cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Unable to View Lyrics

Hippievix
Local Performer

Is anyone else having issues where the lyrics don't load up sometimes ?? Can I report it somewhere 🤔

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @Hippievix 👋

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your first post! 🎉

If you are not able to view the lyrics, we don't have lyrics available for that track. Keep in mind, due to licensing restrictions, we are able to provide lyrics for some tracks but not others. If these restrictions change, lyrics that were once available may be removed or others may be added.

If you'd like to view lyrics on a mobile device:

Free Pandora listeners and Pandora Plus subscribers can view lyrics for the currently playing song by tapping the carat (^) below the album artwork.

Pandora Premium subscribers can simply scroll down, or tap the info icon (i) on the top right corner of the Now Playing screen.

Initially you will only be able to see a little snippet of the lyrics on this screen, but you can tap Show More or See all lyrics to reveal the rest.

More info:

Additionally, if you have the explicit filter enabled, you won't be able to view the lyrics of explicit tracks. To disable the explicit filter, go into your Settings, select Account, and toggle Allow explicit content to On.

Hope this helps!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies

GeraldPandora

Hi @Hippievix 👋

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your first post! 🎉

If you are not able to view the lyrics, we don't have lyrics available for that track. Keep in mind, due to licensing restrictions, we are able to provide lyrics for some tracks but not others. If these restrictions change, lyrics that were once available may be removed or others may be added.

If you'd like to view lyrics on a mobile device:

Free Pandora listeners and Pandora Plus subscribers can view lyrics for the currently playing song by tapping the carat (^) below the album artwork.

Pandora Premium subscribers can simply scroll down, or tap the info icon (i) on the top right corner of the Now Playing screen.

Initially you will only be able to see a little snippet of the lyrics on this screen, but you can tap Show More or See all lyrics to reveal the rest.

More info:

Additionally, if you have the explicit filter enabled, you won't be able to view the lyrics of explicit tracks. To disable the explicit filter, go into your Settings, select Account, and toggle Allow explicit content to On.

Hope this helps!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

mcp1959
Underground

Why would I be able to view lyrics when on a browser on my PC but I cannot for the same song on my Android phone?

Also, it seems there are nearly zero lyrics available on the app.   Something is not right.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mcp1959 I do see you've submitted a message to our support team through our help page.

Please keep an eye out for their email reply, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

mcp1959
Underground

Thanks they were no help.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @mcp1959. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with viewing the lyrics from your mobile device.

Based on your message, it sounds like you're unable to view lyrics from your mobile but can view the same lyrics from your computer.

I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your Android device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Thanks for reporting this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

mcp1959
Underground

Model:     Samsung Galaxy A03s

Carrier:     Xfinity

Android Version:   13

Pandora Version:   2303.1  (Android Tuner 23031002)

Am I connected to Wi Fi or Cellular when this happens?  Yes

Also, while I have you, the audio level will drop seemingly at random.   Any Idea what may be causing that?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @mcp1959! Sorry for all the trouble.

I see that you wrote into our support team but thought it would be best to follow up with you here on community.

I did some testing with two Android devices and one iOS device and was not able to replicate your experience on our end.

I wanted to confirm that the lyrics do not appear from the Now Playing Screen when you scroll down from the album art. I've attached a GIF to show what I mean.

TannerPandora_0-1681151454806.gif

If this isn't happening for you, then I'd like you to clear the Pandora cache and data from your Android, this will force a refresh which will resync the app.

From your Android Settings, use the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Please note: You will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps. Additionally, you may need to re-download some of your offline content as well.

Let me know how it goes.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

mcp1959
Underground

Hello,

I tried the steps above with no success.  I then uninstalled an reinstalled the app, and it appears to have resolved the issue.

Thanks for your help.

TannerPandora

Awesome! Glad to hear it, @mcp1959. 🙌

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport