cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Songs Skip through Rapidly Without Playing 2009.2 and later

sstghnd33
Local Performer

I have uninstalled and reinstalled pandora. I can't listen to anything at all. The track keeps skipping to the next. How can I fix this?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
42 Replies

LisaBeth
Underground

@AlyssaPandorathank you.

I look forward to hearing about the fix.

Lisa Beth

LisaBeth
Underground

@AlyssaPandora
Oh no!! I selected that this issue was resolved because my app started working again.  Sadly when I switched to a different station the same problem of rapidly skipping through songs has resumed.

I'm very unhappy that I cannot listen to Pandora anymore.

I hope the engineering team resolves this problem soon.

Lisa Beth

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LisaBeth No worries - I marked that post as "not the solution" as the issue hasn't been resolved yet. Our engineering team is still looking into this. I'm very sorry that the issue is still happening. We appreciate your patience during this process. 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Chrisnoll
Local Performer

Same thing started happening recently on my phone and I've been using Pandora for 2 years and on this device. It happens on both wifi and cellular data.

• Model: motorola G5plus
  • Carrier: T Mobile
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone): 8.1
  • Pandora version: 2009.2

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Chrisnoll. 👋

Sorry to hear that this is happening. 

We have an internal ticket open for this issue and I've shared your information with our Android engineers. 

Thanks for your patience while they work on this! 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

Tison541
Local Performer

I have tried both offline and online. Cleared the data, Catch and reinstalled. Nothing fixes it. I'm on wifi and have no connection issues. This all started once I got my new phone. Kind of odd. Maybe pandora doesn't support the new androids? 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Tison541. 👋

Thanks so much for sharing your experience on the community. We have received other reports about a similar issue so I moved your post over to this existing thread: Songs Skip through Rapidly Without Playing

I'd like to share your information with our engineering team as they are investigating this issue.

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have any error messages popped up? If so, what does it say?

Let me know, and I can share these details on your behalf.

0 Kudos

Captain
Local Performer

I am also having the same issue. Mine is a pixel 3A 

T-mobile

Android 11

Cell data

App version 2009

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Captain. 👋

Sorry that you're experiencing this issue as well. I've shared your information with our Android engineers. 

Looks like you mentioned 2009 for your app version. You can try updating to the newest version 2009.2 using the steps below. If you're already on 2009.2, please disregard.

Here's how to update the Pandora app on your Android device:

1. Open the Google Play Store app.
  2. Touch the menu icon in the upper left and select My apps & games.
  3. Apps with available updates are labeled Update.
  4. Choose any appropriate apps and tap Update.

Tip: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.

0 Kudos

flyingchipmunk
Underground

This just started happening to me also. I can't get pandora to play on any device. 

Android Samsung Galaxy S20+5G

MacOS chrome/safari/Firefox

Alexa. 

They all rapidly skip songs over and over and over and never play anything. All stations, offline and online. Wifi or cell. I've tried all troubleshooting. Cleared data, reinstalled app, used multiple computers and web browsers, nothing works. 

• Model: SGS20+5G
  • Carrier: AT&T
  • Android version: 10
  • Pandora version: 2009.2
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? both
  • Have any error messages popped up? If so, what does it say? nothing just skip after skip after skip as fast as it can
0 Kudos

jacobbehrnes
Local Performer

I recently started having this issue as well. Phone info is:

• Model: Pixel 4 XL
  • Carrier: ATT
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone): 11
  • Pandora version (go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 2009.2
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? Both
  • Have any error messages popped up? If so, what does it say? Just says 'Buffering' then skips to the next song.

I've also uninstalled, cleared cache and storage on the phone but the problem still persists. Strangely enough, I have the same issue on using the web browser on my laptop, but not when using the windows 10 app (installed on the same laptop).

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @jacobbehrnes. 👋

I was just able to check out your Pandora account in our system. It's possible that this error message was triggered by multiple listeners on your account, a problem with Pandora on your device, or an issue with your internet provider.

This could also mean there were indications that the Pandora service was being accessed in ways that don't fit our Terms of Use. You can review our terms hereWhen this happens, we automatically disable access to Pandora for a period of time.

Could you try listening again and let me know if you continue to have trouble with this?

Let me know if you continue to have trouble. 🎧

0 Kudos

Rosecat
Local Performer

Same thing happens to me on my Samsung phone.

0 Kudos

blytherden
Local Performer

It is happening on multiple stations (at least 4). I have a Pixel 3+.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Rosecat Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

Please try running through our suggested troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

If you continue to experience issues with this, can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @blytherden! Thanks for posting.

Since you mentioned that this is happening on your Pixel 3+, I moved your post over to an existing thread in our Android boardSongs Skip through Rapidly Without Playing.

I'd recommend trying the following steps on your Pixel:

Please note: Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after this. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after this, please let us know.

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. For your Pixel, you can find helpful steps here.

You will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

++++

If you continue to experience issues with this, can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • Open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.

Let me know how it goes.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

SkubaSteve
Local Performer

This happens to me constantly as well I thought it was my phone

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SkubaSteve Please try running through our suggested troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

gplante25
Local Performer

The songs keep rapidly skipping through the Playlist/Station without playing. I've tried Un-installing and re-installing the app. I've also tried clearing the app's data in my settings as well, but it still keeps skipping.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @gplante25. 👋

Sorry to hear that this is happening. I can report this over to our engineering team ASAP.

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version:

Does this occur in Offline mode when this happens?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos