cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App changed when in Premium Access session

Fiftyfour23
Local Performer

Somehow the ‘My Collection’ screen on my app looks like this instead of the plain alphabetical list with the that let me swipe left to add variety etc. 

It now has ‘Recently played’ at the top, with album playlist ‘covers’, followed by ‘shuffle station’ and the stations below.  I cannot swipe left on any of the stations to make adjustments and have to open the station and hit the edit buttons to add variety instead of being able to swipe left and hit the pencil.

I’d like to get the My Collection tab back to the plain list that I can swipe left to make adjustments.

I’ve signed out and uninstalled.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Fiftyfour23 It looks like you enabled a free Premium Access session.

If you accept a complimentary Pandora Premium access session (by interacting with an advertisement in order to listen to content on-demand), you'll automatically be transitioned into the Premium experience, which looks a little different from our radio-only or Plus experiences. 

These Premium Access sessions allow you to create playlists, or collect songs or albums to listen to right away, rather than waiting to hear them play on a station.

However, you'll still have access to all of your stations under My Collection if you filter it by Stations.

When your Premium Access session expires you'll be returned to your normal Pandora app experience, but we'll automatically save your on-demand music collection for your next Premium experience. If you're eager to jump back into Premium, you can always upgrade your account or check your trial eligibility on the Pandora website.

I hope this helps explain.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Fiftyfour23 It looks like you enabled a free Premium Access session.

If you accept a complimentary Pandora Premium access session (by interacting with an advertisement in order to listen to content on-demand), you'll automatically be transitioned into the Premium experience, which looks a little different from our radio-only or Plus experiences. 

These Premium Access sessions allow you to create playlists, or collect songs or albums to listen to right away, rather than waiting to hear them play on a station.

However, you'll still have access to all of your stations under My Collection if you filter it by Stations.

When your Premium Access session expires you'll be returned to your normal Pandora app experience, but we'll automatically save your on-demand music collection for your next Premium experience. If you're eager to jump back into Premium, you can always upgrade your account or check your trial eligibility on the Pandora website.

I hope this helps explain.

0 Kudos

Fiftyfour23
Local Performer

It does thanks.  For myself, I prefer the other display…but I’m a simple fellow.

rbickmore
Local Performer

Hello Adam,

I’m having the same problem. It’s been like this for 5 days and somehow whatever changed is also causing the Pandora alarm to pause itself in the middle of the night and not go off in the morning. Is there a way to get out of the Premium session and back to Plus? I tried via the link you provided above and it said I didn’t have any active subscriptions after I logged in.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rbickmore I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

Please keep an eye out for their next email reply, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos

luckyhimself
Local Performer

Is there a setting on the browser to let me browse my stations how i used to instead of directing me to a new page, i like the old style and would like to use it that way

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@luckyhimself I moved your post over to this existing thread: App changed when in Premium Access session

It looks like you enabled a free Premium Access session.

Check out the accepted solution for more information.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

In the meantime, you should be able to view your collected stations by sorting your collection by Stations:

Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 6.28.01 AM.png

From there, you can sort your stations even further by:

• Recently Collected
  • Recently Played
  • A-Z
  • Most Listened

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

luckyhimself
Local Performer

luckyhimself_0-1655808594657.png

Im more talking about being able to scroll on the left instead of being forced to the 'collections' page. instead of clicking see all, i used to be able to scroll through the media playlists instead of being redirected. any advice?

luckyhimself_1-1655808837531.png

this is where there used to be a scroll wheel instead of forcing me to redirect

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@luckyhimself Thanks for following up and clarifying that with me.

Currently, the only way to view your full collection is to either select See All, or by clicking on My Collection at the top of the screen.

If you'd like to see a separate option (such as having a scroll bar on the Now Playing screen), I recommend creating a feature request for your suggestion here.

Thanks for your feedback around this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Tdgehsjfhegw
Local Performer

I have Pandora plus. Is there a way to automatically filter content that requires me to watch an ad from my searches?

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @Tdgehsjfhegw 

Thanks for posting and just to let you know I've moved your post to an existing thread under App changed when in Premium Access session.

It looks like you're subscribed to Pandora Plus, not Premium. However, you're receiving a prompt to watch an ad because you've activated Premium access which unlocks additional Premium features like on-demand content.

In the past, free listeners and Plus subscribers were only able to look for artists and tracks in order to create radio stations.

Now, if you search for and select the name of an artist, track, or album, you'll be brought to a "backstage page" where you can either create a radio station OR press play.

If you press play you indicate that you'd like to listen to that content right away (or "on-demand"). Since on-demand listening is a feature for Premium subscribers, you will either see an ad for Premium, or be prompted to watch a video ad to unlock Premium access.

If you don't want to listen to music on demand and avoid the ad, just start a station and it will prompt you to that artist or music station.

For more information or tips about Premium access sessions, please check out this thread: Tanner's Tips: #2 Premium Sessions

Hope this helps!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

Bustyzmom
Local Performer

I searched for a particular song and when I came back to the home screen, my stations and the shuffle option were missing from the left side of the screen on my computer.  I have the free version with commercials.  Can you help?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Bustyzmom! Thanks for posting and sorry for any confusion.

It looks like you started a Premium Access session. In the past, free listeners and Plus subscribers were only able to look for artists and tracks in order to create radio stations.

Now, if you search for and select the name of an artist, track, or album, you'll be brought to a "backstage page" where you can either create a radio station OR press play.

If you press play you indicate that you'd like to listen to that content right away (or "on-demand"). Since on-demand listening is a feature for Premium subscribers, you will either see an ad for Premium, or be prompted to watch a video ad to unlock Premium access.

Once your session has started, you'll experience and view Premium features for the duration of the session. Keep in mind that upgrading to Premium or accepting Premium access is completely optional; you can close the ad and we'll create a station for you to listen to instead (if one is available).

When the session ends, you'll automatically be transitioned back to your free account.

Hope this helps to explain.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos