cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logitech Media Keys / Buttons Stopped Working With Pandora One Microsoft 10 App

BackYardChicken
Local Performer

I have the Pandora One app running on my Windows 10 system. I have a Logitech K350 keyboard that has media buttons (play, pause, forward/back, etc.) and for the past year they have worked perfectly with the Pandora App.

... but unfortunately the buttons stopped working a month or so ago and I don't know why, or how to fix it. I've check keyboard settings, Microsoft settings, and Pandora app settings, and I don't see anything I can change to fix the issue.

Any ideas?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this as well, @lilchefed.

I completely understand how frustrating this must be.

Unfortunately, this wouldn't be an issue that we would need to fix on our end, as this appears to be related to Logitech keyboard settings, specifically.

I would recommend contacting their support team for any recommendations regarding your keyboard, as this may be something that needs to be investigated on their end.

In the meantime, you can manage your tunes by using the normal settings on your desktop app player.

Again, sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. Hope to see ya around the community! 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

22 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BackYardChicken Sorry for any trouble.

To clarify, are you having issues with the new Desktop App that was recently released?

If you haven't yet already, I recommend installing the new app - you can find steps on how to install here

Let me know if this helps. 

0 Kudos

jasonwpegg
Underground

DISCLAIMER: I am a regular user and not employed by or affiliated with Pandora.  I am just another user, trying to help wherever I can.  🙂

I have multiple Logitech keyboards across my devices (K350, K850, others) and have run into similar issues in the past.  The first thing I'll usually do is see if the media keys run on other apps (for example, Windows Media Player).  If they're not working on any of them, then it's likely due to a Windows update that broke the Logitech software.  When that happens I will usually just download and install the latest "Logitech Options" software and it clears everything up.  Good luck!

lilchefed
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue.  My Logitech keyboard media keys no longer work with the new Pandora Windows 10 app.  The media keys work with other apps, like Spotify or Youtube.  I've uninstalled the Pandora Windows 10 App and then reinstalled it.  I ran any software update for the Logitech keyboard.  Still no luck on getting the media keys working.  I really need the media keys to work as people are in and out of my office and it would be nice to pause the music and not just mute the computer.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this as well, @lilchefed.

I completely understand how frustrating this must be.

Unfortunately, this wouldn't be an issue that we would need to fix on our end, as this appears to be related to Logitech keyboard settings, specifically.

I would recommend contacting their support team for any recommendations regarding your keyboard, as this may be something that needs to be investigated on their end.

In the meantime, you can manage your tunes by using the normal settings on your desktop app player.

Again, sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. Hope to see ya around the community! 🎶

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

tucuxia
Local Performer

Actually the keys work fine with all other media apps including (but not limited to) that weird Groove music thing, Windows Media Player, Spotify, etc, so the issue well and truly is with Pandora. How do I install the old version of the app before you broke it, and what is your timeline for fixing this issue?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tucuxia I can confirm that the information @AlyssaPandora provided is correct - this is not something Pandora will need to push out a fix for.

Instead, you will need to contact Logitech support directly if you need further assistance with the functionality of their device.

Thanks for being a part of the community! 🎧

lilchefed
Local Performer

@AlyssaPandora, Thanks for the response.  I've reached out to Logitech and haven't heard back yet. Just a follow up, I'm not really enjoying this new Windows App, obvioulsy I hate not having the media button from my keyboard.  But using the app itself is just "glitchy".  It's just not as fast and seemless as the old app.  The interface alone isn't great and switching between stations just isn't as smooth.  

Plus I still find it weird that the media keys are working fine with the Spotify App and with Youtube and they USED to work with Pandora before the update a few months back...

Again, thanks for the response, just wish the app hadn't been updated...any way to roll it back??

tucuxia
Local Performer

@AlyssaPandora @AdamPandora  Logitech says it's your issue, and they're much older than you so I believe them. I tried a Microsoft keyboard with the same result, and I know you're not crazy enough to imply that Logi and MS both made changes at the exact second your app devolved into this messy new version that both of them don't work. It's your software, tell me how to return to a previous version. The buttons do work with your web based app but I don't want your webpage open all the time, that's why I got the app in the first place.

I'm also agreeing with @lilchefed that it worked fine before you updated to this clunkier, bigger app. I liked it when it was tiny and worked, and you should implement a toolbar control with aero-type pop up when the song changes like the old WMP player toolbar so I don't have to have the app open at all. What am I paying for if I can't even control my music from an external keyboard?

Cbech
Local Performer
I am having the same issue. Sometime in late 2019 my media keys (play, pause, etc) all stopped working for the Pandora App. I have a logitech K350 keyboard and the keys works just fine with playing videos from YouTube or streaming music from other services.
0 Kudos

user
Local Performer

I'll pile on to what others are saying and confirm that media controls from multiple keyboards does not work with the Pandora app, but does work with other applications such as iHeartRadio and Spotify.  Does not appear to be an issue with the keyboard software, but rather with the Windows 10 UWP app.

Macomber
Local Performer

This can be a pain, but the fix (till Logitech does something about it) is to manually edit the .xml file your keyboard uses to communicate to Windows.

"C:\ProgramData\Logishrd\SetPointP\Devices\Keyboard" will list a folder for every Logitech keyboard they have a remap for. Setpoint will tell you what keyboard you us (I use a K360). So click each folder then click the xml file in each folder (the xml lists the keyboard it's associated to) once you find the .xml for your keyboard, right click the xml file, click edit and delete any entry that has "HandlerSet="MM" as a setting. Save the file and now Windows will handle your hotkeys for track back, forward, play/pause, etc. instead of Setpoint handling it.

salb0006
Local Performer

The other day I added this to the players.ini file in the following location on my computer:

C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPointP

AmazonMusic=key,Amazon Music.exe,Amazon Music,xxx,xxx,&0xB3,&0xB3,&0xB2,&0xB1,&0xB0,0,1,Amazon Music

This of course was an answer from Amazon for the Amazon Music app, is there something similar to this for Pandora?

0 Kudos

Alex_rains
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue, and I'm using a corsair keyboard.

0 Kudos

peffy03
Local Performer

Same issue.  

Pandora app play/pause doesnt function with logitech, Dell, HP, or Microsoft keyboards i have tried

all of these work fine with itunes / groove / etc.

what is the ETA for a resolution?  Not being able to pause when answering a phone call is grounds for switching to something else with my pandora premium family subscription.

HomelessHomie
Local Performer

I was able to resolve the issue by uninstalling Logi Options Software. Once I install the Logitech software back the media keys stop working again on Pandora. Probably not the answer you are looking for because I know its not the one I wanted. 

0 Kudos

klef25
Local Performer

6 months later and this is still an issue. I'll repeat what has been said by others. Media keys work fine on other apps (Amazon Music) for example. So, there is something specifically wrong with the Pandora W10 app that prevents the media key signal for everyone else from working. This should be fixed by Pandora. 

0 Kudos

80am
Local Performer

This was spot on advice!!!  I use a K350 and the file I needed was 200006D.xml. I am not sure if those file names are universal or change on each install, but in either case this works like a champ!  The files look like this when you open them...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
<Source>
<language xml:lang="en-us"/>
<Devices>
<!-- ******************************** Keyboard Section ********************* -->
<!-- Device Info # -->
<Device DisplayName="Wave Keyboard K350" Class="KeyboardDevice" NumberOfButtons="37" Model="33554541" >   etc...

Just Open them up in NotePad and press Ctrl F to do a quick search for HandlerSet="MM

Delete those entire entries as @Macomber  said and save it.

Do a quick reboot and you are all set. 

I also created a copy of the original file in case I messed something up.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for providing that feedback and workaround, @80am @Macomber.

This should help other listeners with their media keys.

Enjoy the tunes 🎶

0 Kudos

jyaeger0789
Local Performer

There's def something wrong partially on Pandora's end, essentially did all the same steps every else has done so far beside xml editing cause im using the G910.  Going through the Computer Management menu did result in the buttons working for VLC, but thats about it now, no youtube via firefox or chrome (chrome already having groove unistalled and checking the //flags).
The strangest thing is, is i started down this rabbit hole because 1/100 clicks got through to pandora to work via play/pause. Cue going through those steps i mention, and i got it again to work but not at all consistently... i essentially did the childish thing and just spammed the button, and like 30 secs later it starts play/pausing, and now its unresponsive to the button again. I am now stuck because the G-series uses the LGHUB app not sharedpoint anymore. will update if i find things to work

0 Kudos