cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CarPlay + iOS 18: Recent tab won't load after updating to iOS 18

barnettjordan7
Local Performer

Has anyone been experiencing any problems with Pandora while using Apple CarPlay after updating your iPhone to iOS 18?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
173 Replies

agc428
Diamond in the Rough

OK... I cooled down and went to the car , plugged in my updated iphone (ios-18) and carplay loaded and started Pandora (2408.1.1) with the exact same issues as Pandora 2408.1... looking to downgrade to ios-17, anybody that has done it please post results. 

read other peoples post on other music streaming services and they are not having issues with Carplay and ios-18. 

I have 2 Pandora accounts I pay ($$$) for and have had them for 10+ years... might be time for a change

Jerry333
Underground

Yes! Update didn’t fix the issue either.

Sherald
Underground

I recently (today) downloaded firmware version 2400.1.1.  I still have the issue of Pandora not being able to download my stations properly.  In fact, I get one station to play, then cannot get Pandora to allow me to change stations.  This is quite annoying.  I contacted my dealer and he said this problem has been around since IOS 18 came out.  A fix would be very nice.  I do not utilize any other music source in my car.  Thank you in advance. 

mod edit: removed personal email address

RP316
Local Performer

I have latest update & still doing it.

Sacwarrior79
Local Performer

Didn’t fix the problem in my 2024 Silverado 

Curtisshoper
Local Performer

Still not working oh and there is no update for the app

Rsmith718
Underground

I had to delete Pandora and r-load to update from 2408.1 to 2408.1.1 

Still get a loading error

walt2
Local Performer

Not resolved. I am using version 2408.1.1 on newest iOS and having the same problem.

agc428
Diamond in the Rough

Pandora Ver. 2408.1.1 didn't fix anything. Nothing changed, exact same problem... Who ever fixed/tested it needs to be FIRED!!! 

Moderators, please put some pressure on Pandora to fix compatibility issues with ios-18 CarPlay.

TannerPandora

Note: This thread as been accepted as the Solution to mark the CURRENT STATUS AND STEPS. Updates will be provided in this thread as they are made available to the Community Team.

We appreciate your continued patience during this time.

Pandora Update (10/1/24):

Thanks for posting your experience with CarPlay.

Pandora version 2408.1.1 for iOS was specifically released to address an issue with stations loading within the Recent tab on CarPlay. Since this release, we've received numerous feedback from our listeners now reporting various new experiences and some continue to have trouble with stations loading with the Recent tab.

Internal tickets have been created and our engineering teams are investigating. We appreciate your patience during this time as it may take some time and across team collaboration to further investigate.

New threads have been created to address these new experience below. If you're experiencing one or more of these issues, please be sure to post within the correct thread so that the moderation team can accurately report your experience.

We also ask that you keep conversations relevant to each thread and help us keep the community space a welcoming environment for all.

Please review the following threads careful:

Stations not loading in Recent Tab
If you continue to experience an issue with stations loading on the Recent tab please post within this thread. If you're new to this thread, please include some additional information:

iOS Version:
Pandora Version:

Note: It's been reported that selecting another tab and then re-selecting the Recent tab will load the recent stations list.

Error Message Pop Up
If you're receiving an error message, "There was a problem loading this content", please post on: CarPlay + iOS 18: 'There was a problem loading this content' error message. Comments posted here will be reported to an internal ticket investigated by our engineering team.

Doesn't Transition to Now Playing
If after selecting content the screen doesn't transition to the Now Playing screen, please post on CarPlay + iOS 18: Selecting content doesn't transition to Now Playing Screen

If you're experiencing an issue that doesn't appear above, please create a new post within the Automotive Board. Be sure to include your iOS and Pandora version and your exact experience, including any photos or screenshots.

Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

Pandora Update (09.30.24): Hi everyone 👋

We believe that this problem has been resolved in our latest release for iOS. Please update your Pandora app to version 2408.1.1, which contains this important fix. 

You can manually update the Pandora app from the App store on your Apple device.

Tip: If no update is available, it will say Open to the right of the Pandora icon.

Pandora Update (09.18.24): Hi all! Thanks for posting!

Our engineering team is aware and currently investigating. In the meantime, there is a workaround to force load Pandora within CarPlay. Please try the following:

From CarPlay

• Select My Collection
  • Choose a Station to play
  • Select the Now Playing 'arrow' in the top right corner of the screen which should force content to load

Alternatively, while connected to CarPlay, select a station to play on your phone, and CarPlay should load.

We appreciate your continued patience!

Pandora Update (09.17.24): Hi all!

Thanks for posting your experience with CarPlay and iOS 18.

I've passed along your feedback to our engineering team to further investigation.

In the meantime, for any new listener who is experiencing trouble with CarPlay on iOS 18, please be sure to confirm that you are on the latest version of Pandora, 2408.1.

You can manually update the Pandora app from the App store on your Apple device. If no update is available, it will say Open to the right of the Pandora icon - this means you're on the latest version.

Thanks for your patience while we review!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

TexaninFlorida
Local Performer

In the Apple iOS App Store, the Pandora update they just released did not show in my updates. I had to search and go directly to the Pandora app and select “update”.   Version 2408.1.1 has the same issues.

I just canceled my Pandora subscription and moved to Spotify.

0 Kudos

agc428
Diamond in the Rough

On my previous post I forgot to mention it's slow to respond.

0 Kudos

itzsmk71
Local Performer

After update - still not loading recent stations. 

Keep trying.

0 Kudos

agc428
Diamond in the Rough

OK... 2020 Honda Passport - iPhone 12 ios-18 - Pandora ver# 2408.1.1

Start car, plug in iPhone, (last station played starts to play) unlock iPhone, Recent Tab "Loading""Loading""Loading", change tab to My Collections, select My Stations and shows them... select station-1 (It plays and highlights), select station-2 (It plays and highlights), select station-3 (It plays and highlights)... it never goes/show the artist/song unless I hit the triangle icon in the upper corner and if I hit station-3 multiple times the music changes to station-1, station-2, station-3, 1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3... but never highlights them... station-3 is always highlighted (Sometimes "Can't load content" pops up)... Most of the time I don't know what station i'm on.

when i first start CarPlay "Recent" won't load until i go to "My Collection" and then back to "Recent".

Also, when i go to "My Collection" "Stations" and select a few of them, It won't let me select the first station on the list to go back to... i can select other stations but not the first one.

Losing confidence in Pandoras ability to resolve the compatibility issues with Apple ios-18 CarPlay.

Started looking at other services. 

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

crmagee89
Underground
I dropped Pandora...moved to Spotify and youtube music..
Regards,
Chris Magee
0 Kudos

bizzyb
Underground

**ahem**ty part is that pandora has the BEST sound quality.     Spotify sound quality is awful in comparison and I refuse to sacrifice sound quality:/

0 Kudos

JN56
Underground

The recents tab is still not working as before.  My experience today - started car play with the updated pandora and the Recents screen would not load.  I moved to the my content tab and the music did load and it went to the now playing screen.  However, it only did that one time.  Went back to the Recents tab and it was loaded and music would play by selecting a station.  However, it did not go to the now playing screen and, it did not bring the station I selected to the top (as in, most recent).

Things have obviously changed, but for all practical purposes, it really isn’t acting any better and it’s certainly not back to the way it was.

0 Kudos

Bytebox12
Opening Act
I don’t know what has happened but since iOS18 has been released Pandora has really gone downhill and has not caught up at all. The new Pandora update did not do anything to correct problemsMy stations list shows up only after I touch Stations, and then it loads and loads; but if I touch one station another station plays instead and I keep getting “There is a problem loading this content” with every single station I play. There is a long lag time before anything loads, the Recent tab does not load at all, the sound quality has deteriorated for some reason — this has now been going on for almost a month. I pay for this, so it’s pretty frustrating. I have never had to use my USB cord, and even when I do nothing changes. It has absolutely nothing to do with my car’s software either, as I have checked several times with Lexus for automatic and manual updates. Get on this please - it’s nice to know I am not the only one who is having issues!
0 Kudos

crmagee89
Underground
Experiencing same issue. Well said.

Cheers.
Regards,

Chris Magee
0 Kudos

Ferrarienzov
Local Performer

Yep I’m running 2408.1.1 and still having CarPlay issues with iOS -restarted phone

-deleted and reinstalled Pandora 

-restarted carplay

-restarted iPhone 

still no joy

0 Kudos