cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Unable to Share to Snapchat

Breezie_13
Local Performer

When I try to share a song through Pandora I get an error in the pandora app that says "unable to share. Please try again later". This randomly started to happen. I have restarted my phone, uninstalled both snapchat and pandora and reinstalled, and still have the same issue. All applications and phone are up to date. I also tried with Facebook and other social media accounts and I have no problems. 

Carrier: Verizon

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

Pandora version: 2208.2

Snapchat version: 11.95.0.39

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Pandora Update: 11/29/22

Hi all! Thanks for reporting your experience with Snapchat. We believe this has been resolved with the release of Pandora version 2211.1.

To update the Pandora app on your Android device follow the steps below:

1. Tap your profile avatar in the top right corner.
  2. Select Manage apps & device.
  3. Then tap Manage and scroll to Pandora for updates.

Note: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.

If you run into trouble sharing with Snapchat in the future, please create a new post and reference this thread. This post will be closed from further comment to keep the community tidy.

Thanks for being part of the community!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
42 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Breezie_13. 👋

Sorry to hear that this is happening. I have seen this issue earlier this year but it was on iOS. 

Have you tried clearing the app data yet? If not, would you mind running through these steps?

You can find them here: Android Troubleshooting

If you notice any new updates for Snapchat, please try updating that app as well.

Let me know if those steps help. If not, I can report this as a new issue to our engineering team. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Breezie_13
Local Performer

Hello Alyssa, 

I have tried all of the above and I am still getting the error when I try to share to Snapchat. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for getting back to me with those details, @Breezie_13.

I've gone ahead and opened a ticket with our engineering team to investigate. We appreciate you taking the time to report this and for your patience while this is looked into. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

annalisaordonez
Local Performer

I have the same issue. Unable to share pandora to snapchat. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @annalisaordonez. 👋

Thanks for letting us know, and sorry for any trouble.

Sounds like the steps didn't help either: Android Troubleshooting

I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 
  • If you're able to, Snapchat Version:
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Let me know, and I can report your experience as well. 🎧

0 Kudos

RedRaven
Local Performer

I am having the same issue. My carrier is AT&T - I have the Galaxy 20. Bith apps have been updated, uninstalled, reinstalled, cache cleared, etc... going on almost a month of this issue.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @RedRaven. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about your issue. 

Looks like you've already been in touch with a member from our support team via email. In the meantime, I've gone ahead and added your feedback to the internal ticket we have open for this issue.  

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

bstack1
Underground

Same here. OCTOBER 1, 2022, 

Having issues sharing music to Snapchat. CARRIER: T MOBILE/SPRINT

DEVICE: ANDROID

MODEL: SAMSUNG GALAXY 21

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @bstack1. 👋

Thanks for sharing those helpful device details. I've passed this along to our engineering team on an internal ticket we have open. They're still investigating this issue. 

Your patience is greatly appreciated while this is being worked on. 🎧

0 Kudos

Tgz_mal
Local Performer

I have tried to share music to Snapchat and I keep getting a error message I have uninstalled and reinstalled both Snapchat and Pandora and I am still getting the error message. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Tgz_mal. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're running into this issue. I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Unable to Share to Snapchat

Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 
  • If you're able to, Snapchat Version:
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Let me know, and I can add your experience to the internal ticket we have open for this issue. 🎧

0 Kudos

bstack1
Underground

Lately I haven't been able to share to Snapchat. I have uninstalled and reinstalled just like other listeners have reported. I have done everything as suggested. Is there any solution yet to resolving this issue? I also have made sure everything is updated as suggested.

Carrier: TMobile

Device: Samsung Galaxy S21 (Android)

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bstack1 It looks like @AlyssaPandora was able to escalate your feedback over to the engineers who are looking into this.

Thanks again for your patience in the meantime!

KMG14
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue, it was working fine up until a few days ago. I've cleared everything and checked for updates, nothing has helped. 

0 Kudos

bstack1
Underground
I'm really hoping it can be fixed. It used to open Snapchat automatically when I use to share but it just won't. And it's frustrating cause I enjoy sharing my music. It's how I communicate with people. And share my music taste obviously. 
0 Kudos

MadMachinist59
Local Performer

Same issue here. I believe this has been happening for nearly a month but I'm positive at least two weeks.

• Model: Samsung Galaxy S21+
  • Carrier: Spectrum 
  • Android version: 12
  • Pandora version: 2209.2.1
  • Snapchat Version: v12.02.1.33
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? Both
0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @MadMachinist59 

Thanks for reporting this and sharing your device details.

I've gone ahead and added your feedback to the internal ticket we have open for this issue.

We appreciate your patience during this process! 🤝

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

Kimberly77
Local Performer

I have a galaxy s22 and I have not been able to share via snapchat either. My mobile carrier is Verizon. Please fix! Apparently this thread has been open for a month and no resolution. I pay for pandora and this is not cool!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your device details, @Kimberly77. Sorry for the continued trouble.

We are aware of this issue and are working on it. I've passed your info along to our engineers.

We really appreciate your patience in the meantime! 🎧

0 Kudos