cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CarPlay + iOS 18: Recent tab won't load after updating to iOS 18

barnettjordan7
Local Performer

Has anyone been experiencing any problems with Pandora while using Apple CarPlay after updating your iPhone to iOS 18?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
172 Replies

BBH42
Local Performer

It does take a few more "taps", but you do ultimately get there. Hardly unusable. 

0 Kudos

gvinson58
Underground

I've had enough, I downgraded to iOS 17.7 and Pandora magically works in CarPlay as before. I'm waiting until Pandora officially has a verified fix for this before trying again. The only bummer is I updated my Apple Watch to watchOS 11.0 and now can't pair it with my phone.

0 Kudos

jerrywilson
Local Performer

I am still having the problem.  Running iOS 18.0.1 and the latest version of Pandora on an iPhone 16 Pro.

0 Kudos

lajackson57
Local Performer

Yes.  Same problem after updating to IOS 18.1 public beta.

0 Kudos

LGNEO
Underground

Open a support ticket- url in previous posts for support.

0 Kudos

ToriRN09
Local Performer

Mine is doing the same!!! It’s driving me nuts. I have tried everything to fix it. I think it’s an app error. I’m not sure what to do at this point. 

0 Kudos

Bytebox12
Opening Act
Seems like the only thing remaining to fix is the “There is a problem
loading this content” message which I still get on every single one of my stations. Come on Pandora let’s fix this please!
0 Kudos

LGNEO
Underground

Hmm - did you have the issue with "Loading..." message on the recent tab? And how did you get that fixed? Reason why I ask, is that you stated that the only thing left to fix is...

0 Kudos

BBH42
Local Performer

it still says loading, but you can bypass that by tapping the middle tab at top if screen. Then it will show your station list and usually goes to the now playing screen while playing. 

0 Kudos

agc428
Diamond in the Rough

This is ridiculous... Nothing has been fixed... Pandora ver 2408.1.1 doesn't fix anything... Apple ios-18.0.1 doesn't fix anything. Uninstall/Reinstall app, Restart iPhone, Change CarPlay settings, Check Mobile Carrier, Check Wifi settings, Trouble Shooting settings... Nothing we try fixes the issues,

A WASTE OF TIME AND FRUSTRATION!!!

Until Pandora or Apple step up, the CarPlay compatibility issues will continue.

0 Kudos

crmagee89
Underground
Agreed. I removed the most up to date Pandora mobile app from my IPhone 15
ProMax , iOS 18.0.1

Time to move on with a working music app.

Cheers.
Regards,

Chris Magee
0 Kudos

martinka
Local Performer

I have manually updated my phone to the new version, and I still cannot load my Pandora on my CarPlay in recent

0 Kudos

Gdizinno
Underground

When I try to use Pandora on my Apple Car Play for all my vehicles, I can get songs to play, but when I try to view my stations and press one, all I get is a Loading notice, then eventually a Unable to Load Content message. I downloaded the most recent version of Pandora but that didn’t make a difference. This is very frustrating as I can’t fast forward a song since no display of the song playing comes up. I also uninstalled and reinstalled Pandora on my iPhone but that didn’t make a difference.

MariaPandora

Hi @Gdizinno , thanks for posting. 

To keep things tidy, I moved your comment to this thread: CarPlay: Unable to load stations in Recent tab after updating to iOS 18

You may want to check the accepted solution for all the updates on this issue. 

Please be sure to confirm that you are on the latest version of Pandora, 2408.1.

You can manually update the Pandora app from the App store on your Apple device. If no update is available, it will say Open to the right of the Pandora icon - this means you're on the latest version.

0 Kudos

JN56
Underground

When I see a response from a moderator that indicates that there is some "accepted solution", it is very disappointing.  While there is a published work around that allows someone to listen to music through the app/car play, this issue is not solved.  The solution posted on 10/1 asking everyone to help with the diagnosis of the issue is a bit insulting.  I did not sign up to be a beta tester.  The update broke the existing functionality of the pandora app while using car play and we would appreciate that it be fixed.

LGNEO
Underground

AGREED! Plus the list of things the moderator has listed for different threads, I have all those issues! What the heck. Most frustrated!!! 

My renewal is coming up for my family plan, this is certainly giving that some thought now.

agc428
Diamond in the Rough

I agree JN56... we are not Beta Testers... we are paying customers.

Until Pandora acknowledges the Compatibility Issues with ios-18 Carplay and says they are actively working on a solution, NOTHING will be done... So, what do we do? Cancel subscription and look for another service, hope for a quick (never) solution from Pandora, don't listening to music while driving...

C'mon Pandora Fix it

Rsmith718
Underground

I have let my paid subscription run out and will leave it that way until I see users saying it’s fixed. 
In the interim I’m trying out Apple Music. 

LGNEO
Underground

Hey- let us know how Apple Music works out...

JN56
Underground

Apple Music works fine.  However, Apple's algorithm to feed you new music is nothing like Pandora.  Especially after years of thumbs up and thumbs down.  For me, it was even worse.  When you start, they ask you to pick some genres of music you like and I mistakenly selected classical music.  There was no going back.  No reset, nothing.  It took a ton of "play less of this" for it to phase out of my feed.  Beyond that, they just don't seem to be anywhere near hitting the mark on the songs I like.  Good luck if you go that route and be very careful/selective at the start.