cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Unable to download offline content

Kic33
Local Performer

My account will not play songs offline.  It will play stations,  but when i downloafs songs or albums...  my indicator stays in a circle like the download is qued but never completes the download.  I can download any station i want, but CAN NOT DO A SONG!!!!!!!!  what good is a premium account if i cant pick my songs offline?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@8gat3s I moved your post to this thread for this as it sounds like you are experiencing a similar issue.

I recommend running through the troubleshooting steps listed here as they should resolve this. 

If not, can you please do me a favor and send me a screenshot of the greyed out download icon you are seeing?

Thanks for all your help with this. 

View solution in original post

21 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kic33 I moved your post to the Android space to keep the community tidy.

Is it possible that this might be occurring because there is not enough storage on your device?

Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit.

If it doesn't appear to be storage related, I'd recommend signing out of the app and signing back in, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

If you continue to have trouble, check the download icon for the content you are attempting to download. The two rotating arrows indicate that the content is still in the download process and the highlighted downward pointing arrow means the content has successfully downloaded.

If the icon is not highlighted, try downloading the content again and keep the app in the foreground while your offline music downloads. Keep in mind that stations and large playlists take a longer time to download.

Lastly, if you are having trouble downloading stations, please try downloading a single track for offline listening to see if that works.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

8gat3s
Underground

I'm dealing with the same issue, but all of the songs that were previously downloaded I cant download again. I cant rebuild my offline library.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@8gat3s Unfortunately, there isn't currently a feature that automatically restores your downloaded content for Offline Mode when resubscribing to Pandora Premium.

With that being said, I recommend giving this existing feature request a ❤️to express your interest in getting it added to the service as well.

We apologize for any inconvenience around this. 

0 Kudos

8gat3s
Underground

I understand that I cant restore all my songs. The issue is I dont have an option to redownload any of the songs I had previously downloaded. Example - If I search for one of the songs the download button is greyed out and not clickable. The songs are still in my collection on my pc, but they dont appear in my mobile app. If this issue cant be resolved I'm going to have to cancel my subscription.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@8gat3s I moved your post to this thread for this as it sounds like you are experiencing a similar issue.

I recommend running through the troubleshooting steps listed here as they should resolve this. 

If not, can you please do me a favor and send me a screenshot of the greyed out download icon you are seeing?

8gat3s
Underground

Thanks, the trouble shoot worked. I just needed to clear the data from the phone and it solved the problem.

TannerPandora

Glad to hear that worked @8gat3s! Happy listening! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

dchad
Local Performer

Thanks for the effort.  I can see my weekly playlists and play them online but they won't download.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dchad  I moved your latest post to this thread as it sounds more in line with the new issue you are having with Offline Mode.

I recommend running through the troubleshooting steps listed here as they should resolve this. 

If not, can you please do me a favor and send me a screenshot/screen-recording of what you are seeing when you attempt to download those playlists?

0 Kudos

dchad
Local Performer

Hey Adam,

Thanks for the  help with downloading. I got them to work, however, still no weekly updating for playlists.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @dchad. 👋

I'm very sorry to hear that your playlists still aren't updating weekly. I understand how frustrating this can be. @AdamPandora has reported this over to our engineering team, and they are still working on a fix.

In the meantime, you can find the most recent update about this issue in this thread: Your [X] Soundtracks don't update anymore

I hope this information is helpful. Thanks for your patience! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Pickle1324
Local Performer

Recently upgraded to plus, and when I try to listen offline it doesn't allow me to listen to anything. There are no stations available, even the four that are supposed to be chosen for me.

Is there a separate tab or something to view those or do I need to change a setting?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Pickle1324 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Unable to download offline content

Is it possible that this might be occurring because there is not enough storage on your device? Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage on your device, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit.

If it doesn't appear to be storage related, I'd recommend disabling the offline listening feature and re-enabling it, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

To do that from a mobile device:

1. Tap the Profile tab and then the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  2. Toggle Offline Mode off, and confirm that you'd like to remove the content from your device.
  3. Toggle Offline Mode on again, to reset the download process.
  4. Keep the Pandora app in the foreground of your device while your offline stations re-download.

If you continue to have trouble, please send over a screenshot showing the status of the downloads:

2. Next select Offline. You should now be able to view a progress bar indicating the current download status.
  3. Take a screenshot of what you see here and attach it to your direct reply to this email.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

alexclimbsrocks
Local Performer

This solution does not fix it.  I also have plenty of storage, have tried to download on wifi or cellular.  Guess I'm going back to spotify, which I was trying to avoid...le sigh.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@alexclimbsrocks I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Unable to download offline content

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more:

If it doesn't appear to be storage related, I'd recommend disabling the offline listening feature and re-enabling it, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

2. Toggle Offline Mode off, and confirm that you'd like to remove the content from your device.
  4. Keep the Pandora app in the foreground of your device while your offline stations re-download.

If you continue to have trouble, please send over a screenshot showing the status of the downloads:

2. Next select Offline. You should now be able to view a progress bar indicating the current download status.
  3. Take a screenshot of what you see here and attach it to your direct reply to this email.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

theSane
Local Performer

I have premium and cannot pick my offline stations.  This used to be a feature, why was it removed? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@theSane You should still be able to manually download specific stations to your mobile device since you are upgraded to Pandora Premium.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

theSane
Local Performer

Android device, Samsung Galaxy 21.  There are no errors, just no option to mark a station for offline use.  If I "download" a station and later flip to "offline mode" that station is not available.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@theSane I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Unable to download offline content

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more:

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos