cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Pandora Plus Won't Download Stations

HexagonSun2077
Local Performer

As the title suggests, I'm having trouble with offline stations in the Plus tier of Pandora on Android. I click to enable offline stations and nothing happens... No progress bar or anything. I CAN however download Podcasts with no trouble at all. I currently have over 12gb of storage free on my device, so I know that's not the issue, however, here's some relevant info regarding my device and Pandora App install:

Device: Moto G Power 2021

Payment through Google Play Balance

Android Version: 10 w/ Security Patch from August 1st, 2021.

Pandora App version: 2108.1 (ANDROID-TUNER 21081005)

All in all, I love Pandora and Plus is the perfect tier for me; I really enjoy being able to download Podcasts as well, which coming from iOS where you can't, it's a major Plus (no pun intended...); Unfortunately, the automatic offline stations are a no go...

Labels (2)
59 Replies

DeanR
Local Performer

I am having the same trouble with my android v10 Motorola G7. I've tried everything. At some point months ago I turn off offline to cleared the stations, and it won't reload. I have plenty of storage, have enabled storage, have cleared data, uninstalled reinstalled, and nothing has allowed it to download any stations again

0 Kudos

brajgreg
Underground

There is definitely something wrong with Pandora and Android devices going on right now. I'm not sure how widespread it is, but I had Pandora Plus and was having the no-download issue. I was then given a trial of Pandora Premium and the issue still exists. I guess I'll be dropping my plan altogether and switching to Spotify or something else for my music once my free trial runs out. 

can manually download music using premium now, but it's not a user friendly experience and takes a lot of time...

0 Kudos

DeanR
Local Performer

Agreed. It appears they are either unable to fix the problem, or they just don't care. If they don't start caring they're going to go the rough road as Netflix.  Right now they just keep giving the same advice, which doesn't work.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you both for sharing your experiences, @brajgreg @DeanR. I have reported these to our engineering team. However, I do not have an ETA or a timeline for fix. However, you can rest assured that this information has been shared on an internal ticket for investigation. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

laidbackoh
Local Performer

Otis led me to the answer on my s10 android 11 phone. All I had to do was log into pandora on windows 10 in chrome, go to settings and click Log out of all other devices. After doing that, the downloads started back up. I may have also turned off and on the downloads on android as well to reset. Since they don't tell you you have too many devices in android, it was impossible to debug and I didn't know about too many devices until Otis pointed it out.

0 Kudos

DeanR
Local Performer

Tried this on my laptop, and it doesn't seem to have made any difference 😞

0 Kudos

brajgreg
Underground

I also tried this and it didn't work

0 Kudos

tmace
Local Performer

I keep 3 stations that i constantly build to and then i have thumbprint radio but i only have access to 1 station offline and it has maybe 20 songs on it..the other 2 stations plus thumbprint radio are not available offline.What needs to be done to have an extensive offline library..i have  1.4K liked songs and tons of available storage on my phone.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tmace I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Pandora Plus Won't Download Stations

If it doesn't appear to be storage related, I'd recommend disabling the offline listening feature and re-enabling it, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

To do that from a mobile device:

1. Tap the Profile tab and then the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  2. Toggle Offline Mode off, and confirm that you'd like to remove the content from your device.
  3. Toggle Offline Mode on again, to reset the download process.
  4. Keep the Pandora app in the foreground of your device while your offline stations re-download.

If you continue to have trouble, please send over a screenshot showing the status of the downloads:

2. Next select Offline. You should now be able to view a progress bar indicating the current download status.
  3. Take a screenshot of what you see here and attach it to your direct reply to this message.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

DeanR
Local Performer

One of the reasons I subscribed to Pandora, other than not having advertising, is to have a few offline stations for when I'm out of cell range. It's not working, and I'm not getting what I'm paying for. Seems like fraud to me 🤔

0 Kudos

tmace
Local Performer
ok i followed the instructions on how to reset downloads yesterday afternoon and restarted the download process and 18 hours later it is still stating that the offline stations have not finished downloading and offline listening will be available when the download is complete..i have the settings set to download on cell data as well as wifi..i have had 5g signal constant since i restarted the download and i also connected to my wifi at home last night to see if that would change anything as of now i show nothing downloaded and i cant access offline music
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @tmace.

To clarify, are you leaving the app open during the entirety of the download process?

Or do you tap on the Download icon, and then leave the app during the download process?

Additionally, please take a screenshot of what you see here and attach it to your direct reply to this message.

Thanks again for all your help with this.

0 Kudos

shortcake
Local Performer

Pandora Plus subscribers...any tips to get offline stations to download?  Tried refreshing stations, and now they won't even begin downloading.  I had this same issue when I first signed up a few months ago.  Contacted support four days ago, and it's still not fixed.  I've tried all their normal "form e-mail" suggestions....and more....but still can't get them to download.  Very frustrating.  May as well go back to the free version, if I have to use data with the paid version, since offline stations won't even work.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @shortcake. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble downloading your offline stations. I understand how frustrating that can be.

Looks like you've already been in touch with a member of our team via email. Please follow up with them as they can report your issue over to our engineering team on your behalf. 

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

brajgreg
Underground

Sorry, but you won't find the answer here. Let me know if you DO find an answer though. I'd love one. 

I even got them to give me premium for free for a few months, but it still doesn't work right. I have to force download individual songs 

0 Kudos

DeanR
Local Performer
You're probably right. It worked fine for years on my Moto g7 and g5
phones, and then just stopped working.
0 Kudos

laidbackoh
Local Performer

In my case it was caused by Maximum Devices Enabled for Downloads, but they haven't added the ability to delete others to the android app yet. This will hopefully get fixed one day. I removed all devices from chrome in windows 10, fixed my issue.

0 Kudos

Jessie2
Local Performer

Hi,

I only have 2 stations that are downloaded on my offline listening mode. I have several that I listen to on a regular basis. How do I get some of these added to offline listening?

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @Jessie2 👋

Thank you for posting and nice to see you around the Community.

I moved your original post to this thread under Android: Pandora Plus Won't Download Stations

Offline Listening is available to Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium subscribers. For Pandora Plus subscribers, we will automatically choose up to three of your most-listened-to stations along with Thumbprint Radio and add them to your offline listening stations. 

However, in your case, it sounds like only two stations were able to download for offline listening.

Is it possible that this might be occurring because there is not enough storage on your device? Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage on your device, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit.

If it doesn't appear to be storage related, I'd recommend disabling the offline listening feature and re-enabling it, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

To do that from a mobile device:

2. Toggle Offline Mode off, and confirm that you'd like to remove the content from your device.
  3. Toggle Offline Mode on again, to reset the download process.
  4. Keep the Pandora app in the foreground of your device while your offline stations re-download.

Let us know if this worked! Additionally, for more information about offline listening, I suggest checking out this thread: Tanner's Tips: #7 Offline Mode

Hope this helps!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

brajgreg
Underground

I'm coming back here because, while I have no proof this is the case, I think what might be the problem is that my phone (Pixel 3) lost updates/support by Google earlier this year. I now have a new phone, but have since ended my Pandora subscription because it wasn't working properly anymore so I can't check to see if my new phone fixes it, but I imagine it probably does.