cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: App Freezes / Unable to get SQlite Connection from Pool

Landfall6821
Local Performer

Every so often (once an hour or even more often), the pandora android app freezes for minutes with the following error which shows up on logcat:

com.pandora.android W/SQLiteConnectionPool: The connection pool for database '/data/user/0/com.pandora.android/databases/pandora.db' has been unable to grant a connection to thread #### (Media Player Handler Thread (Wow.) 6) with flags 0x2 for 30.000002 seconds.
Connections: 1 active, 0 idle, 2 available.

Requests in progress:
executeForChangedRowCount started 176ms ago - running, sql="DELETE FROM OfflineEventCache where event_type=? and id = ?", path=/data/user/0/com.pandora.android/databases/pandora.db

It seems there might be a transaction that's running and a query is being done on the same table. I'm not so sure as the app is closed and not examinable. I'm hoping someone will look at this and resolve this issue.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Landfall6821. 👋

Thanks for reporting your experience. I can report this on your behalf. 

Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • After the app freezes, and you reopen it on your device, do you notice any error messages (Ex. Buffering or "Waiting for connection")?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Landfall6821
Local Performer

Hi, of course!

• Model: Google Pixel 2
  • Carrier: Verizon
  • Android version: 10
  • Build number: QQ3A.200805.001
  • Security patch level: not noted
  • Pandora version: 2205.1.1
  • Wifi
  • Closing and reopening freezes on the grey splash screen. No error messages either on the app or logcat. Force stopping the app through settings and reopening it helps. Still randomly freezes.

0 Kudos