cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Login Error After Entering Correct Info

GiCU2
Local Performer

I haven't been able to login for a few days now. I know that I'm using the correct username and password. I even tried changing my password and it still won't let me login. I thought that maybe my account had been deleted so I clicked the 'Sign Up' button. It just said that there is already an account with that username, i.e. it confirmed that my account has not been deleted. I also tried multiple browsers and disabled extensions. No luck. Please help.

Labels (2)
159 Replies

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @Gumbyman333 👋

Thanks for reporting and sorry to hear that you're having trouble logging in to Pandora through the desktop app.

I have created a ticket with our support team for you. They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 🎧

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport

evergreenlily89
Underground

I'm having this same problem. I had it playing during nap time at work, and suddenly a commercial announces "to continue playing, make an account". I was like, wait a minute, I was already logged into my account. It somehow kicked me off my account, and now it won't allow me to log back in at all, despite using the correct log in and password. It also won't send me an email, when I request changing my password just to be sure. Nothing is working. I also verified my subscription is up to date through Google Play, and my pandora payments are up to date. What is going on???

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi @evergreenlily89 

Thanks for reaching out and sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

Since this involves personal information, I have created a ticket with our support team for you. They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime! 🎧

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport

Lauraacc22
Local Performer

I'm having the same problem. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lauraacc22 I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

burnswt
Local Performer

I cannot login on one of my computers using what I know is correct username and password.  I am able to login using my work computer and phone using the same credentials (work PC runs windows 10, successful login using chrome).  I even reset my password multiple times, this did not fix the issue.

Computer OS: windows 10

Platforms tried: desktop app, chrome, edge

burnswt_0-1683048728556.png

Error message

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @burnswt. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. I moved your post over to this existing thread: Incorrect Login Error After Entering Correct Info

Since you're having trouble with your password, I've escalated your issue to our User Support team. Someone will reach out to you via email to assist with logging into your Pandora account. Please keep an eye out for their email soon. 📬

Alyssa | Community Manager
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Nebbekaneazer
Local Performer

Running windows 11, downloaded app from windows store, and it keeps saying incorrect password for this particular device. Note I can log in from the browser on the same machine using the same correct password. I have already tried uninstalling, reinstalling as well as clearing the cache + restarting and resetting app data from within the app help troubleshooting menu with no luck. Finally note I can use the desktop app from many other windows 11 devices/browsers with the same correct password no problem. 

Is there some kind of arbitrary device limit? 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Nebbekaneazer. 👋

Someone from our team will be reaching out to you via email to offer further assistance with your account and password. 

In the meantime, I moved your post over this existing thread here: Incorrect Login Error After Entering Correct Info

Thanks for your patience.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

Mayvis4117
Local Performer

Hello I am having this issue right now as well.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Mayvis4117. 👋

Thanks for letting us know about this. 

I've gone ahead and created an email case for you with a member of our support team. Someone will reach out soon to help out with your password. 

Please keep an eye out for their message soon. 📬

Telisasplace
Local Performer
This is not my request.

--
Telisa

Gumbyman333
Local Performer

Hello all, I have had this issue in the past, and it has been resolved.  From what I can gather, Pandora's security system is blocking what seems to be the IP address for a short time.  This happened to me shortly after I had moved out of state, so my desktop and laptop were now accessing Pandora from a new IP address.  I commented here back in November 2022, and they put in a ticket, and that is the information I learned from the agent who helped me.  The only solution they provided me was to wait after submitting the ticket, and eventually, the temporary ban will subside.  Mine took over 7 days to unlock my account, so hopefully you're not in too much of a hurry.  Hope this helps some people who found their way here like I had.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience, @Gumbyman333. 👍

MusicFan7612
Underground

just did exactly the same thing! pandora seems to have issues with logical reasoning

thanks - i'll try the VPN solution.

assuming VPN is the cause, then why does it say 'incorrect pw' ?? so many basic oversights with pandora

good to know! thankfully i've only spent about 2 hours figuring that out. why not provide this info in a more accessible way as opposed to a reactive response in the middle of a forum with 150 comments?? VPN's are quite common

mod edit: merged comments

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @MusicFan7612. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this. 

Unfortunately, using a VPN while trying to stream Pandora is not currently supported as it can reroute your internet connection. Legally, Pandora is only available in the U.S.

If you're using a work or school computer, please let us know.

In the meantime, I can escalate your issue to our team via email so they can offer further assistance. 

Please keep an eye out for their email message soon. 🎧

0 Kudos

MusicFan7612
Underground

Heads up to the Pandora team responsible for tracking/reporting subscriber volume:

The number of free subscribers is somewhat over-inflated. So, be sure to add a footnote when presenting to leadership that says something like: "There are fewer free subscribers than this slide indicates. One driving factor is that users are required to create an additional separate account in order to ask questions/post on forums related to login issues." When you start to see all the puzzled faces, just remain calm and explain that 'login issues' typically means the user cannot login - and since you cannot actively participate in a forum without logging in, there's a 'catch-22' situation for which the simple, timely solution is to create the additional account to be used for the sole purpose of asking questions in a forum. You may also want to note that these are all existing subscribers that are now frustrated by the login issue as well as Pandora's embarrassing oversight, which can only be explained by ignorance, laziness, indifference, or intentional sabotage from disgruntled workers. Feel free to present this account as a use case.

Thanks - i appreciate the response! no need to email, as the address i provided when creating this account is fake. i just needed to create an account so that i could log in and ask about my inability to...well...log in 🔂

mod edit: merged comments and format
0 Kudos

Mayvis4117
Local Performer
I am using a work laptop
0 Kudos

kimyo
Local Performer

this issue has not been solved.

on mxlinux, i can log in using both firefox and chromium.  

google chrome was working for ages, but now it gives me a password error.

why can't you sort out this simple problem?  there are more than a handful of threads reporting this issue, with dozens of posts, a variety of users running windows, mac and linux.

if i wasn't paying for your service, that would be one thing.  but, your customers, who pay you every month for your product deserve a simple and final solution to this problem.  why inconvenience us?  you'll drive people away just at a time when you need more subscribers, not less.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @kimyo. 👋

We appreciate your help in identifying this concern.

To keep everything organized, I've moved your post over to this existing thread as it fits the issue you're running into: Incorrect Login Error After Entering Correct Info

While Linux isn't supported, you find our minimum specs and supported browsers in this thread: Web Minimum Specifications

Since this involves your password, I've created an email support case for you. Thanks for your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos