Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ei0914 You should be able to shuffle your stations from the web without having to download the Desktop App.

To Shuffle from the My Collection page:
Go to My Collectionsort the collection by Stations and select Shuffle Stations.

Let me know how it goes.

View solution in original post

31 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ei0914 You should be able to shuffle your stations from the web without having to download the Desktop App.

To Shuffle from the My Collection page:
Go to My Collectionsort the collection by Stations and select Shuffle Stations.

Let me know how it goes.

WesJfin
Local Performer

I am unable to use the desktop chrome version to access the shuffle playlist. I used the Shuffled playlist every single day for years and now it has bugged out when I search it. (since you removed the previous way to easily access this playlist from our collection and hide it in a drop down menu, I assume this is just furthering the down grade of the sites utility.)

already tried: clearing the cache, incognito, restarting computer, signing in and back out several times

Picture: https://imgur.com/SFaEpXN
Link to the list that is not  working/ suddenly blank: https://www.pandora.com/playlist/PL:1407374978520404:78174888

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@WesJfin I moved your post to this thread to keep the community tidy.

Shuffling your stations:

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds to me like you are searching for a way to shuffle your collected stations - not playlists.

You should still be able to shuffle your collected stations when streaming Pandora on your computer.

To do so, go to My Collectionsort the collection by Stations and select Shuffle Stations.

Here is a screenshot to depict where you can locate that Shuffle Stations option:

Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 4.26.38 AM.png

Blank playlist link:

When a playlist appears blank as the one you linked in your message, that means the both you and the person who created the playlist have your Pandora accounts set to Private.

You will both need to set your accounts to Public in order to view the content that was added to that linked playlist.

Hope this helps clarify. 

RosieB52
Local Performer

Thank you. Problem solved.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

No problem at all, @RosieB52.

Happy listening! 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

coloradoperkins
Local Performer

Problem just started for me on the website.  Computer logged me out and when I logged back in again shuffle stations was gone.  I have logged and and in again, did not help.  The Now Playing page gives no list of stations and no shuffle option.

0 Kudos

coloradoperkins
Local Performer

Weird.  I was able to shuffle from My Collection, even though I'm not supposed to have that option with Free I guess?  But it won't let me edit which stations I'm shuffling.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @coloradoperkins! Thanks for posting to community.

Since you mentioned this is happening on the website, I've moved your messages over to our Desktop board under How to Shuffle On Web.

As a ad-supported user, you have the option to shuffle your stations on the web and mobile devices. 

Here are some steps on how to edit your shuffle.

Shuffling from the Now Playing screen:

• Free ad-supported or Plus listeners can find the option to shuffle your stations above the station list.

Shuffling from the My Collection page:

• Free ad-supported or Plus listeners will first sort the collection by Stations and then select Shuffle Stations.
  • Premium listeners can go to My Collection, and sort the collection by Stations and select Shuffle Stations.
  • All tiers can switch between Shuffle All and a custom shuffle: just click the carat (down arrow) on the Shuffle On icon and choose either Shuffle All or Custom.

Customizing Shuffle Stations:

Stations with a blue shuffle icon will be included in the Shuffle rotation. Clicking on that icon will remove that station from your shuffle rotation.

You can customize the station included in your shuffle selection by:

• Hovering over the Shuffle On icon which will appear on the Now Playing screen which will reveal a pencil icon.
  • Clicking the pencil icon will bring you to the My Collection page.
  • Check or uncheck each station to modify your shuffle experience, either in the bottom right corner of each stations' album art, or (if you're using A-Z sorting) to the right of the station name.
  • Premium listeners can navigate more easily when customizing the shuffle experience, by sorting the stations by Recent (date added), A-Z (alphabetical) or Time Listened using the caret on the far right of your screen.

To exit Shuffle, simply select and play an individual station.

Keep in mind, that shared or hybrid stations will not be available to shuffle. 

Let me know if you continue to have trouble or you don't see these options on your web browser. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

georgerlee
Underground

My Collection page says that my shuffle stations is on, but they are not shuffling.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @georgerlee. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your shuffle feature.

How are you listening when this happens?

• Are you using a web browser? If so, which one?
  • Or, are you using the Pandora Desktop App for Windows or MAC computers?
  • Does it only play one station? 

Let me know. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

georgerlee
Underground

I am on a web browser - Internet explorer.

It only plays one station even though the shuffle stations is on.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @georgerlee. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your Shuffle feature.

Let's try running through these steps to see if it helps with the issue you're experiencing:

• Troubleshooting for Internet Explorer
  • You can also try using a different browser to see if you experience the same issue. This will also help us determine whether this is browser-related.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

georgerlee
Underground

I switched to Chrome and that fixed the problem. Thanks!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting me know, @georgerlee. Enjoy the tunes!

Feel free to let us know if anything else pops up. 🎧

0 Kudos

Bunny2
Local Performer

I have figured out how to get the SHUFFLE to start every time I boot Pandora in Windows 10 (Explorer or Chrome Web Browser).  The trick is to exit Pandora from the browser window and then restart the same browser window (Explorer or Chrome).  But this takes me to the "My Collections" "Stations" "Shuffle" Page.  I can not figure out how to get to default back to the "Now Playing" "Shuffle" Screen.  I am using Pandora Premium.

Any help would be appreciated, my wife is not very good at navigating and I need to make this as simple as possible for her.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Bunny2. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space. I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to Shuffle on Web

Shuffle when starting Pandora from your computer is not currently a feature. However, I would recommend visiting our Feature Request board. You can upvote this existing thread if you'd like to have the ability to automatically set your account to shuffle when logging in: Default to Shuffle Stations

++

Shuffling on Web:

• For a helpful screenshot of how to Shuffle your stations from the web, please check out this post.
  • You can find out more about how to shuffle your stations (or content) in this helpful article here.

To go back to the Now Playing screen, click on the "Now Playing" option in the upper left hand corner. This will take you to the current song playing during your listening session.

Screen Shot 2021-03-22 at 10.50.57 AM.png

I hope this information is helpful. 🎧

0 Kudos

ghein
Local Performer

How do I make the shuffle icon on my Pandora station become visible again on my HP computer? As of the last month, I can only navigate from one station to another, but cannot shuffle them to listen in assorted mode. 

Thank you for reading. 

Gilda 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ghein I moved your post into this existing thread: How to Shuffle on Web

You should still be able to shuffle your collected stations.

Here are some instructions on how to do so:

Shuffling from the Now Playing screen:

• Free ad-supported or Plus listeners can find the option to shuffle your stations above the station list.

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 12.48.48 PM.png

Shuffling from the My Collection page:

• Free ad-supported or Plus listeners will first sort the collection by Stations and then select Shuffle Stations.

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 12.49.15 PM.png

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Shuffling when using Pandora Modes:

Unfortunately modes aren't available while using the Shuffle feature. When you switch over to Shuffle, you won't remain in that specific mode.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for more information: Using Shuffle and Pandora Modes

Hope this helps!

sandyroe
Local Performer

Worked perfectly. Thank you!