I know how frustrating this can be, I'm having the same issue too. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Keithmadruga
Underground

Playlists are not saving edits again... Version 2006.2... Samsung s20+... It was working before after an update but now it's not working again 😕

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Keithmadruga I moved your post over to this thread since you are still experiencing issues with this: Unable to Edit Playlists on App Version 2006.1 

Check out the message @AlyssaPandora provided above for more information, and we will continue to provide updates on this thread as they become available to us.

In the meantime, I have passed your feedback along to our engineers so they can further investigate.

Thanks for your patience! 

0 Kudos

Keithmadruga
Underground

I too am experiencing this problem on Android app. 

Samsung Galaxy s20+

T-Mobile 

Android version 10

Build number: QP1A.190711.020.G986USQU1ATF9

Pandora Version: 2006.2 2RC4

I hope there is a fix soon. Thank you! 

0 Kudos